Author Topic: Nets (26-33) at Celtics (41-18) Game #60 3/3/20  (Read 40099 times)

Re: Nets (26-33) at Celtics (41-18) Game #60 3/3/20
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2020, 10:54:14 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Smart's looking at a suspension for going after one of the refs post game.  He fouled the guy on that 3 - if that's what he was complaining about, he's wrong.

omg Marcus please just stop.  You blew the game, don't make it worse.

« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2020, 10:56:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
What I'd like to know - and I'm sure none of the so called 'insiders' like A Sherrod or anyone else bothered to ask - is why didn't Brad double LaVert - at least a couple of times as was hitting every shot in sight in the 4Q?

« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2020, 10:57:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Ugly game.  Just downright ugly.

« Reply #483 on: March 03, 2020, 11:02:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Terrible loss, but for everyone who thinks we should be fighting tooth and nail with banged-up players on the front end of a back-to-back to get a W over the nets with the 2nd/3rd seed almost guaranteed, not sure what you think we’ll get out of that. This was an epic meltdown and we can erase it tomorrow with a W. But count me in the camp who thinks that we would be better off 100% healthy with the 6-seed than 50% healthy and the 2-seed.... go .500 in this stretch, rest guys, I honestly don’t care. Playoffs seeding won’t matter if we’re banged up going in. Forget it.

Honestly, after cooling down with a few shots of Jameo, I share the same sentiment as you.

Yes, tonight sucked. But... It is just one game. We should hope TOR loses to the Suns, and we can get that W tomorrow easily and allow our starters to rest.

I think whether or not we get HCA, we're still a threat to any team. It would certainly help of course.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #484 on: March 03, 2020, 11:02:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Smart will be suspended. 100%

Get ready for a lot of Wanamaker next game. Likely no Smart/Brown/Hayward/Kemba.

Eh, he gave them some choice words that they were likely deserving of (except the last foul - that was definitely a foul), but the whole "Smart was restrained" report is blowing it out of proportion. Just watching it he wasn't going after the refs like they were claiming. I think he'll be fined but not suspended.

That was a foul but LeVert wasn't shooting, he wasn't even facing the basket. Levert was trying to pass to an open team mate.

That is true. He just flailed after the contact, not a chance he was shooting.

If Brad hadn't wasted all of his time outs we could have challenged ;)

Come on, Scottie, we all know that wasn't happening. If he would've done that, then he wouldn't have got to put another timeout in his timeout piggy bank at home!

If you were paying attention, you would've seen that we didn't have any left at that stage. But of course that doesn't fit your narrative so we conveniently ignore that.

Because we burned two on the same possession needlessly with 6 seconds to go - one (if not both) that could've been used earlier, preferably with a challenge. It's just as much about him making dumb timeout decisions when he shouldn't and not making the appropriate timeout decisions. Not rocket science. Try again.

« Reply #485 on: March 03, 2020, 11:04:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
What I'd like to know - and I'm sure none of the so called 'insiders' like A Sherrod or anyone else bothered to ask - is why didn't Brad double LaVert - at least a couple of times as was hitting every shot in sight in the 4Q?

I mean, that would require Brad to do something in the game and take his hands out of his pockets on the sidelines, which we all know isn't happening.

« Reply #486 on: March 03, 2020, 11:06:27 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

Get ready for a lot of Wanamaker next game. Likely no Smart/Brown/Hayward/Kemba.

Eh, he gave them some choice words that they were likely deserving of (except the last foul - that was definitely a foul), but the whole "Smart was restrained" report is blowing it out of proportion. Just watching it he wasn't going after the refs like they were claiming. I think he'll be fined but not suspended.

That was a foul but LeVert wasn't shooting, he wasn't even facing the basket. Levert was trying to pass to an open team mate.

Come on, Scottie, we all know that wasn't happening. If he would've done that, then he wouldn't have got to put another timeout in his timeout piggy bank at home!

If you were paying attention, you would've seen that we didn't have any left at that stage. But of course that doesn't fit your narrative so we conveniently ignore that.

Because we burned two on the same possession needlessly with 6 seconds to go - one (if not both) that could've been used earlier, preferably with a challenge. It's just as much about him making dumb timeout decisions when he shouldn't and not making the appropriate timeout decisions. Not rocket science. Try again.

You were already moaning earlier in the game about not using time outs, so we wouldn't have had the two two "burn" late in the game anyways....you can't have it both ways.

Regardless, the fact that nobody outside Johnny from Burger King types like you on message boards thinks this is a problem is enough for me. i just like how you can't stop regurgitating it over and over.

« Reply #487 on: March 03, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Here's the other thing that ticks me off about Brad - Kemba played 23 minutes tonight with a 25 minute limit. So why the heck did he not play him around half of the OT, especially once Smart fouled out?? That would've given us the best chance of pulling out the win while still staying right at Kemba's minute limit.

It's like he just conceded this game as soon as we went to OT. Ridiculous.

« Reply #488 on: March 03, 2020, 11:14:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
@Gary Washburn
OK... so Jayson Tatum isn't at the arena, so he isn't going to Cleveland. Gordon Hayward said he's sore, Jaylen Brown was favoring his right hamstring in the locker room and Kemba Walker isn't going to Cleveland either. The healthy #Celtics suddenly aren't healthy anymore.

Awesome!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #489 on: March 03, 2020, 11:16:45 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
@Gary Washburn
OK... so Jayson Tatum isn't at the arena, so he isn't going to Cleveland. Gordon Hayward said he's sore, Jaylen Brown was favoring his right hamstring in the locker room and Kemba Walker isn't going to Cleveland either. The healthy #Celtics suddenly aren't healthy anymore.

