Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123652 times)

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ric Bucher just tweeted that the Twolves are the third team that ESPN and a few other talking heads have referred to that is after Ray Allen.

Which is only possible if Batum's offer is matched.

And it's been widely reported that Portland will match.
It has, but that could take till the 13/14 right?

That's a heck of a wait potentially.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Brian J. Anthony ‏@brianjanthony
Breaking: Ray Allen will come back to the Celtics. Details will come out later today. Ray wants to end his career with Boston

This guy says ray is coming back
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline AlainaCath

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Norris Cole makes no sense, because the Heat couldn't increase their offer to Ray.  A Ray S&T with the Heat only makes sense (from the Heat's perspective) if they are able to increase their offer to Ray, which helps lands him.  The following are the only players that allow the Heat to increase their offer:

Udonis Haslem -- Ray can be offered $5.175 mil
Mario Chalmers -- Ray gets $5.1 mil
Joel Anthony -- Ray gets $4.788 mil
James Jones -- Ray gets 4.288 mil
Shane Battier -- Ray gets 4.019

Norris Cole only comes to the Celtics if we also get one of the above players.  No other deal makes sense for Miami to do, because they would still only be able to pay Ray $3 mil, which they can do without a trade.

I'd take any of those guys for Ray, if his heart is absolutely set on leaving. Except for Chalmers, the dudes face, I just want to punch it every time I see it. I can't control it, Its like this stomach urge of just wanting to clock him every time he freaking smiles on the court.

It would obviously be a conflict of interest for me to want to punch our back-up PG every time he took the floor...so anyone but him.

Are we related? Two pages ago I professed my dislike for Chalmers and his stupid face. Amen, brother.

I didn't catch it, but I am glad to know I'm not alone...Its that creepy pedo smile...every-time they'd do a close-up of him during the series I'd just get infuriated. He just has one of the faces I guess...

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Maybe Ray is trying to make the Celtics feel as dangled as he was with the different trade ideas.

Hopeful thinking.
Hope this is wrong. Kind of makes Ray look petty and immature and I never got that from him.

He's a businessman looking for the best deal that fits his and his family's current needs. He's playing teams off one another until someone blinks and he gets what he wants.

My guess is he wants more than 2 years, more than $5 million per year, he wants no trade assurances(possibly with a no trade clause or a huge no trade kicker) and he wants a chance to win another ring.

Whoever gets him the most of the above things probably gets Ray.

This is it right here.

I believe he wants the money and he also wants assurance that never again will his name be involved in any trade talks. Whoever can offer that I believe will land Ray.

Yup And it can't hurt to make the C's sweat a little too. Let them know just how much he is wanted by the team that ended their season 2 years in a row.

Ultimately its a good business move. He should hear out both sides and think about it for a few days. He doesn't need to decide until next week. Those offers aren't going anywhere.

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Norris Cole makes no sense, because the Heat couldn't increase their offer to Ray.  A Ray S&T with the Heat only makes sense (from the Heat's perspective) if they are able to increase their offer to Ray, which helps lands him.  The following are the only players that allow the Heat to increase their offer:

Udonis Haslem -- Ray can be offered $5.175 mil
Mario Chalmers -- Ray gets $5.1 mil
Joel Anthony -- Ray gets $4.788 mil
James Jones -- Ray gets 4.288 mil
Shane Battier -- Ray gets 4.019

Norris Cole only comes to the Celtics if we also get one of the above players.  No other deal makes sense for Miami to do, because they would still only be able to pay Ray $3 mil, which they can do without a trade.

I'd take any of those guys for Ray, if his heart is absolutely set on leaving. Except for Chalmers, the dudes face, I just want to punch it every time I see it. I can't control it, Its like this stomach urge of just wanting to clock him every time he freaking smiles on the court.

It would obviously be a conflict of interest for me to want to punch our back-up PG every time he took the floor...so anyone but him.

Are we related? Two pages ago I professed my dislike for Chalmers and his stupid face. Amen, brother.

I didn't catch it, but I am glad to know I'm not alone...Its that creepy pedo smile...every-time they'd do a close-up of him during the series I'd just get infuriated. He just has one of the faces I guess...

smug punk. I'd like to see how smug he is when he leaves Miami in a couple years chasing a big payday.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The "Minnesota is the dark horse" rumor makes total sense to me.

Its like when my fiance's 3 year old nephews come over to visit my house, and they see me playing X-Box, and ask to play.

So I just pop the battery packs out of two controllers and tell them they're random guys who appear on the screen.

That's what is going on here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Brian J. Anthony ‏@brianjanthony
Breaking: Ray Allen will come back to the Celtics. Details will come out later today. Ray wants to end his career with Boston

This guy says ray is coming back
I like that guy, can he hook me up with a sandwich?

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
BREAKING:

West Wekler ‏@WesWekler
Ray Allen signs a 6 year 150 million dollar contract with hair club for indecisive men

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
If you check Twitter, there is a just posted pic of Ray Allen, on a plane back to Boston. When asked of his plans, Ray replied "no comment".  Plane back to Boston? GOOD. No comment? ARGHHH ANSWER THE QUESTION I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
What do you think he means by "no comment"? Are we sure it's not a layover?

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
My assumption is that he means "its none of your business, you regular person." lol But seriously I think it is going to be a long decision for Ray. Not something kneejerk where he signs with Miami today or tomorrow.  Next week, after Ray has contemplated becoming a snake, and becoming a legend in Celtic lore, he will make the decision.  Until then, there will be rumors flying every which way. Honestly, if Ray is smart, funny, and loyal he does this...

Ray Allen will air a one hour Sportscenter Special where he will announce his decision.  He will raise a ton of money for kids in his charity organization to make it seem like hes a good guy.  Answer a bunch of pathetic questions. Then tell the host that he's keeping his talents in Boston cuz hes not a lil biaaatch like Lebron and would never play for those fairies down in Miami.  He just wanted to keep them enticed long enough for all the other free agents that were available to get picked up.  And laugh his ass off on his way off the screen where he picks up a ball and buries another 3.
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Honestly, if Ray is smart, funny, and loyal he does this...

Ray Allen will air a one hour Sportscenter Special where he will announce his decision.  He will raise a ton of money for kids in his charity organization to make it seem like hes a good guy.  Answer a bunch of pathetic questions. Then tell the host that he's keeping his talents in Boston cuz hes not a lil biaaatch like Lebron and would never play for those fairies down in Miami.  He just wanted to keep them enticed long enough for all the other free agents that were available to get picked up.  And laugh his ass off on his way off the screen where he picks up a ball and buries another 3.

TP

Offline 5.9.20.34.43

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
My assumption is that he means "its none of your business, you regular person." lol But seriously I think it is going to be a long decision for Ray. Not something kneejerk where he signs with Miami today or tomorrow.  Next week, after Ray has contemplated becoming a snake, and becoming a legend in Celtic lore, he will make the decision.  Until then, there will be rumors flying every which way. Honestly, if Ray is smart, funny, and loyal he does this...

Perfect.then I can go watch The association AND He got game ...back to back.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If you check Twitter, there is a just posted pic of Ray Allen, on a plane back to Boston. When asked of his plans, Ray replied "no comment".  Plane back to Boston? GOOD. No comment? ARGHHH ANSWER THE QUESTION I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE
Link??
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i can see kahn giving ray an offer too good to refuse say $10-15 mill one year, this happens ainge should try and land an exception and do somthing with it