Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Sixers (0-1) Game #3 10/20/17  (Read 38085 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Sixers (0-1) Game #3 10/20/17
« Reply #420 on: October 20, 2017, 09:34:26 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Ugly win but I'll take it.
Refs were awful and the ft shooting was hideous.

« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Philly is their own worst enemy sometimes.  Wth is embiid taking 6 threes, and jacking them up when the game was still to be decided?  I used to be really high on him, but it seems like his bbiq has taken a step back as his ego has gotten bigger.

Embiid looked awful playing like a pure jump shooter.  There was seriously like one time he went honestly into the post.  Joke.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #422 on: October 20, 2017, 09:34:35 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Philly is their own worst enemy sometimes.  Wth is embiid taking 6 threes, and jacking them up when the game was still to be decided?  I used to be really high on him, but it seems like his bbiq has taken a step back as his ego has gotten bigger.

Did anything come of that little shove thing he did to Baynes at the half or did he just get away with that?

I don't think the refs even thought about it twice.  I saw mentioned that too earlier in the thread, Baynes was a bit irked...

« Reply #423 on: October 20, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
What happened to Jaylen in the second half? He disappeared down the stretch.

Fatigue probably caught him up. Playing 3 games in 4 nights with that intensity takes a toll on his body.

« Reply #424 on: October 20, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
I'm just wondering out loud if Kyrie has enough pure point guard in him? 

He looked very comfortable as a two guard out there with Larkin.

That thought ran through my head as well but it’s just not fair to him with Hayward injury as well as whole new team. He’s being keyed on every time he gets in the paint.

He deserved at least 3 more assists if anyone could hit a shot.

« Reply #425 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The rebounding looks like it is much improved this year. 55-47 tonight and the Celtics had the 55!

« Reply #426 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'm still not impressed by Ben Simmons.

IMO they misuse him.  He's a secondary ball handler.  If they had a real PG running things and him playing off, he can do things.  He absolutely can not dribble the ball and run things like a PG.  Not remotely.  I hate how they do that with guys now.  You can just be a PF and be able to handle.  Worked for Barkley.

He can't shoot, though. So if you play him off the ball it destroys all spacing. 2 of their process "stars" are absolutely non-shooters and the other guy is an injury prone big who shoots way too many 3's. Embiid's act would get old quick. He could've dominated this game, but instead played like Brad Lohaus.

« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
What on earth happened to Fultz?

He was just concerned then of being pucked number 1 but he playing no where near that status...absolute garbage rightnow.. Im so freakin glad we got Tatum.

« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:16 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980

IMO they misuse him.  He's a secondary ball handler.  If they had a real PG running things and him playing off, he can do things.  He absolutely can not dribble the ball and run things like a PG.  Not remotely.  I hate how they do that with guys now.  You can just be a PF and be able to handle.  Worked for Barkley.

I agree with most of that.  I've said it in another thread, but he doesn't show any advanced moves, either with dribbling or footwork.  He has a predictable tendency to go left.  And of course there's the issue with his inability to shoot or make free throws.

« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

He can't shoot, though. So if you play him off the ball it destroys all spacing. 2 of their process "stars" are absolutely non-shooters and the other guy is an injury prone big who shoots way too many 3's. Embiid's act would get old quick. He could've dominated this game, but instead played like Brad Lohaus.

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:04 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

This is why I would not be so intent on playing them together all the time.  I think you can still get away with it.  He just can't run an offense at all so if you want to have him do one crossover and dribble into his man and kick it out to a guy being defended all day, well he can do that, as proven by this game.

LOL Embiid is a clown really.  He has such a big mouth and I probably give him a worse time too because I hate the hype for him when he really hasn't done remotely enough to prove it.  I like to be excited and all but it's crazy.  He was a lazy jump shooter tonight and it was awful looking.

« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2017, 09:39:05 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

He was just concerned then of being pucked number 1 but he playing no where near that status...absolute garbage rightnow.. Im so freakin glad we got Tatum.

The question about the guys mentality feels real. Watching his body language and how he conducts himself just doesn’t seem like the drive is all there.

« Reply #432 on: October 20, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980

The question about the guys mentality feels real. Watching his body language and how he conducts himself just doesn’t seem like the drive is all there.

Honestly I think this was one of the biggest factors in Ainge's decision to trade down from #1 to #3.  That or he just liked Tatum better all along.

« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Honestly I think this was one of the biggest factors in Ainge's decision to trade down from #1 to #3.  That or he just liked Tatum better all along.

There was rumblings about the mentality, but Ainge said he liked Tatum most outright.

« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Agreed. Let's see where the Lakers/Kings pick ends up, but I have a good feeling Ainge hit a homerun with Tatum and then will have another crack to go yard.