Author Topic: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering  (Read 49493 times)

Re: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2024, 11:06:36 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
I wouldn’t waste any pick on him.  I see nothing about him that makes me think he has a snowballs chance in hades of sticking in the NBA . Maybe he can drive for NASCAR or be a rapper . Soon as Lebron is gone his son will disappear from basketball  and then be lost to the world.  His brother might be a decent college talent.

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2024, 11:13:04 AM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
I don't know why any team would spend a first oun Bronny when he would be available in the 2nd. It would be a worthwhile risk in the 2nd if it gives you a strong chance at adding LeBron.

I was pretty serious that I think there would be a tampering investigation if a team drafted Bronny in the first round. Teams draft stash players in the second round all the time that may never come over so if a team wants to use a pick that way it is fine. But a first round pick is guaranteed money with a salary slot and for a bench player from a bad team that shot 27% from three it’s just not a defensible pick (it would be different if he was like a 7’3 project that was raw). But also again I think this is all
A moot point and he will return to school. Staying in the draft would be fairly humiliating for Bronny at this point. His dad isn’t the most self aware guy but I think even he realizes that.

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2024, 02:22:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
Rob Parker saying that NBA Draft this year may be Bronny's only option of making it to the NBA because he cannot afford to return to college and risk having another bad season. Another season like this one would end his NBA dreams. But if he goes now, someone may take a shot on him.

Interesting viewpoint.

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2024, 05:18:59 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
Rob Parker saying that NBA Draft this year may be Bronny's only option of making it to the NBA because he cannot afford to return to college and risk having another bad season. Another season like this one would end his NBA dreams. But if he goes now, someone may take a shot on him.

Interesting viewpoint.

He would probably make more money in NIL than as a second round pick in the 50’s (which even then would not be on merit). I don’t know if the people saying this stuff realize he was a historically bad shooter his freshman year. You can’t do that as an undersized guard.

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2024, 11:12:21 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Without several more years of prep , not sure he could even survive in the G league . Maybe his last name would get him on an Asian team.  If he suddenly turns into Jason Kidd 2.0 then he land back in the NBA, he ll earn it. You can’t build a Ferrari out of a Yugo.

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2024, 12:39:32 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 560

Interesting viewpoint.

He would probably make more money in NIL than as a second round pick in the 50’s (which even then would not be on merit). I don’t know if the people saying this stuff realize he was a historically bad shooter his freshman year. You can’t do that as an undersized guard.
Do you really think money is a concern?  He's listed at 6'4" 210lbs.  That isn't undersized for a guard.  If Lebron is serious about taking a significant discount in order to play on the same team with his son, some teams (e.g. Sixers and Clips) should consider using a late 1st on Bronny. 

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2024, 01:53:56 AM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White

Interesting viewpoint.

Do you really think money is a concern?  He's listed at 6'4" 210lbs.  That isn't undersized for a guard.  If Lebron is serious about taking a significant discount in order to play on the same team with his son, some teams (e.g. Sixers and Clips) should consider using a late 1st on Bronny.

I think he is closer to 6’3 I actually saw him at a game In person and he is not a big dude. He also is not a point guard he plays more like a shooting guard/small forward he is objectively small for how he plays. Dont really think this part is debatable. You also glossed over the most key part that he is a horrible shooter which is a problem for a guard of any size (27% from college three is like Andre Drummond shooting threes who shot 29% the one year he shot 1.5 per game.) And yea like I said it would probably warrant an investigation from the league if the lakers or Philly wasted a first round pick on him to get Lebron for cheap. That is the definition of rule break and would warrant a penalty on par with what the wolves got for Joe smith. I’m surprised anyone that is an nba fan would want a team to draft a guy that is not a top 100 prospect right now for the draft and giving him multiple guaranteed years of salary to get another star player at a discount. That’s just terrible for the league and also humiliating to Bronny to be used as a prop for that.

For all the reasons I have mentioned he probably won’t enter the draft but it is very baffling to me the amount of people that think teams just draft there friends homies and punt a first round pick. With the cba the first round picks are as valuable as ever. The league also wants to be run in a respectable manner.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 02:06:55 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2024, 10:41:32 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Interesting viewpoint.

I think he is closer to 6’3 I actually saw him at a game In person and he is not a big dude. He also is not a point guard he plays more like a shooting guard/small forward he is objectively small for how he plays. Dont really think this part is debatable. You also glossed over the most key part that he is a horrible shooter which is a problem for a guard of any size (27% from college three is like Andre Drummond shooting threes who shot 29% the one year he shot 1.5 per game.) And yea like I said it would probably warrant an investigation from the league if the lakers or Philly wasted a first round pick on him to get Lebron for cheap. That is the definition of rule break and would warrant a penalty on par with what the wolves got for Joe smith. I’m surprised anyone that is an nba fan would want a team to draft a guy that is not a top 100 prospect right now for the draft and giving him multiple guaranteed years of salary to get another star player at a discount. That’s just terrible for the league and also humiliating to Bronny to be used as a prop for that.

For all the reasons I have mentioned he probably won’t enter the draft but it is very baffling to me the amount of people that think teams just draft there friends homies and punt a first round pick. With the cba the first round picks are as valuable as ever. The league also wants to be run in a respectable manner.
If Lebron doesn't pick up his option and becomes a free agent and continues to say he'd take less money to play with Bronny, what rule is being broken if a team goes by his public statements and drafts Bronny?  Even if there is a bit of communication through the agent, how is the NBA going to prove it?  Late 1st round picks aren't that valuable.  Would it make you feel better if Bronny is taken in the 2nd like Giannis' brothers? 

