Author Topic: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."  (Read 11590 times)

Re: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Doc Rivers hasn't ruled out "taking some time off" to resume his broadcasting career, before eventually returning as an NBA coach.

For the moment, talks about a potential deal freeing Doc to sign with the Clippers have stalled. The Celtics owe him $21 million over the next three seasons, which is a lot of cash to walk away from, but it remains a distinct possibility.
Source:

CSNNE.com

Trying to force the celtics to take the deal without bledsoe

Yup. I've come around on this. I think Doc and possibly KG want to leave. If I were Danny, I'd take the Jordan and draft pick offer and run.

The hell with Eric Bledsoe.

no way.  let rivers go to tv.  you don't need a 7 million dollar coach for this team anyway.  kg can play or retire.  jordan and a late first round pick is pointless.  barely assets.

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Doc Rivers hasn't ruled out "taking some time off" to resume his broadcasting career, before eventually returning as an NBA coach.

For the moment, talks about a potential deal freeing Doc to sign with the Clippers have stalled. The Celtics owe him $21 million over the next three seasons, which is a lot of cash to walk away from, but it remains a distinct possibility.
Source:

CSNNE.com

Yup. I've come around on this. I think Doc and possibly KG want to leave. If I were Danny, I'd take the Jordan and draft pick offer and run.

no way.  let rivers go to tv.  you don't need a 7 million dollar coach for this team anyway.  kg can play or retire.  jordan and a late first round pick is pointless.  barely assets.

So then if Doc does TV and KG retires, why not at least try to get something for them.

I think Jordan and a draft pick is better than either having a disgruntled KG/Doc that don't want to be here and/or losing them altogether.

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Source:

CSNNE.com

So then if Doc does TV and KG retires, why not at least try to get something for them.

I think Jordan and a draft pick is better than either having a disgruntled KG/Doc that don't want to be here and/or losing them altogether.

If you want to run a team, you can't let people force you into making moves. Ainge is going into rebuilding mode anyway, if the Clippers don't want to meet his price, he should let KG retire and Doc go to the broadcasting booth. No need to do the Clippers any favors.

Once you cave to pressure as a GM, you set a precedence and other GMs will look to get you to cave in future deals.

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Source:

CSNNE.com

If you want to run a team, you can't let people force you into making moves. Ainge is going into rebuilding mode anyway, if the Clippers don't want to meet his price, he should let KG retire and Doc go to the broadcasting booth. No need to do the Clippers any favors.

Once you cave to pressure as a GM, you set a precedence and other GMs will look to get you to cave in future deals.

Ding ding ding.... :)

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I hope they don't budge. It is a horrible deal for Boston

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Source:

CSNNE.com

Well said, def agree, cant act weak