Author Topic: Smart to return to play April 27? ( Update: game 6 being targeted)  (Read 11512 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Apparently Abbie Chin announced this vs the Wizards? but I didn't see it posted here.

Edit: Game 6? http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23286736/boston-celtics-guard-marcus-smart-thumb-re-evaluated
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:16:15 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Smart to return to play April 27 (ECF)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:30:40 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Heard Ainge say on T&R Smart comes back not when he wants but when the Dr. decide.

Sounds like he wants to play now but not up to him.
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Apparently Abbie Chin announced this vs the Wizards? but I didn't see it posted here.

ECF is in 14 days? no way. It's April 13. Even if you only play 4 games in the first round in a sweep AND there are no two days off to travel that's 7 days alone.

He could be back in the first round if it goes longer than 4 games.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
I believe it has been reported that Marcus will be reevaluated next week But his earliest possible return is April 27th.  Not that he will return the 27th.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:27 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I don't have a citation, but I believe there was a report that he was expected to receive clearance on April 27. That does not mean he will return to game action at that time, but the team seemed happy with his latest evaluation.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Game 7 of the first round is 4/28 if necessary.   So Marcus probably plays Round 2 if the C's get there.   I have an expectation that Marcus will come out like a caged tiger.  Hand injury so probably training pretty hard to stay in shape. 

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 09:57:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
smart is the type of guy who would play in cast if he could

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Just in time for fishing!  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 10:08:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So I hate to be that guy, but what the Celtics will need as the playoffs get deeper, will be a guy that can create his own offense and be that offensive go to guy late in games. In other words, Kyrie Irving.

Really don't think Smart returning will help the Cs get that much farther into the playoffs than if he wasn't there. I think with or without him they get past Milwaukee and Philly. I see the Cs going to the ECF whether Smart is there or not and I don't see the Cs getting to the Finals whether Smart is there or not.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 08:35:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So I hate to be that guy, but what the Celtics will need as the playoffs get deeper, will be a guy that can create his own offense and be that offensive go to guy late in games. In other words, Kyrie Irving.

Really don't think Smart returning will help the Cs get that much farther into the playoffs than if he wasn't there. I think with or without him they get past Milwaukee and Philly. I see the Cs going to the ECF whether Smart is there or not and I don't see the Cs getting to the Finals whether Smart is there or not.
Kinda disagree, I think he makes a much bigger difference. With Smart they should make the ECF (where they lose due to absence of GH and KI). Without Smart they could lose in the 1st round.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 09:10:29 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
So is it by April 27th or the ECF?

Because the ECF won't be close to starting on April 27th.  Try mid May.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think he comes back, he will help us win a game or two.   His defense and the 50-50 plays will be critical in the playoffs.  His offense is often deplorable but he can create for others.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
So is it by April 27th or the ECF?

Because the ECF won't be close to starting on April 27th.  Try mid May.

They expect him to be cleared on April 27, I'm not sure if that means getting into games or just getting back to basketball activities.

Game 6 is scheduled for April 26, perhaps he could be ready to go by then.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Sure Kyrie return would fill a bigger need, but Smart return would be huge. His last return clearly got us out of our post London funk and playing great ball again, and lasted until he got hurt again. He brings an energy, swag and aggression that puts a stamp on our identity. I’d feel like we had a decent shot vs Philly if Smart was back, not so much without him. I bet his teammates feel similarly.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 04:06:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Sure Kyrie return would fill a bigger need, but Smart return would be huge. His last return clearly got us out of our post London funk and playing great ball again, and lasted until he got hurt again. He brings an energy, swag and aggression that puts a stamp on our identity. I’d feel like we had a decent shot vs Philly if Smart was back, not so much without him. I bet his teammates feel similarly.

Yeah, the difference between Smart and Larkin or Smart and Allen is huge.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008