I don't want it to happen but I'm not going to be surprised if it does happen.  Desperate team owners will do what it takes to win a championship. 

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2024, 01:10:27 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White

Interesting viewpoint.

If Lebron doesn't pick up his option and becomes a free agent and continues to say he'd take less money to play with Bronny, what rule is being broken if a team goes by his public statements and drafts Bronny?  Even if there is a bit of communication through the agent, how is the NBA going to prove it?  Late 1st round picks aren't that valuable.  Would it make you feel better if Bronny is taken in the 2nd like Giannis' brothers? 

I don't want it to happen but I'm not going to be surprised if it does happen.  Desperate team owners will do what it takes to win a championship.

Do you really not understand how a player saying I will opt out and take an under value contract with your team if you draft my son while he is under contract with the lakers breaks like 15 rules? Come on tazz this is objectively getting pretty dumb here.

And yes I have said it would still stink, but it is least tolerable if someone takes a flier on him late in the second because teams do waste those picks or take fliers on foreign players that may never come over. They are not even guaranteed money. The first round though is absolutely ridiculous and like I said would warrant an investigation.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:16:25 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2024, 03:01:10 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Interesting viewpoint.

Do you really not understand how a player saying I will opt out and take an under value contract with your team if you draft my son while he is under contract with the lakers breaks like 15 rules? Come on tazz this is objectively getting pretty dumb here.

And yes I have said it would still stink, but it is least tolerable if someone takes a flier on him late in the second because teams do waste those picks or take fliers on foreign players that may never come over. They are not even guaranteed money. The first round though is absolutely ridiculous and like I said would warrant an investigation.

It’s not the teams fault that Lebron is running his mouth.  If someone would be punished the league can only look at Lebron unless they can prove a private conversation took place with one of these teams.  Doubtful any kind of tampering investigation would take place, Lebrons mission to play with his son has been common knowledge for years now. 

Players conspiring to play together is so much worse than this IMO, and the league has barely acknowledged it.

That being said, If the kid gets drafted this year it’ll be embarrassing for Bronny and the league though IMO
Greg

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2024, 07:12:13 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White

Interesting viewpoint.

It’s not the teams fault that Lebron is running his mouth.  If someone would be punished the league can only look at Lebron unless they can prove a private conversation took place with one of these teams.  Doubtful any kind of tampering investigation would take place, Lebrons mission to play with his son has been common knowledge for years now. 

Players conspiring to play together is so much worse than this IMO, and the league has barely acknowledged it.

That being said, If the kid gets drafted this year it’ll be embarrassing for Bronny and the league though IMO

Kind of baffled by the amount of people that aren’t getting what’s illegal here/basic cba stuff. Bronny is not a top 100 prospect and seems very unlikely to be an nba player. If you draft him in the first round (and some of these teams being mentioned like Philly or lakers) will likely have a pick at 18-22. Those picks come with guaranteed money of 6-9 million over 2-3years. For a team like Philly counting every single dollar to get max cap space or dealing with luxury tax they aren’t going to commit up to 9 million dollars without some assurance that Lebron will sign there for cheap, which is illegal because Lebron is under contract with lakers.  This is why the league would absolutely investigate it. This really isn’t hard. 

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2024, 08:04:57 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Interesting viewpoint.

Kind of baffled by the amount of people that aren’t getting what’s illegal here/basic cba stuff. Bronny is not a top 100 prospect and seems very unlikely to be an nba player. If you draft him in the first round (and some of these teams being mentioned like Philly or lakers) will likely have a pick at 18-22. Those picks come with guaranteed money of 6-9 million over 2-3years. For a team like Philly counting every single dollar to get max cap space or dealing with luxury tax they aren’t going to commit up to 9 million dollars without some assurance that Lebron will sign there for cheap, which is illegal because Lebron is under contract with lakers.  This is why the league would absolutely investigate it. This really isn’t hard.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing that a rule isn’t technically being broken, I think people are saying, at least I am, that the league wouldn’t investigate it, and if they did wouldn’t be able to prove anything.

If the Bucks cut Thanasis tomorrow and Giannis let it be known that he’d do anything to play with his brother again, even for the league minimum, you don’t think teams would carve out a spot for him?  Especially contending teams like Philly handcuffed by the tax, they’d line up to get a third star for a minimal tax hit
Greg

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2024, 08:13:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
What rule is being broken?

Is there are a rule that is being broken? Or do people think there should be a rule created to stop this from happening?

I am not sure what rule is being broken here.

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2024, 08:35:26 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
What rule is being broken?

Is there are a rule that is being broken? Or do people think there should be a rule created to stop this from happening?

I am not sure what rule is being broken here.

A player under contract with one team can not negotiate with another team about future contracts. This is like the most basic rule of tampering. In this instance, Lebron can’t tell Philly he will sign with them for cheap if they draft his son. It would be a very clear cut example of tampering. What in the world is going on with this thread lol.

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2024, 08:37:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Interesting viewpoint.

Please point to the rule preventing Lebron from saying, which I think he already has said or at least implied, that he'll take less to play on the same team with Bronny.  Please point to the rule that prevents Lebron from taking less than he is worth to play wherever he wants.  The league can investigate whatever they want but it only matters what they can prove.  The league investigated Harden taking less to sign with the Sixers but couldn't prove there was any illegal deal in place. 

I said late 1st not mid 1st.  I'd envision the Sixers trading down.  Or like the Lakers and Clippers who don't have 1st rounders, they could trade into the late 1st.  However, the Sixers have the 41st pick so they could just use it on Bronny.