Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT  (Read 102665 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2015, 12:04:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I just don't have that ability. Maybe a Monday night or Fri night. Those are weekdays. I'm not trying to be a killjoy....just need a plan.

« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I just don't have that ability. Maybe a Monday night or Fri night. Those are weekdays. I'm not trying to be a killjoy....just need a plan.

FWIW -- and my records may be a little out of date -- but Brahma has FOUR #1 pics, IP has FOUR, Birdman has FIVE --- that's 13/20 first rounders right there.

Whoever replaced BFM (was there a new GM announced?) has two.

So I'd start with whether those 3 GMs prefer a day/evening draft. I'm happy to pitch and run a daytime draft this year if need be Eja.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415

FWIW -- and my records may be a little out of date -- but Brahma has FOUR #1 pics, IP has FOUR, Birdman has FIVE --- that's 13/20 first rounders right there.

So I'd start with whether those 3 GMs prefer a day/evening draft. I'm happy to pitch and run a daytime draft this year if need be Eja.
Nice point GC..yeah, theres no way I can be here on a afternoon..Thursdays are my only day off and im usually mowing all day on that day...so if all possibale, night would be best for me..but if it is in the daytime, I just make a list and send it in to the commish
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2015, 01:10:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

Nice point GC..yeah, theres no way I can be here on a afternoon..Thursdays are my only day off and im usually mowing all day on that day...so if all possibale, night would be best for me..but if it is in the daytime, I just make a list and send it in to the commish

or....you can give some of your picks to those of us that don't have any  ;D

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
For a short time only, I'm putting Jusuf Nurkic on the block. Depending on how people value him, he may or may not be traded, but I am opening up the floor for offers before the draft.

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't think I've ever actually been able to make it to a draft because we have always done it right during the work day. We just had some pretty overwhelming evidence Sunday night works pretty well.
If I see overwhelming evidence that people with picks want a weekday draft we can deal with that, but for now I'm still leaning towards Sun night.

I have seen no objections to the new GM, so I think pretty soon I will give him BFMs team. Next I plan to email some guys like Pitts. Then talk a little with byennie. Then set a draft time. Then we go forward.

I think that's the best I can do right now.

« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2015, 08:29:32 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I don't think I've ever actually been able to make it to a draft because we have always done it right during the work day. We just had some pretty overwhelming evidence Sunday night works pretty well.
If I see overwhelming evidence that people with picks want a weekday draft we can deal with that, but for now I'm still leaning towards Sun night.

I have seen no objections to the new GM, so I think pretty soon I will give him BFMs team. Next I plan to email some guys like Pitts. Then talk a little with byennie. Then set a draft time. Then we go forward.

I think that's the best I can do right now.

I have no picks and no one has been willing to trade me a top 10 one, so my preferences should not be taken into consideration too much.

Mk

P.S. I am bored and want to pass the time discussing convoluted trade scenarios.i just made a questionable traded of John Wall in the h2h league, I am ripe for the pick'n.

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
The Ubuntu Y'alls have picks #22 and 28 in the upcoming rookie draft.

We'd be interested in trading them for a higher pick this year or dealing one/both of them for a pick next year.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
What's the draft order?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2015, 10:05:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I've emailed Pitts (I can't think of anyone else that is solely on email) and I have familiarized Dennis with BFMs roster and some of the basic rules of the league.
I've been in touch with byennie and I expect him to make an appearance at some point. Working on a draft next.

I'm also messaging the guys with lots of picks

One of the things I'm not as great at right now is the tech side of things. For example I've never done an on line poll type thing like Gains. I was thinking of doing that in yahoo at some point.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:33:18 AM by eja117 »

« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
I have the 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, and 16th pick...now im going to keep my 6th and 8th unless im blown away by an offer..12th going to be hard to trade also cause I got my eye on a prospect...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2015, 04:16:41 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
One of the things I'm not as great at right now is the tech side of things. For example I've never done an on line poll type thing like Gains. I was thinking of doing that in yahoo at some point.

Like i said i"m happy to set up polls using Doodle.

The polls on the Yahoo! site are good too -- and easy to set up. (once you get the league set up -- remember Byennie will have to renew the league then add you as a commish, then you can remove him from the league)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:58:00 PM by Gainesville Celtic »

« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I've emailed Pitts (I can't think of anyone else that is solely on email) and I have familiarized Dennis with BFMs roster and some of the basic rules of the league.
I've been in touch with byennie and I expect him to make an appearance at some point. Working on a draft next.

So it was decided that BFM is out if the league?  Was this voted on or commish power?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So it was decided that BFM is out if the league?  Was this voted on or commish power?

It was done by commish's power, by the former commish (byennie). I would suggest revisiting it and possibly putting it to a vote.