Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123882 times)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Miami really did give him three years hopefully he comes back to Boston and gives us a chance to match.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline AlainaCath

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
In other news...I'd be devastated to lose Ray, but If we got Coles in return and a pick or two in the process it would certainly alleviate my suffering a bit.

I liked what I saw from the kid from the minutes he played in the series.

Re: Wow Celtics/Heat trade. Norris Cole to Celts?
« Reply #407 on: July 06, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Who the heck is Ronnie 2K?  :P

Whoever he is, he's behind the times.

Now Ronnie 3K, he's the man. He's like a cyborg ninja from the future.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Not sure who this is.

Doctor NBA ‏@DoctorNBA
The #MiamiHeat offered $9.5 million for 3 seasons to Ray Allen (BOS). ThereŽs no deal yet. HeŽll spend couple more days in South Beach.

Even if this were true, the Celtics' deal offers more money in two years.  He'd be better off doing that then looking for a third year if he really wants it afterwards.  At the very least he could get a million for the vet min and make it end up being 3 years 13 million in the long run. 

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Norris Cole makes no sense, because the Heat couldn't increase their offer to Ray.  A Ray S&T with the Heat only makes sense (from the Heat's perspective) if they are able to increase their offer to Ray, which helps land him.  The following are the only players that allow the Heat to increase their offer:

Udonis Haslem -- Ray can be offered $5.175 mil
Mario Chalmers -- Ray gets $5.1 mil
Joel Anthony -- Ray gets $4.788 mil
James Jones -- Ray gets 4.288 mil
Shane Battier -- Ray gets 4.019

Norris Cole only comes to the Celtics if we also get one of the above players.  No other deal makes sense for Miami to do, because they would still only be able to pay Ray $3 mil, which they can do without a trade.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:32:52 PM by saltlover »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I just hope this gets done today because I'm getting sick of it.

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Personally I'd take Udonis.  He can rebound.  Great backup PF.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 683
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I am suffering from ray Allen fatigue....I don't expect him to decide anytime soon. Ray is methodical

If he goes Miami..I expect it to be in a sign and trade for someone

Offline AlainaCath

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Norris Cole makes no sense, because the Heat couldn't increase their offer to Ray.  A Ray S&T with the Heat only makes sense (from the Heat's perspective) if they are able to increase their offer to Ray, which helps lands him.  The following are the only players that allow the Heat to increase their offer:

Norris Cole only comes to the Celtics if we also get one of the above players.  No other deal makes sense for Miami to do, because they would still only be able to pay Ray $3 mil, which they can do without a trade.

I'd take any of those guys for Ray, if his heart is absolutely set on leaving. Except for Chalmers, the dudes face, I just want to punch it every time I see it. I can't control it, Its like this stomach urge of just wanting to clock him every time he freaking smiles on the court.

It would obviously be a conflict of interest for me to want to punch our back-up PG every time he took the floor...so anyone but him.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Not sure who this is.

Doctor NBA ‏@DoctorNBA
The #MiamiHeat offered $9.5 million for 3 seasons to Ray Allen (BOS). ThereŽs no deal yet. HeŽll spend couple more days in South Beach.

Even if this were true, the Celtics' deal offers more money in two years.  He'd be better off doing that then looking for a third year if he really wants it afterwards.  At the very least he could get a million for the vet min and make it end up being 3 years 13 million in the long run. 

Technically the most the Heat can offer without a sign-and-trade is $9.405 million over three years.  So the doctor is wrong.  But I'm sure they offered $9.405/3 years.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Norris Cole makes no sense, because the Heat couldn't increase their offer to Ray.  A Ray S&T with the Heat only makes sense (from the Heat's perspective) if they are able to increase their offer to Ray, which helps lands him.  The following are the only players that allow the Heat to increase their offer:

I'd take any of those guys for Ray, if his heart is absolutely set on leaving. Except for Chalmers, the dudes face, I just want to punch it every time I see it. I can't control it, Its like this stomach urge of just wanting to clock him every time he freaking smiles on the court.

It would obviously be a conflict of interest for me to want to punch our back-up PG every time he took the floor...so anyone but him.

That's a pity, because I think Chalmers makes the most sense if the Celtics want a 4-guard rotation and Ray wants minutes and to be part of a 3-guard rotation.  It also lets the Heat offer practically as much as possible.

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33

Are we related? Two pages ago I professed my dislike for Chalmers and his stupid face. Amen, brother.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ric Bucher just tweeted that the Twolves are the third team that ESPN and a few other talking heads have referred to that is after Ray Allen.

Which is only possible if Batum's offer is matched.

Re: Wow Celtics/Heat trade. Norris Cole to Celts?
« Reply #418 on: July 06, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Who the heck is Ronnie 2K?  :P

Whoever he is, he's behind the times.

Now Ronnie 3K, he's the man. He's like a cyborg ninja from the future.

lol

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Ric Bucher just tweeted that the Twolves are the third team that ESPN and a few other talking heads have referred to that is after Ray Allen.

Which is only possible if Batum's offer is matched.

And it's been widely reported that Portland will match.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague