Author Topic: Cooper Flagg  (Read 69347 times)

Re: Cooper Flagg
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2023, 11:53:52 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
He's committed to Duke, choosing them over UConn.

:'( :'( :'(

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2023, 04:40:08 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2023, 01:28:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cooper and Ace Flagg’s Montverde Academy basketball team has held the No. 1 national ranking all year, and it showed why this weekend in Las Vegas.

Playing on national television, and in front of dozens of NBA executives, Montverde (Florida) beat No. 3 Link Academy (Missouri) 71-59 on Friday night, and then No. 9 AZ Compass Prep (Arizona) 58-46 on Saturday afternoon.

The two-game slate was part of the inaugural Nike Elite Youth Basketball League Scholastic Showcase, featuring five hand-picked teams from the EYBL circuit.

With the victories, Montverde has improved to a perfect 9-0, and has now beaten the No. 3, No. 4 (Columbus), No. 6 (IMG Academy), No. 8 (Wasatch Academy), and No. 9 teams in the country by an average of 20.8 points — cementing itself as the nation’s No. 1 team, with the nation’s No. 1 player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2024, 08:20:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Flagg returned to Maine for a 2-game showcase.

Game 1:  23 points, 10 rebounds, nine blocks and five assists

Game 2:  29 points, 9 rebounds, three blocks

Montverde Academy is 15-0, #1 in the country. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/15-0-record-montverde-academy-140022615.html

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2024, 02:22:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Cooper and Ace Flagg’s Montverde Academy basketball team has held the No. 1 national ranking all year, and it showed why this weekend in Las Vegas.

Playing on national television, and in front of dozens of NBA executives, Montverde (Florida) beat No. 3 Link Academy (Missouri) 71-59 on Friday night, and then No. 9 AZ Compass Prep (Arizona) 58-46 on Saturday afternoon.

The two-game slate was part of the inaugural Nike Elite Youth Basketball League Scholastic Showcase, featuring five hand-picked teams from the EYBL circuit.

With the victories, Montverde has improved to a perfect 9-0, and has now beaten the No. 3, No. 4 (Columbus), No. 6 (IMG Academy), No. 8 (Wasatch Academy), and No. 9 teams in the country by an average of 20.8 points — cementing itself as the nation’s No. 1 team, with the nation’s No. 1 player.

Draft Ace (identical twin) as UDFA and have them swap teams without anyone catching on. Winning....

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2024, 12:12:59 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
KD on Cooper Flagg:

“The intangibles that he has, his measurables and his raw talent. I can see that through the TV,” Durant said recently about the five-star prospect.

“I mean he’s 6’10” and can run the floor like that, and [he’s] got the instincts with the basketball like that,”

“If you work at it, and if you care, and if you’re consistent with who you are – like I said, showing up every day – if you show up every day and be the best that you can be, I think Cooper Flagg could be one of the top players in the league for 15 years.”
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.