Awesome!

Time to call up Waters and Tacko....

« Reply #490 on: March 03, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
@Gary Washburn

Awesome!
add a possible Smart suspension for a game to that and the top 5 on the team are out.  going to be bad in Cleveland if that's the case.  very bad

« Reply #491 on: March 03, 2020, 11:18:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
@Gary Washburn

Awesome!
add a possible Smart suspension for a game to that and the top 5 on the team are out.  going to be bad in Cleveland if that's the case.  very bad

I have faith in a lineup with Romeo Langford, Tremont Waters, and Taco Fall beating the Cavs

« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2020, 11:18:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

You were already moaning earlier in the game about not using time outs, so we wouldn't have had the two two "burn" late in the game anyways....you can't have it both ways.

Regardless, the fact that nobody outside Johnny from Burger King types like you on message boards thinks this is a problem is enough for me. i just like how you can't stop regurgitating it over and over.

Reading is hard  :(

This was a won game but somehow Brad managed to lose it. One time out to stop Brooklyn's run could have done wonders. Instead Boston looked tight and unsure as Brooklyn slowly gained confidence. It's just a bad bad loss.

So uhhh...

Brad must be allergic to timeouts, because he never seems to call it when the team goes on a run... Like ever -_-

For all you "timeouts don't matter to stop runs" drones, this is what you get. Brad played virtually the entire fourth quarter without a timeout to even try and slow them down and get something easy for us, and this is what you get. You let the other team get in a groove and get going downhill. Ridiculous. Dude is just not a good in-game coach, no matter how much some of you try to rationalize it.

Yeah the users who told me wasting a time out was pointless clearly didn't see the 12-1 run they went on.. LeVert just cooking us.. Ugh. Where's the DOUBLE?!?

Stevens coached for tomorrow and Levert said nah sorry dude. Probably cost them two games again.

Marcus Smart special

CBS lost the game tonight

Outcoached. Epic meltdown

50 from bloody Caris LeVert. Brads schemes have an epic way of making solid guards look like Kobe or MJ

Watch Coach Brad Stevens is gonna say "I thought our team played well tonight, we just didn't do an excellent job executing" again.

Starts with Brad. He's gotta go if he doesn't wanna coach lol.

What is Brad saving Langford and TIMELORD for....

I have been concerned Brad isn't the coach to get us over the hump. He went a long towards confirming those suspicions tonite. You can't expect the players to take a game seriously if the coach doesn't. This was a joke.

pathetic all the way around.  bad defense, horrid rebounding and bad coaching.  absolutely disgusted.  should force them all to cough up their paychecks for the game and refund the tickets to the people who went to the game

What a pathetic performance. Making LeVert look like Jordan.

No attempt at anything different from Brad either. Smh. Get off the court.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they get booed off

These are the games that come back and haunt you in the standings. Stevens played with fire again and got burned.

up 21 and fell back to have to go to OT.  I'd fine every player and Brad their paychecks for the game

Wow. Brad can't come up with a better inbounds play than that?

« Reply #493 on: March 03, 2020, 11:20:28 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
@Gary Washburn

Awesome!

Good thing we focused on taking this one and closing it out once we saw the game was ours for the taking! Oh wait.

« Reply #494 on: March 03, 2020, 11:22:11 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

Reading is hard  :(

This was a won game but somehow Brad managed to lose it. One time out to stop Brooklyn's run could have done wonders. Instead Boston looked tight and unsure as Brooklyn slowly gained confidence. It's just a bad bad loss.

So uhhh...

Brad must be allergic to timeouts, because he never seems to call it when the team goes on a run... Like ever -_-

For all you "timeouts don't matter to stop runs" drones, this is what you get. Brad played virtually the entire fourth quarter without a timeout to even try and slow them down and get something easy for us, and this is what you get. You let the other team get in a groove and get going downhill. Ridiculous. Dude is just not a good in-game coach, no matter how much some of you try to rationalize it.

Yeah the users who told me wasting a time out was pointless clearly didn't see the 12-1 run they went on.. LeVert just cooking us.. Ugh. Where's the DOUBLE?!?

Stevens coached for tomorrow and Levert said nah sorry dude. Probably cost them two games again.

Marcus Smart special

CBS lost the game tonight

Outcoached. Epic meltdown

50 from bloody Caris LeVert. Brads schemes have an epic way of making solid guards look like Kobe or MJ

Watch Coach Brad Stevens is gonna say "I thought our team played well tonight, we just didn't do an excellent job executing" again.

Starts with Brad. He's gotta go if he doesn't wanna coach lol.

What is Brad saving Langford and TIMELORD for....

I have been concerned Brad isn't the coach to get us over the hump. He went a long towards confirming those suspicions tonite. You can't expect the players to take a game seriously if the coach doesn't. This was a joke.

pathetic all the way around.  bad defense, horrid rebounding and bad coaching.  absolutely disgusted.  should force them all to cough up their paychecks for the game and refund the tickets to the people who went to the game

What a pathetic performance. Making LeVert look like Jordan.

No attempt at anything different from Brad either. Smh. Get off the court.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they get booed off

These are the games that come back and haunt you in the standings. Stevens played with fire again and got burned.

up 21 and fell back to have to go to OT.  I'd fine every player and Brad their paychecks for the game

Wow. Brad can't come up with a better inbounds play than that?

All posts from the game thread, you are starting to get the point....well done.