Author Topic: Other Language Forums at CelticsBlog  (Read 65146 times)

Re: Other Language Forums at CelticsBlog
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I love languages and I'd try it and/or check it out

you are very welcome eja
i have a debt with the site to write more in spanish
hope My job let me do it soon
I will surely write a looooong piece after Detroit series
but the title anyway will be

Gracias Celtics.!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
A note on non-English languages coming in the next version of CelticsBlog. With CB5 we will once again have auto-translations of pages via Google Translations. More importantly we will be moving from ISO-8859 character encoding to UTF-8. This will make it possible for us support the majority of the world's languages in their native formats (most characters + left to right, right to left, top to bottom...whatever).

In turn, I'm looking at making it possible for our members to choose their language of choice for the CelticsBlog interface. This won't translate everything in the site, articles for example, but it would translate the majority of the basic site elements visitors encounter here and thus probably make it easier for some to understand what means what around here.

Most of all, it may prove to be of especially nice help for members here who might prefer to do some blogging in their non-English, native or otherwise preferred languages. Yes, I said blogging -- in the sense of what we do on the main page and our main blogs here currently. CB5 will provide a community directory, a community blog and micro-blogs complete with a commenting system for all members.

As for extending our forums to encompass other languages beyond English with dedicated boards, all we need is the interest and a good person or two who is/are at least bilingual (with one language being English) and fluent in the proposed language forum to help us look after discussions in those areas.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
Wo sind unsere Deutsch?

Actually its "Wo sind unsere deutschen Fans" ;D.

Im new to the Forums so i dont know how many germans are in here. Basketball is on the rise in Germany after Dirk got his ring and a major soccer team got now a basketball team in the "Basketball Bundesliga" (FC Bayern Munich). In europe soccer will always be #1 but when a soccer team aquires a basketball department is very huge for the specific basketball leauge and the bball itself.

In the upcoming years basketball will become the sport #2 behind soccer, but its gonna take a while at least in Germany.

For the language part. I understand i'd say 95% of the english posts. My speaking/writing skills are ok i guess, but thats why i'm here. I want to improve my grammar skills and try to write more often english. I think there is no better way to improve my english skills with a good old basketball conversation.

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Wo sind unsere Deutsch?

Actually its "Wo sind unsere deutschen Fans" ;D.

Im new to the Forums so i dont know how many germans are in here. Basketball is on the rise in Germany after Dirk got his ring and a major soccer team got now a basketball team in the "Basketball Bundesliga" (FC Bayern Munich). In europe soccer will always be #1 but when a soccer team aquires a basketball department is very huge for the specific basketball leauge and the bball itself.

In the upcoming years basketball will become the sport #2 behind soccer, but its gonna take a while at least in Germany.

For the language part. I understand i'd say 95% of the english posts. My speaking/writing skills are ok i guess, but thats why i'm here. I want to improve my grammar skills and try to write more often english. I think there is no better way to improve my english skills with a good old basketball conversation.

Dont read me then... :-[    ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
Come on, dont be so pessimistic, i belive in you !

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2021, 05:16:24 PM »

Offline 100% Celt

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 25
Mi piacerebbe un forum in italiano per parlare e praticare una delle mie lingue straniere.

J'aimerais aussi un forum en français pour la même raison.

Me gustariá en Espanol también porque aprendo este idioma.