Author Topic: How To Beat The Miami Heat?  (Read 2102 times)

Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think a zone defense will be useful against Miami again now that they have gone back to Udonis Haslem as a starter instead of Battier.

Haslem's jump-shooting has been dreadful this year. He is not even making one jumper a night. Providing Miami with no floor spacing. Effectively Joel Anthony offensively.

With that bigger lineup (Haslem, C.Andersen or J.Anthony + Bosh) and two slashers in LeBron + Wade on the wing, it is difficult for Miami to get enough three point shot making on the floor to beat the zone.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think a zone defense will be useful against Miami again now that they have gone back to Udonis Haslem as a starter instead of Battier.

Haslem's jump-shooting has been dreadful this year. He is not even making one jumper a night. Providing Miami with no floor spacing. Effectively Joel Anthony offensively.

With that bigger lineup (Haslem, C.Andersen or J.Anthony + Bosh) and two slashers in LeBron + Wade on the wing, it is difficult for Miami to get enough three point shot making on the floor to beat the zone.

this and having both Lee and Bradley take their turn harassing Wade...

Green surprisingly is doing a good job on Lebron, so I guess another combo of Green and Pierce...cuz Pierce can guard Lebron rather well in the post...

other than that, we need our bench players to step up big time against their bench. Make big shots when it matters most...

which is why I am not a big fan of blowing it up or trading KG or Pierce...

i honestly still think we have a chance to win!

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
One trend in games where the Celtics beat the Heat is Wade generally has a poor offensive game, making a low percentage of shots from the field while getting to the line fewer times than usual.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
One trend in games where the Celtics beat the Heat is Wade generally has a poor offensive game, making a low percentage of shots from the field while getting to the line fewer times than usual.

Another trend I notice is that Wade and James start to settle for the outside and fade away jumpers. Fine by me...Terrible move by them.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yeah, I think stopping Wade is key to beating Miami.

I am happy enough to let LeBron do his thing and live with whatever damage he creates.

Miami doesn't utilize Bosh well offensively and their role players are mostly limited creators. So if Wade doesn't have it going, they often become too one-dimensional (LeBron) offensively and vulnerable.

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 12:16:18 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah, I think stopping Wade is key to beating Miami.

I am happy enough to let LeBron do his thing and live with whatever damage he creates.

Miami doesn't utilize Bosh well offensively and their role players are mostly limited creators. So if Wade doesn't have it going, they often become too one-dimensional (LeBron) offensively and vulnerable.

It's part of the reason why I'm concerned with Doc current guard rotation, having Lee and Bradley as starters severely limits the time they can spend guarding Wade, and to some extent Ray Allen.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Kneecap Lebron?

Pretty much.

The only way to beat Miami is for LeBron to be hurt. The guy is at the peak of his powers and if he is playing at 100% then only OKC has a chance b/c they have a similar talent.

Just think how wide open the East would be if LeBron was somehow unable to play in the playoffs.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:16 PM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Kneecap Lebron?

Pretty much.

The only way to beat Miami is for LeBron to be hurt. The guy is at the peak of his powers and if he is playing at 100% then only OKC has a chance b/c they have a similar talent.

Just think how wide open the East would be if LeBron was somehow unable to play in the playoffs.

hire someone then released, haha lol

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I think have good talented big men and try to force the Heat away from small ball. 

The Heat is loaded in terms of swing stoppers.

I think they are much more limited in trying to stop low post threats.
[/b]

yep and it was that way last year also. small ball is their game. beat them with bigs down low, pound them into submission.
LET'S GO CELTICS!