Author Topic: The pecking order has been established finally  (Read 5105 times)

Re: The pecking order has been established finally
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
1. Tatum
2. Brown
3. Kemba
4. Hayward
5. Smart
6. Theis
7. Kanter
8. Wannamaker

Those are the best players on the team in that order. I'm so glad there is no longer any confusion with the pecking order on this team.
Kemba if healthy is clearly the number 2.

I'm not seeing it. Kemba can only score off screens and if the guy defending him is long Kemba can't even really get that shot off cleanly. Brown doesn't have the offensive limitations that Kemba does. Kemba is just way too short.
If you think Kemba can only score off screens like some role player, I doubt the amount of Celtics games you've watched this year. Dude's great in the clutch.

Haven't missed a game this year. Kemba is an all star for a reason but he has height limitations. It's not a knock on him it's just reality.
1. Tatum
2. Brown
3. Kemba
4. Hayward
5. Smart
6. Theis
7. Kanter
8. Wannamaker

Those are the best players on the team in that order. I'm so glad there is no longer any confusion with the pecking order on this team.
Kemba if healthy is clearly the number 2.

I'm not seeing it. Kemba can only score off screens and if the guy defending him is long Kemba can't even really get that shot off cleanly. Brown doesn't have the offensive limitations that Kemba does. Kemba is just way too short.

??? ??? ???

What are you seeing in games if you seriously think Kemba's coasted by to 4x NBA Allstar based on being a role playing PG that can only shoot off screens?

Div B
@statcenter

Leaders for off the dribble 3P% (min. 100 attempts):

Smart - 42%

Redick - 42%

Tatum - 41%

Bledsoe - 41%

Lillard - 40%

Bojan - 40%

Middleton -40%

And, just for fun: Worst:

T. Ross - 25%

Temple - 26%

Dinwiddie - 28%

Giannis - 29%

Beal - 30%

Rozier - 30%

If you restrict this to players who have taken at least 45 3s on 3+ dribbles to try to weed out pump + 1 dribble 3s, here are the leaders:

Joe Ingles: 45% on 67 att
Marcus Smart: 44% on 45 att
Jayson Tatum: 43% on 127 att
Eric Bledsoe: 43% on 77 att
Goran Dragic: 42% on 76 att

Fun fact Smart is actually shooting a blistering 47% in the 4th for 3PA.

The only two players shooting 47% off of catch and shoot three's with a minimum of 200?

Reddick and Rozier.

I've been saying for years, Rozier should play as a SG, that can help run in transition, make the occasional pass, or shoot 3's, but not off the dribble ones...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:39:45 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: The pecking order has been established finally
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Just like Fafnir said, Kemba is only good in isolation against the mismatch. If you put a slow footed big on him Kemba will eat. If you put agile length on him Kemba will struggle. Isolation is not his bread and butter. The pick and roll is his bread and butter. His shot making off of the pick is what got him to the all star game. Are people really trying to argue that Kemba made the all star game from what he does in the paint or midrange? Seriously. He's short, and he realizes he's short, which is why he utilizes screens to his advantage. Jaylen simply doesn't need a screen to be effective no matter who is covering him.

And it's not like i'm calling him a scrub. I have him as the 3rd best player on this team.