Author Topic: what's wrong with the training/medical staff  (Read 1886 times)

what's wrong with the training/medical staff
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:31:29 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I don't think the sullinger injury is their fault but they're either blatant liars or inept at diagnosing an injury...day to day with back spasms really?
Rondo was about ready to play on a torn acl in the Miami game completely oblivious.
When kg went down in 09 it was originally said he'd be out 2 weeks....he was out for the season. Not to mention the Shaq debacle.
What's their problem? Anyway we can trade them for Phoenix training staff? -_____-

Re: what's wrong with the training/medical staff
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Absolutely nothing.

BOS's just going through yet another spate of injuries.

Can't blame the medical staff for that.

This team just needs to circle the wagons and play through it, as tough as it seems.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Absolutely nothing.

This team just needs to circle the wagons and play through it, as tough as it seems.

Fair enough just seems like there is a track record developing here....the injuries may not be on them but they can't originally diagnose them correctly as far as I'm concerned

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Absolutely nothing.

Fair enough just seems like there is a track record developing here....the injuries may not be on them but they can't originally diagnose them correctly as far as I'm concerned

I have always felt it is less the medical staff and more the way the Celts communicate about the injuries. They might be better off acting like the Patriots and saying nothing about injuries.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:41:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
what they say to the media and what they say behind closed doors are two different things.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Absolutely nothing.

As frustrating as it seems, look at The Lakers.

They traded Drew for Dwight...and now it seems as if that was a bad move.

DH is just getting banged up, and just doesn't seem like himself since last yr.

ATL lost Lou W.

We aren't the only ones suffering. But it seems tougher, since we've seemingly been through this since 08-09.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Absolutely nothing.

I have always felt it is less the medical staff and more the way the Celts communicate about the injuries. They might be better off acting like the Patriots and saying nothing about injuries.

I agree with this....its some butchered attempt to be like the patriots because instead of saying nothing they lie until it comes out they're done for the year....the kg debacle was truly the worst

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Absolutely nothing.

I agree with this....its some butchered attempt to be like the patriots because instead of saying nothing they lie until it comes out they're done for the year....the kg debacle was truly the worst

I think the Shaq day-to-day debacle was as bad as the KG day-to-day debacle.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Absolutely nothing.

ATL lost Lou W.

We aren't the only ones suffering. But it seems tougher, since we've seemingly been through this since 08-09.

Lakers are able to diagnose the injury somewhat immediately...unless it comes out Dwight Howard has a broken shoulder from the Phoenix game and they originally diagnosed him day to day its not the same...I understand injuries happen and it may not be on the training staff but why as early as today was doc thinking sullinger could possibly play tonight? Did Jarrod get a second opinion and our medical staff really is just clueless?

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Absolutely nothing.

In retrospect, though - especially with KG's injury - I wouldn't have changed a thing.

"IF" Danny and Co knew that KG was in fact done for the yr, would the team have just tanked the rest of the season "mentally"...?

That "Hope" that your Top Dog is coming back can do wonders for a team.

That 08-09 team came within a Leon Powe injury of beating ORL and going on to play the Lakers that season.

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Ed Lacerte won accolades last year. Does that count for anything?

Dr Mckeon is one of the best in his field.

I can't believe that its doomsday here in CB.

We ride this season out. Color me very green but we still have KG and PP leading us.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Absolutely nothing.

In retrospect, though - especially with KG's injury - I wouldn't have changed a thing.

"IF" Danny and Co knew that KG was in fact done for the yr, would the team have just tanked the rest of the season "mentally"...?

That "Hope" that your Top Dog is coming back can do wonders for a team.

That 08-09 team came within a Leon Powe injury of beating ORL and going on to play the Lakers that season.

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

While I get your point on that season we still would've had to beat the Cavs had we ousted the magic...not sure it could've happened I think Orlando was a matchup nightmare for them that season...and had we made the finals against the Lakers we probably lose but in 2010 would've had the revenge factor which instead L.A. had..who knows!

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Ed Lacerte won accolades last year. Does that count for anything?

Dr Mckeon is one of the best in his field.

I can't believe that its doomsday here in CB.

We ride this season out. Color me very green but we still have KG and PP leading us.

We do, but we also have an overrated medical staff...just my opinion

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Absolutely nothing.

ATL lost Lou W.

This is true, but the difference is that for Boston it has happened every season. 

Leon Powe, KG, Marquis, Shaq, Perk, JO, Jeff Green, Wilcox, Rondo, Sully...it seems like every single season since the big era we have lost at least one player to season ending injuries.

I can't think of any other team that has been that unlucky.  Portland might come close, but many of their setbacks were to the same injury prone players (Oden, Roy). 

For us it's a different player every time, and it's not like it's always players with a high risk either.  You can argue KG, Shaq and JO were old, that Sully, Marquis were injury prone, that Perkins bangs alot under the rim...but how about Rondo, Jeff Green?  Both young guys with a good history of health, both lost for the season seemingly out of nowhere.

I swear this team is cursed!

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Absolutely nothing.

ATL lost Lou W.

This is true, but the difference is that for Boston it has happened every season. 

Leon Powe, KG, Marquis, Shaq, Perk, JO, Jeff Green, Wilcox, Rondo, Sully...it seems like every single season since the big era we have lost at least one player to season ending injuries.

I can't think of any other team that has been that unlucky.  Portland might come close, but many of their setbacks were to the same injury prone players (Oden, Roy). 

For us it's a different player every time, and it's not like it's always players with a high risk either.  You can argue KG, Shaq and JO were old, that Sully, Marquis were injury prone, that Perkins bangs alot under the rim...but how about Rondo, Jeff Green?  Both young guys with a good history of health, both lost for the season seemingly out of nowhere.

I swear this team is cursed!

At least we got a title in the first year of the era with no injuries! Could've been a dynasty though