Author Topic: Blow it up Danny!.....  (Read 17993 times)

Re: Blow it up Danny!.....
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2019, 09:58:15 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
i wouldnt be surprise to see Horford go back to Atlanta
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't think Kyrie and Tatum play well on the court.   When Tatum gets hot, guys on the team quit throwing him the ball.

If you’re name isn’t Kyrie, if you’re hot you will never get the ball anyway.
I don't think this is really true. Stevens benches whoever has the hot hand regardless of who it is, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

He said he wants to stay in his post-game press conference.  Maybe this changes but I'll take Al at his word.

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2019, 10:22:06 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think a core of Al, Smart, Hayward, Tatum and Brown would still be better than what they had this year.

If Kyrie walks and Rozier isn't brought back, Boston will certainly need to use one pick on a PG. They would also need to bring in some bench scoring. Don't know if that means trading picks for vets or what.

Will be interesting what the do with Morris. I would not mind him back if Kyrie stays or goes.

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

He said he wants to stay in his post-game press conference.  Maybe this changes but I'll take Al at his word.

Problem with Horford at the moment is the Contract. He is not worth what he is getting paid

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
nothing is getting blown up. we will retool. we have been rebuilding the last 5 years. you want to start from scratch again? that is not happening regardless how many times you or others post it.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
nothing is getting blown up. we will retool. we have been rebuilding the last 5 years. you want to start from scratch again? that is not happening regardless how many times you or others post it.

Agree that Celts will not start from scratch.

But it will be close to starting from scratch if the Celts lose Kyrie in FA, fail to trade for AD, and Horford leaves.

If all those 3 things happen, Celts will be left with Hayward as the lone All-Star on the roster.

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

But it will be close to starting from scratch if the Celts lose Kyrie in FA, fail to trade for AD, and Horford leaves.

If all those 3 things happen, Celts will be left with Hayward as the lone All-Star on the roster.

we will just have to go get the best other FA we can and/or trade for someone else!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2019, 12:53:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

We will be the Utah Jazz of the East, except worse because of Hayward's regression and ankle injury.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »

Offline Jamilmac99

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9

Horford leaving would not be a good thing. I don't know what kind of contract he currently demands but I don't think they can easily replace what he brings to the table. People say you can't build around only Davis (and I know that would be a very long shot to happen without Kyrie) but I still think you field a very formidable team with Horford, Davis, Smart, and either Jaylen or Tatum (assuming they'd be able to keep one).

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline Jamilmac99

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think a core of Al, Smart, Hayward, Tatum and Brown would still be better than what they had this year.

If Kyrie walks and Rozier isn't brought back, Boston will certainly need to use one pick on a PG. They would also need to bring in some bench scoring. Don't know if that means trading picks for vets or what.

Will be interesting what the do with Morris. I would not mind him back if Kyrie stays or goes.

After thinking about it more I think I would like Morris back but not sure he wants to be here.

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2019, 01:09:03 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

After thinking about it more I think I would like Morris back but not sure he wants to be here.

Yeah I’d take Morris back too. I blame the coaching staff for putting too much on his plate. He’s a fine role player who can get you buckets and provide energy. He’s not someone you should give enough minutes to take some of the most shots in a game.
- LilRip

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My perfect off-season:

1. Re-sign Kyrie to four year max;

2. Trade Tatum, Smart, signed draft picks, Williams and Yabu for Anthony Davis and E’Twaun Moore

3. Sign quality leaders and decent players with the vet minimum (Carter and Dudley);

4. Bring back Theis and Wanamaker;

5. Sign Patrick Beverley with the taxpayer MLE

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter
Kyrie / Beverley / Wanamaker

And to continue the dream, we can sign Faried to a minimum deal and Brad can properly utilize him, haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2019, 01:14:03 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Something that needs to stop, imo, are people who want Hayward to play point guard. He’s a SF who moves well off the ball and usually makes the right read/play.

Once we have less of a logjam at the wing, I hope C’s run more plays for him where he catches it inside the 3 point line and going to the basket, as opposed to giving it to him moving away from the basket. Let him create from there instead of asking him to initiate a play.
- LilRip

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2019, 01:17:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
My perfect off-season:

1. Re-sign Kyrie to four year max;

2. Trade Tatum, Smart, signed draft picks, Williams and Yabu for Anthony Davis and E’Twaun Moore

3. Sign quality leaders and decent players with the vet minimum (Carter and Dudley);

4. Bring back Theis and Wanamaker;

5. Sign Patrick Beverley with the taxpayer MLE

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter
Kyrie / Beverley / Wanamaker

And to continue the dream, we can sign Faried to a minimum deal and Brad can properly utilize him, haha.
This is my dream off-season too.

Clear offensive pecking order: AD - Kyrie - Hayward - Brown - Horford.
Lots of great defenders - AD, Horford, Brown, Beverley and Moore to a degree. Lots of heady leadership and experience. Far less concern with "getting mine".

If Brad could get that team right it's a ring
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)