Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 201408 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2019, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline Msimonetta2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I’m sure Morey is selling them as positive assets.....I would call them neutral. 

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2019, 06:03:23 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Houston is seeking assets to move these guys, no thank you!   Role players for first round picks ok Morey, sure.
Yeah, I always thought when salary dumping large amounts of money that the team dumping the salary gives up the assets, they don't receive them. If I am Danny and I am sucking up $25 to $30 million in salary next year and another $60-70 million in long term salary, I am telling Morey he needs to fork over the draft assets, not the other way around.
They view Capella, Gordon, Tucker as positive assets on their current contracts. I agree with this POV.

Which is why I wouldn't bother to absorb them unless the C's can't get Kemba/Vuc/whomever their primary targets are. Better to just spend cap space if someone good is going to take it.

It always boils down to what the other opportunities are. If we got Kemba, what would the option for center end up being? Where would bench scoring come from? Capela and Gordon get us most of the way to being a very dangerous team. I'm not sure we're going to find a young, productive defensive minded center like Capela any time soon and Gordon can really score, and is a solid defender. With Gordon scoring in volume off the bench, starting Smart at the point isn't out of the question.

I wouldn't lose much sleep over giving up the Milwaukee pick and our pick next year. I think I'd do it unless Ainge has an appealing plan teed up for center too.

« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Celtics in on Kanter

http://bleacherreport.com/post/boston-celtics/34f98bbc-3bae-44eb-8109-7fae6b059922

The Warriors abused Kanter on the pick and roll in the western finals.

Celts can do better.

« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2019, 06:06:16 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Celtics in on Kanter

http://bleacherreport.com/post/boston-celtics/34f98bbc-3bae-44eb-8109-7fae6b059922

The Warriors abused Kanter on the pick and roll in the western finals.

Celts can do better.

I think they are kicking all the tires they can and have backup to their backup plans. I want no part of Kanter unless it’s for a scoring big bench role for low money. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2019, 06:13:42 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brad Townsend: Current Kemba Walker destination likelihood order, per league source: 1. Boston 2. Charlotte 3. Dallas (definitely in the mix, with Lakers) Somewhere down the line: New York
3 hours ago – via Twitter

Not sure if this was posted already.

I saw it was retweeted by our long time friend Robot Dave.

Ohh so useless hahaha!

« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I think I would make that deal.

Tucker, gordon and capela for tpe and boston 2020 first, protected.

Capela is one of the few centers whose defense can cover hayward or tatum playing as a pf

Gordon and tucker are further trade assets for all i care. Are not really long term solutions anywhere.

Smart/edwards/waters
Brown/gordon/langford
Tatum/tucker/semi
Hayward/williams/yabusele
Capela/williams/room mle

Tucker is non guaranteed in 2020 and gordon is expiring. So they could fetch a nice asset by deadline, or could be flipped after 3 months to a team in need for assets.

I do that deal all day.

That will just make the Celts a middle of the pack team getting eliminated in the playoffs for the next couple of years.

Celts can do better.

I dont know if I agree with that.

In a vacuum that team is in the playoffs and then anything can happen.

But the asset is expiring deals and a young defensive center.

Girdin and tucker i would expect to get moved themselves toba contender for youth and picks

« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2019, 06:51:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Shams reporting Knicks interested in Terry Rozier.

Celtics considering Brogdon. thoughts on Beal
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2019, 06:52:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/26/nba-free-agency-rumors-primer-kevin-durant-kawhi-leonard-lakers-knicks

As Chris Mannix of SI.com notes in his latest look at free agency, Kemba Walker has been linked to the Celtics this week, but he’s not the only free agent the club is considering. According to Mannix, Boston has internally discussed the possibility of pursuing Bucks RFA-to-be Malcolm Brogdon.

There has also been speculation about Bradley Beal as a potential trade target for the Celtics, but that probably won’t be an option, according to Mannix, who notes that Beal (a favorite of team owner Ted Leonsis) has been told by the Wizards that he won’t be dealt. Even if Beal were available, there’s a feeling in Boston that it might take Jayson Tatum to acquire him, Mannix adds.

Re: Celtics considering Brogdon. thoughts on Beal
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2019, 06:57:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Beal is a 26 year old in his prime non-expiring 2 way star who has not demanded a trade and who Washington is not actively looking to move

He’d cost an absolute fortune

I’m ok with a ~20 mil offer sheet to Brogdon
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2019, 07:07:11 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

that alone should speak volumes to roziers worth...

« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2019, 07:08:02 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

All right, nice. Clean ship, Irving gone, Horford gone, Baynes gone, Rozier probably gone, Morris hopefully gone.

Would be interesting who would become the starting point guard Rozier or Smith Jr?

« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2019, 07:16:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Also saw somewhere that Charlotte was interested in Rozier if they lose Kemba. Can’t find the source though.

« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Also saw somewhere that Charlotte was interested in Rozier if they lose Kemba. Can’t find the source though.

Then we should work out a trade based on Rozier for Kemba.

« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2019, 07:18:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Then we should work out a trade based on Rozier for Kemba.

Charlotte would have to, since they don’t have the cap space to sign Rozier if Kemba leaves.  Most they could give him is the MLE, which he should exceed despite the protestations of many on these forums.