Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123513 times)

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
If you check Twitter, there is a just posted pic of Ray Allen, on a plane back to Boston. When asked of his plans, Ray replied "no comment".  Plane back to Boston? GOOD. No comment? ARGHHH ANSWER THE QUESTION I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE

Is this true? He is on the plane backed to Beantown? Or a joke?

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
If you check Twitter, there is a just posted pic of Ray Allen, on a plane back to Boston. When asked of his plans, Ray replied "no comment".  Plane back to Boston? GOOD. No comment? ARGHHH ANSWER THE QUESTION I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE

Is this true? He is on the plane backed to Beantown? Or a joke?

If you check Twitter, there is a just posted pic of Ray Allen, on a plane back to Boston. When asked of his plans, Ray replied "no comment".  Plane back to Boston? GOOD. No comment? ARGHHH ANSWER THE QUESTION I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE
Link??

The guys name on twitter is Ben Sosenko @BenSosenkoCBS13.  https://twitter.com/BenSosenkoCBS13

I dont know if that link works since I never do links but I gave you the name in case you wanted to look for yourself.
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Since it is a picture my gut feeling is that it is not a joke.  Unless the pic is from months ago or something of that nature.  Seems pretty legit since its a twitpic ya know?
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Remember this from yesterday?

I recalled it was the same t-shirt from yesterday. Notice the glasses also. Could this be him departing from Beantown to MIA? In my opinion it's more likely.

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
Will when Ray come and let us know? I

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
David Aldridge:

Nothing new on Ray Allen. He's back from Miami and is deciding. No plans to visit Memphis/Minnesota, though they & Boston still on list.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
David Aldridge:

Nothing new on Ray Allen. He's back from Miami and is deciding. No plans to visit Memphis/Minnesota, though they & Boston still on list.

TP for actual news
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Brian J. Anthony ‏@brianjanthony
Breaking: Ray Allen will come back to the Celtics. Details will come out later today. Ray wants to end his career with Boston

This guy says ray is coming back
I like that guy, can he hook me up with a sandwich?

Ha ha--Forsberg says he's still an indecisive man:

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
latest on Ray Allen saga from @WindhorstESPN: left Miami without an answer, but sources say he’s torn on decision:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8136250/boston-celtics-miami-heat-ray-allen-feels-torn-sources-say

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Why wouldn't Ray be flying private?

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
By Brian Windhorst

No answer out of Ray Allen

Free agent Ray Allen left his meeting with the Miami Heat on Thursday night without giving them an answer on their contract offer and is torn on whether to leave the Boston Celtics, sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Allen had an afternoon meeting with Heat president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra and then went to dinner with them and other members of the team's front office. The Heat offered Allen their mid-level exception, which starts at $3.09 million per season-- or half of the Celtics' offer of $6 million per year over two years.

The most the Heat could offer is three years and $9.5 million.

The sources did not go into specifics, saying Allen is torn because remaining a Celtic is still very much an option.

Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have recruited Allen. Riley and Spoelstra were believed to have presented a plan where Allen would have a major role in the offense playing alongside them and Chris Bosh. The Heat are hoping that the offer entices Allen to leave money on the table and end his five-year partnership with Celtics stars Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

The Celtics, sources said, have their own plan for incorporating Allen into a different role that includes playing him alongside Jason Terry, who committed to sign with the Celtics earlier this week. The Boston Herald reported that Boston also has offered to include a no-trade clause in Allen's contract, something the Heat cannot offer.

Meanwhile, according to reports, the Heat will meet with free agents Rashard Lewis and Marcus Camby over the weekend.

Link

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
I hope Shannon Allen is on our side.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Did CSNNE renew her cooking show?

Also great news that Ray has left Miami without a contract, coming back to Boston means everybody here can influence him.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
By Brian Windhorst

No answer out of Ray Allen

Free agent Ray Allen left his meeting with the Miami Heat on Thursday night without giving them an answer on their contract offer and is torn on whether to leave the Boston Celtics, sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Allen had an afternoon meeting with Heat president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra and then went to dinner with them and other members of the team's front office. The Heat offered Allen their mid-level exception, which starts at $3.09 million per season-- or half of the Celtics' offer of $6 million per year over two years.

The most the Heat could offer is three years and $9.5 million.

The sources did not go into specifics, saying Allen is torn because remaining a Celtic is still very much an option.

Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have recruited Allen. Riley and Spoelstra were believed to have presented a plan where Allen would have a major role in the offense playing alongside them and Chris Bosh. The Heat are hoping that the offer entices Allen to leave money on the table and end his five-year partnership with Celtics stars Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

The Celtics, sources said, have their own plan for incorporating Allen into a different role that includes playing him alongside Jason Terry, who committed to sign with the Celtics earlier this week. The Boston Herald reported that Boston also has offered to include a no-trade clause in Allen's contract, something the Heat cannot offer.

Meanwhile, according to reports, the Heat will meet with free agents Rashard Lewis and Marcus Camby over the weekend.

Link

That makes it sound like this is all about whether Ray still needs to believe he's a starter in the league.

Mike

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Yeah! This is just great news, I got the feeling this gives us another shot. Maybe Ray doesn't want to leave Boston after all :)

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Did CSNNE renew her cooking show?

Also great news that Ray has left Miami without a contract, coming back to Boston means everybody here can influence him.

I'm in Iowa but I've changed my mind and really want Ray to remain a Celtic.  Stay green, Ray!

Mike