Author Topic: Woj: Atlanta Acquires NO's No. 4 Pick  (Read 6572 times)

Re: Woj: Atlanta Acquires NO's No. 4 Pick
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2019, 07:21:18 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Does this have any affect on when the Lakers deal goes down?  Would NO and Atlanta both have to agree to wait?

Yeah, now the trade will be official on the 6th, so that means it's going to be harder to clear max space for the Lakers third guy. Not impossible, but harder.

Stupid Lakers. LOL

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Does this have any affect on when the Lakers deal goes down?  Would NO and Atlanta both have to agree to wait?

http://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141845006942121984

Rob Pelinka and David Griffin, upon completion of Anthony Davis deal, had agreed that if a third team was looped into trade, teams would finalize on July 6. No third team wanted to wait until late July. Once Atlanta was brought in today, Pelinka was already on board.

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Insane

Andrew Lopez @_Andrew_Lopez 9m9 minutes ago

Anthony Davis has turned into:

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23
- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25

And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.
Woj posted the Pels also get the heavily protected Cavs 2020 1st.  It appears to be top 10 protected so I wonder if the Hawks added some protection.

You can't add protections to an already protected pick. I remember people saying we should with the sacto pick and many people saying you couldn't. Turns out it didn't need protections anyway. :(
Checked the cbafaq.  Pick protection can only be added but only to an unprotected pick. 

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 07:26:00 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Yeah, now the trade will be official on the 6th, so that means it's going to be harder to clear max space for the Lakers third guy. Not impossible, but harder.

Stupid Lakers. LOL

Saw this on RealGM.  Which is right?

Woj insinuated and you can put 2 and 2 together but basically Lakers are going to get max cap space with this Atlanta trade as the 3rd team. Most likely Wagner, and the 2 other scrubs will be a part of the deal to Atlanta

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Insane

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23

the crazy part is the Celtics had a competitive number of picks to offer as well

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I feel like Culver would be an awesome player to pair with Sexton in Cleveland.
Then Garland to the Suns.
Chance Ainge moves up for Coby White?

I’m not a Garland fan, but I think the Suns would trade out of that spot.  They want a veteran PG.

And it was literally announced seconds after I posted this.

Well color me impressed haha
#JKJB

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2019, 07:30:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Rob Pelinka and David Griffin, upon completion of Anthony Davis deal, had agreed that if a third team was looped into trade, teams would finalize on July 6. No third team wanted to wait until late July. Once Atlanta was brought in today, Pelinka was already on board.
Lakers' Magic/Pelinka management group are going to go down as perhaps the Lakers' worst front office ever. They royally pooched this trade. They gave away every single young player/draft asset other than Kuzma, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ASSET.

And then they forgot about empty roster slot cap holds and so messed up their ability to get max cap space for a free agent this year. Hell, they couldn't even get Davis to drop his trade kicker when Davis said the only place he would play was in LA.

Just complete incompetence. I have played against guys on this site in draft games that could have handled this trade better. Hell, I think I could have handled it better than those Bozos.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:39:19 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Insane

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23

the crazy part is the Celtics had a competitive number of picks to offer as well

And they didn't have to suck for multiple years to get that too. 

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton

Lakers' Magic/Pelinka management group are going to go down as perhaps the Lakers' worst front office ever. They royal pooched this trade. They gave away every single young player/draft asset other than Kuzma, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ASSET.

And then they forgot about empty roster slot cap holds and so messed up their ability to get max cap space for a free agent this year. Hell, they couldn't even get Davis to drop his trade kicker when Davis said the only place he would play was in LA.

Just complete incompetence. I have played against guys on this site in draft games that could have handled this trade better. Hell, I think I could have handled it better than those Bozos.

But doesn't this mean that part of the trade will be Atlanta getting the #4 pick (which will be from the Lakers) along with a few of those contracts they need to dump in order to get max cap space?

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Lakers' Magic/Pelinka management group are going to go down as perhaps the Lakers' worst front office ever. They royally pooched this trade. They gave away every single young player/draft asset other than Kuzma, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ASSET.

I mean they still got LeBron and Davis, two generational talent players on their team. Pretty attracting team, sadly.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2019, 07:52:21 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton

Lakers' Magic/Pelinka management group are going to go down as perhaps the Lakers' worst front office ever. They royal pooched this trade. They gave away every single young player/draft asset other than Kuzma, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ASSET.

But doesn't this mean that part of the trade will be Atlanta getting the #4 pick (which will be from the Lakers) along with a few of those contracts they need to dump in order to get max cap space?

Figured it out.  Trade will happen July 6th but it will be between Atlanta and LA.  Pelinka can include a couple of their scrubs and then they get max cap space.

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Where are all of the trades?

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2019, 08:35:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Prediction: Pels draft Hayes with 8th pick.

Nailed it!!

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Prediction: Pels draft Hayes with 8th pick.

Nailed it!!
Nice! He and Zion seem complementary
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2019, 06:29:15 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
NOP smashed the draft, Zion and Hayes is great, and Alexander-Walker is a good pick too

Hawks on the other hand... Do not like their picks at all