0 (0%)
Rozier + DPE guy for Nikola Mirotic
0 (0%)
Rozier for Portis
5 (11.9%)
I would do none of these trades.
17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Trade ideas : Terry Rozier  (Read 6009 times)

Trade ideas : Terry Rozier
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:51:22 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I was thinking about possible trade targets if we were to trade Rozier. So here is what I came up with.

- Rozier + Yabu for Jonathon Simmons (not the best fit next to Smart, but still, a great role player on a bargain contract till 2020)

- Rozier + Yabu + Nader for Bogdan Bogdanovic

- Rozier + Yabu + Nader for JaMychal Green (in case the Grizzlies decide to blow it up - cannot be traded until January 14)

- Roy's idea : Rozier for Barea. Personally speaking, I wouldn't do it. Barea is at his best when he is the primary ball handler. The same goes for Smart. I don't like the fit. 

- Rozier + minor asset(if needed) for Willy Hernangomez. Again, I don't like the fit but that's just me. Hernangomez is a promising prospect, that's for sure.

- Rozier for Cedi Osman (One more year of cost control. Not sure whether I would do it though. Probably not.)

- Nikola Mirotic : we trade for a guy using our DPE, we then trade that guy + Rozier for Mirotic at the deadline

- Bobby Portis. Any love for Portis around here? I remember many posters wanted the C's to trade Rozier straight up for him. Imo it ain't worth it (at least not any more). Just putting ideas out there for discussion.

Do you guys like any of these trades?

Feel free to post your own ideas (not necessarily involving Rozier).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:56:57 PM by Jvalin »

Re: Trade ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
You really want to trade Rozier!

I don't like any of the trades because none of what we could get back is really enough warrant the mid-season disruption of sending out a rotation player and bringing in a new piece that would need to be assimilated.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Bad trades

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:40:42 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. I like the targets you have in these options, but I think our guys (other than Nader) have much higher upside than anyone else on that list.

I like Simmons, Bogdanovic, Mirotic, and Green. All those guys could be rotation guys for us, but we're aren't trading guys at the same point in their careers. We are trading guys on the upswing for players with no more upside.

I'd rather take my chances with Rozier and Yabusele.

Re: Trade ideas : Terry Rozier
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 06:47:25 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I like Rozier a LOT.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 07:04:36 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Terry is hear to stay simply because Smart is not a lock to be on the team next year.   

KI
Brown
Tatum
AL
Hayward
Run it back 2018

Smart/Baynes/Morris/TROZ  (great bench)

The rest of the gang is trade bait if it improves the team.. 
Diggles

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 07:11:51 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
IMHO Terry Rozier is already better then everybody that is listed in that poll, and his upside is so impressive. 

Every time he's been given significant minutes this year (when Smart has had foul trouble, etc) he has excelled.  He has the potential to be a fringe All-Star in the future if given the right opportunity on the right team.  These trades all sell him short.

I wouldn't be entirely against trading him, simply because his talents are being wasted here right now and I feel he deserves a better opportunity - but I'd want more in return the what's listed here.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
No reason to make any trade involving Roz. Just no need.

If somehow Danny finds himself in a he thick of some crazy trade talk that brings back either multiple assets or a key playoff piece or both, sure. Like, Rozier + Morris or whatever as a package to upgrade the playoff roster.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 08:22:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 08:41:21 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Not crazy about the options available.

There could be a trade Nader thread. Options:  bag of pretzels, funions, pork rinds, ketchup chips (with and without ridges), or package with a second rounder for pita chips or pringles. I'd take any of those.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 10:45:01 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Honest question : Apart from his on-ball defense (which is good but not spectacular), what exactly does Terry Rozier bring to this team?

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Honest question : Apart from his on-ball defense (which is good but not spectacular), what exactly does Terry Rozier bring to this team?
so if you admit he has little value, why would another team offer anything worthwhile for him?

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Excellent rebounding and low TOs for a guard and a very solid spot-up 3-point shooter.

Rozier is a SG, not a PG. When Stevens finally realizes this, he could look a lot more like Avery Bradley and a lot less like a dude who dribbles the ball off his knee.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow...opinions varying from Rozier being All-Star quality and almost untouchable to worth very little. I think the answer lies somewhere in between.

The only player I like more than Rozier of the players mentioned is JaMychal Green. I think he would be a great addition to this team. But it would almost have to mean signing Smart no matter what, which I am not keen on. I like having Rozier around in case Smart prices himself out of our being able to resign him
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:10:31 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 11:08:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Terry is hear to stay simply because Smart is not a lock to be on the team next year. 

KI
Brown
Tatum
AL
Hayward
Run it back 2018

Smart/Baynes/Morris/TROZ  (great bench)

The rest of the gang is trade bait if it improves the team.. 
probably the single biggest factor in keeping Rozier.