Author Topic: Nets (26-33) at Celtics (41-18) Game #60 3/3/20  (Read 40064 times)

Re: Nets (26-33) at Celtics (41-18) Game #60 3/3/20
« Reply #435 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:30 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
These are the games that come back and haunt you in the standings. Stevens played with fire again and got burned.

Absolutely, yet another game that he is throwing away for us because of his atrocious in-game management. So done with him.

Yeah, so you say every second post.

That's what happens when he continues to throw games for us. He's played the primary role in the last three close losses due to his poor decision-making. You want to stop seeing these posts? Convince Brad to get his head out of his rear during the games.
Blah, blah, blah, blah. You're a stuck record. I don't want you to stop posting it, your meltdowns amuse me.

Won't disappoint ya then, brother!  ;)

Seriously, though, Brad sucks.

You need to take a time out.

« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:32 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Whatever. It happened.

I’m convinced though this team will never be healthy. Like ever. I’m also convinced Kemba might be damaged goods too.

« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:21 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
also speaks volumes about the team's attitude towards winning games -- not as important as 'load management' apparently

Why load management for Romeo and TIMELORD?
load management for the 'star' players on the team.  none of our top 5 players available in OT
No one on their bench can score. Again back to Danny not finding any help.  This is going to end up biting them where it hurts in the playoffs. 

« Reply #438 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:23 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
The C's went on 2 three game losing streaks in January, so I see no need to panic. But this was a horrible loss.

Rebounding the last two games has been a serious issue. Not sure if it's a disciple, size or luck.

« Reply #439 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
This was a won game but somehow Brad managed to lose it. One time out to stop Brooklyn's run could have done wonders. Instead Boston looked tight and unsure as Brooklyn slowly gained confidence. It's just a bad bad loss.

« Reply #440 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:15 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Watch Coach Brad Stevens is gonna say "I thought our team played well tonight, we just didn't do an excellent job executing" again.

Starts with Brad. He's gotta go if he doesn't wanna coach lol.

Like, this is really it, too. He just doesn't do his job during the games. He's content on just trying to let the players figure it out, completely not fulfilling his in-game responsibilities.

Plus, I am sick of watching him stand there on the sideline in the middle of a meltdown and try to prove he is the most composed human being on earth. Show some emotion, chew on the refs, chew on your players when they need it, Just stands there with that stupid look on that stupid face.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #441 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Hayward can't be resigned. You can't depend on a guy who runs to the locker room at the hint of contact. And whatever our training crew is doing, they need to do the opposite. I've never seen a team sit so many guys for ticky tack non-injuries, and guys sitting out with "illness".

« Reply #442 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:28 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Whatever. It happened.

I’m convinced though this team will never be healthy. Like ever. I’m also convinced Kemba might be damaged goods too.

I tend to agree now. This Hayward thing is the most disappointing. He’s either hurt or a ghost too much.  :(

« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:47 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Terrible loss, but for everyone who thinks we should be fighting tooth and nail with banged-up players on the front end of a back-to-back to get a W over the nets with the 2nd/3rd seed almost guaranteed, not sure what you think we’ll get out of that. This was an epic meltdown and we can erase it tomorrow with a W. But count me in the camp who thinks that we would be better off 100% healthy with the 6-seed than 50% healthy and the 2-seed.... go .500 in this stretch, rest guys, I honestly don’t care. Playoffs seeding won’t matter if we’re banged up going in. Forget it.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #444 on: March 03, 2020, 10:33:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
also speaks volumes about the team's attitude towards winning games -- not as important as 'load management' apparently

load management for the 'star' players on the team.  none of our top 5 players available in OT

You need defense and you sit Romeo 7 minutes and TIMELORD 10 minutes.... MAKES NO SENSE>>>>

« Reply #445 on: March 03, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Terrible loss, but for everyone who thinks we should be fighting tooth and nail with banged-up players on the front end of a back-to-back to get a W over the nets with the 2nd/3rd seed almost guaranteed, not sure what you think we’ll get out of that. This was an epic meltdown and we can erase it tomorrow with a W. But count me in the camp who thinks that we would be better off 100% healthy with the 6-seed than 50% healthy and the 2-seed.... go .500 in this stretch, rest guys, I honestly don’t care. Playoffs seeding won’t matter if we’re banged up going in. Forget it.
Hey, you're using logic! Logic has no place on this game thread. More calling for heads on spikes!
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #446 on: March 03, 2020, 10:34:40 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Pathetic. “No Tatum” is no excuse. Even losing Hayward partway through isn’t a good reason.  Boston, without those two, had a 21-point lead in the third quarter and just plain blew it. Too many “empty calorie” minutes from end-of-the-bench guys, too many times the Cs got outhustled for rebounds and loose balls (where have I heard that recently?), and too many bad decisions. I was already disgusted with Boston’s fourth-quarter performance before they blew the entire lead; the awful overtime was just the icing on the cake. After a great road trip, the Celtics have totally slacked off these two games at home, and blowing what should’ve been a relatively easy win tonight is the type of thing that comes back to bite you.

And to top it off, Hayward and Brown got banged up (shocking).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #447 on: March 03, 2020, 10:35:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

You need defense and you sit Romeo 7 minutes and TIMELORD 10 minutes.... MAKES NO SENSE>>>>
Timelord's D was not particularly good tonight.

« Reply #448 on: March 03, 2020, 10:35:12 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672

R Williams was on a minutes restriction.  That decision comes from the doctors, not the coach.

I will not, however, defend the decision to play Edwards over Langford.  No idea why we chose to do that.

« Reply #449 on: March 03, 2020, 10:35:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

I understand that and agree, but why Romeo saw 7 minutes of time when he would've matched up well with LeVert I don't understand.