Author Topic: Alexei Cherepanov... Very sad..  (Read 4481 times)

Alexei Cherepanov... Very sad..
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I understand this is way off topic but a sad sad story comes from out of the country today that Alexei Cherepanov has passed away while sitting on the bench after he had been taken out.. Very sad story only 19 a year older then me. I am not a hockey fan what so ever but still hits hard when anyone dies epically doing something he or she loves. Rip Alexei Cherepanov...   

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=txrangersprospectdies&prov=st&type=lgns

Re: Alexei Cherepanov... Very sad..
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
It is quite sad. 

It's one of those gut punching stories where you get done with it and say, holy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., life can be really short.  here is a kid who presumably is in excellent physical condition, playing a game he liked, only to die at the age of 19.  it's crazy. 

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That is a really sad story.  My thoughts and prayers goes to the family of this young boy.

I really don't know too much about hockey, let alone hockey prospects.  How good was this kid?  Is he one of those kids that was gonna be really good?  Another blow to NHL, but regardless of that stuff, I just hope that his family will be all right.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
That's terrible.

Hate hearing news like that. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Very sad indeed.
Rest in peace, young man.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 01:44:25 AM »

Offline noro

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
  • Welcome to the Loud House
That is a really sad story.  My thoughts and prayers goes to the family of this young boy.

I really don't know too much about hockey, let alone hockey prospects.  How good was this kid?  Is he one of those kids that was gonna be really good?  Another blow to NHL, but regardless of that stuff, I just hope that his family will be all right.

I believe that he was their first round pick last year, so he must be pretty good. It's very difficult and tragic, and the fact he had the heart attack on the bench during a game is just sickening to think of. As a hockey player, I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to see something like this happen. I have seen some terrible injuries throughout my years of hockey, and all of them had a significant impact on the psyche of a team. I feel this is extremely difficult for the team and wish them the best. RIP. My thoughts and prayers to his family.
2003 National Champions