Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 204065 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1785 on: March 26, 2018, 11:05:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Josh Jackson is gonna be really good.  He's so multidimensional and affects the game in so many ways.  He has a nice touch and his shooting is improving.  And while he may not fill out like other prospects, once he gets stronger he will only be better, especially as a defender.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1786 on: March 26, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

They haven't been very good without Wall that's for sure (which is strange because they have talent) is Scott Brooks not a good coach?
Lol...if you have to ask then you have your answer.

Dude had sooooooo much talent in OKC and coukdn't win it all.

Yeah, Brooks is pretty typical of most NBA coaches, imo. All he ever talks about, at least in huddles, anyway, and iirc, is defense, defense, defense, and to push the ball ::). He has absolutely no concept of how to design any kind of half-court offense, imo, and listen, maybe that will change, but it hasn't happened as of yet in either OKC or DC, so yeah.

« Reply #1787 on: March 27, 2018, 12:59:20 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

They haven't been very good without Wall that's for sure (which is strange because they have talent) is Scott Brooks not a good coach?

But to be fair, that was before OKC's 2012 Big 3 were at their peak. But man, imagine how many championships they could've won if they all stuck together after 2012.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1788 on: March 27, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Those Rockets are very convincing. They just had their 17-game winning streak snapped not so long ago.

Now they've won 9 games in a row. Are they not the real deal?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1789 on: March 27, 2018, 01:39:11 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Those Rockets are very convincing. They just had their 17-game winning streak snapped not so long ago.

Show the same consistency in the playoffs, then we talk. I'll believe they are legit when I see it. CP3 is still a conference finals virgin and Harden got bounced in the 2nd round with a Kawhi-less Spurs.

« Reply #1790 on: March 27, 2018, 01:44:47 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Show the same consistency in the playoffs, then we talk. I'll believe they are legit when I see it. CP3 is still a conference finals virgin and Harden got bounced in the 2nd round with a Kawhi-less Spurs.

Ya I want to believe this team is legit but Harden and D'antoni have repeatedly proven otherwise come playoffs.
ok fine

« Reply #1791 on: March 27, 2018, 03:08:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Ya I want to believe this team is legit but Harden and D'antoni have repeatedly proven otherwise come playoffs.
Sometimes just being the healthiest good team is enough to win it. Do the Lakers win it if KG isn't hurt in 2009 or if Perk goesn't get hurt in 2010? Does GSW win if Love and Kyrie aren't hurt in 2015? Does Houston win if MJ is around for those two sabatical years?

« Reply #1792 on: March 27, 2018, 04:35:05 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Sometimes just being the healthiest good team is enough to win it. Do the Lakers win it if KG isn't hurt in 2009 or if Perk goesn't get hurt in 2010? Does GSW win if Love and Kyrie aren't hurt in 2015? Does Houston win if MJ is around for those two sabatical years?
Injuries don't have to do with anything about their point. Injuries happen every year. You could go back and question any championship, and wonder if it would have gone different if someone hadn't gotten injured. Their point is that Harden and Paul don't win in the playoffs. And since they have proven that, it's not going to be any different this time.

I think it will be interesting to see. Definitely the best team CP3 has had, and people tend to forget that Harden HAS been to the finals. If they get bounced early again this year though, I don't know if Paul will ever get there.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #1793 on: March 27, 2018, 06:11:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Injuries don't have to do with anything about their point. Injuries happen every year. You could go back and question any championship, and wonder if it would have gone different if someone hadn't gotten injured. Their point is that Harden and Paul don't win in the playoffs. And since they have proven that, it's not going to be any different this time.

I think it will be interesting to see. Definitely the best team CP3 has had, and people tend to forget that Harden HAS been to the finals. If they get bounced early again this year though, I don't know if Paul will ever get there.
I understand the point that Harden and CP3 don't win in the playoffs because there is a history of them losing there. Lebron had that history once upon a time too. Until he finally won.

What I am saying is maybe Harden and CP3 overcome their past because they are on the healthiest good team, which happens a lot. With GSW banged up, Boston decimated by injuries, Cleveland only now seeming to get everyone healthy and integrated, perhaps even though D'Antoni, Harden and Paul are playoff losers, maybe they finally win because they're the healthiest good team left.

« Reply #1794 on: March 27, 2018, 08:03:03 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I understand the point that Harden and CP3 don't win in the playoffs because there is a history of them losing there. Lebron had that history once upon a time too. Until he finally won.

What I am saying is maybe Harden and CP3 overcome their past because they are on the healthiest good team, which happens a lot. With GSW banged up, Boston decimated by injuries, Cleveland only now seeming to get everyone healthy and integrated, perhaps even though D'Antoni, Harden and Paul are playoff losers, maybe they finally win because they're the healthiest good team left.
One thing is for sure - they won't be getting any better chances to break the spell.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1795 on: March 27, 2018, 10:04:00 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

One thing is for sure - they won't be getting any better chances to break the spell.

No doubt the stars are aligning for CP3 Harden and D'antoni if they can't win it this year they will have to win it in a parallel universe because it won't happen in this one.
ok fine

« Reply #1796 on: March 27, 2018, 10:46:13 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Yeah, Brooks is pretty typical of most NBA coaches, imo. All he ever talks about, at least in huddles, anyway, and iirc, is defense, defense, defense, and to push the ball ::). He has absolutely no concept of how to design any kind of half-court offense, imo, and listen, maybe that will change, but it hasn't happened as of yet in either OKC or DC, so yeah.

he is more or a cheerleader than a X and O's coach .   

« Reply #1797 on: March 27, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Little trap game for the Raps tonight... Denver will be a nice tough out
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1798 on: March 27, 2018, 01:13:03 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Little trap game for the Raps tonight... Denver will be a nice tough out

Philly just ran through Denver last night, Toronto is going to run through them too off a B2B.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1799 on: March 27, 2018, 08:59:13 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Ibaka has been terrible lately.