Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123612 times)

Re: Just bringing news from RealGm.. Don't hurt me!!
« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
One thing that is starting to bug me is the people that bring up Ray's son to validate their stances that he will stay here.

Ray is a millionare, he will get the best care for his son no matter  where he lives.  

But it is a valid point. Remember when Fisher left Utah because the LA hospitals were better for his child?

Re: [Random Twitter Guy] Celts offer Ray contract with no-trade?
« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
so sick of this fake BS twitter BS

« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Haha.  These forum titles are excellent.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Well we definitely are at a desperate level here on the Celticsblog forums
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #334 on: July 06, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
One thing that is starting to bug me is the people that bring up Ray's son to validate their stances that he will stay here.

Ray is a millionare, he will get the best care for his son no matter  where he lives.  

But it is a valid point. Remember when Fisher left Utah because the LA hospitals were better for his child?

Right, but not to discredit Walker's condition but he essentially has (at this point) a relatively stable form of diabetes. A condition millions of Americans struggle with. Not all of them live in Boston.

Plus Miami is a 2 1/2 hour flight from Boston. It's not a long haul. 
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #335 on: July 06, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I always look for my insider Celtics news from Pinchie Fabian. As random of a twitter guy this is, he still holds more credibility than A. Sherrod.

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
For the record, I met Danny Ainge outside of a Wendy's once so if you guys have any questions about what we're going to do this offseason let me know.
  don't hold out on us... did he get a Frosty?

He was drinking a medium fountain drink. It was unclear if he had eaten inside before I saw him, and I don't think it's fair to speculate.

Just putting the pieces together - so you're saying Danny didn't use the drive thru.  Was that for a particular reason? Can we trace this back to the JR Giddens thread? Was he working the Drive Thru window?? Are those two at odds??? OR were they meeting to discuss a new contract???? [dang] it, SO!!!!!

breaking news: Ainge meets with Giddens at Wendys to discuss terms of new contract

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
Kobe to Celtics, A-Rod to Red Sox, KG to the Warriors.

I'll believe it when someone emails Jeff saying it's going down and then miraculously does less than 24 hours later.

*Oh and Ryen Gomes.

« Reply #338 on: July 06, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Right, but not to discredit Walker's condition but he essentially has (at this point) a relatively stable form of diabetes. A condition millions of Americans struggle with. Not all of them live in Boston.

Right and im not saying that its a consideration but its just annoying hearing it especially on the radio when people are wrapping up their main points and then throw in, "Oh and his kid is sick hes got to stay here in boston"

And after this guys initial post with the rumor he did the same thing a couple posts down.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
For the record, I met Danny Ainge outside of a Wendy's once so if you guys have any questions about what we're going to do this offseason let me know.

He was drinking a medium fountain drink. It was unclear if he had eaten inside before I saw him, and I don't think it's fair to speculate.

Just putting the pieces together - so you're saying Danny didn't use the drive thru.  Was that for a particular reason? Can we trace this back to the JR Giddens thread? Was he working the Drive Thru window?? Are those two at odds??? OR were they meeting to discuss a new contract???? [dang] it, SO!!!!!

breaking news: Ainge meets with Giddens at Wendys to discuss terms of new contract

I'm not sure I'll see a more creative post for a month. That's awesome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
You got to give it to the guy that posted this on RealGM, it's a possible, made-up rumor, but it's delivered with a lot of confidence.

"This news will come out."

« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Right and im not saying that its a consideration but its just annoying hearing it especially on the radio when people are wrapping up their main points and then throw in, "Oh and his kid is sick hes got to stay here in boston"

And after this guys initial post with the rumor he did the same thing a couple posts down.

yea, im agreeing with you. I don't think it's a big factor.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Just putting the pieces together - so you're saying Danny didn't use the drive thru.  Was that for a particular reason? Can we trace this back to the JR Giddens thread? Was he working the Drive Thru window?? Are those two at odds??? OR were they meeting to discuss a new contract???? [dang] it, SO!!!!!

I think, though am not sure, that Ainge entered just to say 'hello' to JR who was working a double for the second straight day.

« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

But then ended up using doctors in New York...

A lot of people in Utah would say athletes use those situations as an excuse to go play somewhere else.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2012, 12:18:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

But then ended up using doctors in New York...

A lot of people in Utah would say athletes use those situations as an excuse to go play somewhere else.

Fisher asked to get out of his contract though. That's pretty uncommon, even for players in Utah.