Author Topic: Thinking of going to my first game  (Read 7372 times)

Thinking of going to my first game
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:06:12 AM »

Offline A_Dubbs

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hey all,

I haven't been to a basketball game since I was around 11 years old. I have never seen the Celtics play and figured I might as well see them before the big three get too old. Plus, I have the need to see sheed (yes I said it). Anyways, I konw nothing of tickets or seating. What is the view like from the Balcony? I don't want to shell out more money than the $46.50 balcony seats but I might if it's hard to see the action.

Re: Thinking of going to my first game
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »

Offline Hila

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
I've only been to a few games in the past few years, so others can probably give you a more comprehensive answer.

But my experiences sitting in the balcony have been great. There are definitely seats in the balcony where you get an excellent view. No problems seeing the action. I doubt there are any terrible seats, but I can't be sure about that.

Have a great time!

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I only sit in the balcony unless I get a gift for a lower level seating. I don't think there's a better seat in the house than first 3-4 rows in the balcony at mid court. But that's just me.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:19 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
My season tickets are in the balcony, and the view is great, as long as you don't get too high up.  You can see the plays unfold, and the the Jumbotron replays fill in the close-up stuff.

If price is an issue, the corner and end sections are cheaper than center court, and the view is fine.  I would take a lower row in those sections over a higher row in the center sections. For the money, you get a better experience.

I'll say this for the Garden, though.  Unlike the original Garden, there are no bad seats.  Only good seats, better seats and great seats.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:17 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
My season tickets are in the balcony, and the view is great, as long as you don't get too high up.  You can see the plays unfold, and the the Jumbotron replays fill in the close-up stuff.

If price is an issue, the corner and end sections are cheaper than center court, and the view is fine.  I would take a lower row in those sections over a higher row in the center sections. For the money, you get a better experience.

I'll say this for the Garden, though.  Unlike the original Garden, there are no bad seats.  Only good seats, better seats and great seats.

This is absolutely true. I've had seats ranging from 3 rows from the vistor's bench to the last row of the balcony and private suites. I've never had a bad experience (except the opening night loss in '06 and Game 4 of the '03 conference semis).

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

I'll say this for the Garden, though.  Unlike the original Garden, there are no bad seats.  Only good seats, better seats and great seats.

This is absolutely true. I've had seats ranging from 3 rows from the vistor's bench to the last row of the balcony and private suites. I've never had a bad experience (except the opening night loss in '06 and Game 4 of the '03 conference semis).

Agree completely!  Even the $10 seats aren't too bad.  Obviously there are benefits to spending some more $$ on better seats (quicker exit after games, better view, etc.) but even with the cheapest seats it's a great time.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:10 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
You definitely get to see better if you are in the middle in the balcony. I have sat on the end in the loge before and there is a really big blind spot due to the hoop blocking the view. Plus it isn't that great when they are down at the other end of the court.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
if you can get anywhere from the corners in towards the center its a good seat, although front row in the balcony is an excellent seat.

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Good choice.
I've been to one Celtics game ever, and it was an unforgettable experience, even though sadly it was a loss.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 03:55:11 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Hey all,

I haven't been to a basketball game since I was around 11 years old. I have never seen the Celtics play and figured I might as well see them before the big three get too old. Plus, I have the need to see sheed (yes I said it). Anyways, I konw nothing of tickets or seating. What is the view like from the Balcony? I don't want to shell out more money than the $46.50 balcony seats but I might if it's hard to see the action.

I've only been to a few games in the past few years, so others can probably give you a more comprehensive answer.

But my experiences sitting in the balcony have been great. There are definitely seats in the balcony where you get an excellent view. No problems seeing the action. I doubt there are any terrible seats, but I can't be sure about that.

Have a great time!

Now you both have a Tommy Point  :)

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 05:02:47 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think the balcony seats are awesome. I have sat in the worst of the worst of them (which isn't really bad) and it's always an unreal experience.