Author Topic: Paul Pierce agrees to 2-year, Mid-Level deal with the Washington Wizards  (Read 16476 times)

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm surprised but Washington's a good team, with the potential to be better than last year from Beal and Wall simply improving.  I like the fit for him.  Beal, Wall, Gortat and Nene are all unselfish and good passers.  He's going to be able to play off them and vice versa. 

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Well this easily takes home my most surprising off season free agent signing award.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Huh???  Were the Nets not willing to match or top the MLE?
maybe pierce wants to win

If it's about winning, I think he would have signed somewhere else.

That Wizards team has a nice future. Probably the best back court in the league next year.

Future. Exactly. But they aren't a contender right now. Pierce has 2 years left, and the Wiz are about 3 years away.

Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Wow. I'm shocked at this. I can't believe he chose the Wizards for the MLE over someone like the Clippers.

Become Legendary.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Must mean kg is retiring.  :'(

Can't see pierce leaving if kg was coming back.

That's what I would think as well.  Either way, I just want to say, "come home," to both of them.  We love you.  We miss you. It's just not the same here without you. :)  Imho, he should have retired, if KG is going to, or at least stay with the Nets or sign with us :)  This just doesn't feel right.  Maybe he couldn't stand Deron Williams, haha.  Can he get along with anyone?  Seriously, let's field a team of all of these team/coach killers -

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Evan Turner
SF - Carmelo Anthony

Who's up next?  I can't think anyone else to round out that starting five at the minute, haha.  Dwight Howard, possibly?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:29:07 AM by Beat LA »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
That Cavs-Wizards rivalry is going to be very intense one this season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

That Wizards team has a nice future. Probably the best back court in the league next year.

Future. Exactly. But they aren't a contender right now. Pierce has 2 years left, and the Wiz are about 3 years away.

The East will be as wide open as it's been in 4 years next season. Pierce probably doesn't want to come off the bench therefore his options are limited.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
That Cavs-Wizards rivalry is going to be very intense one this season.

Pierce getting one final jab at Lebron? Haha, the rivalry never ends.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Pierce doesn't have a nice future.  He only has a couple good years left...He should've signed the MLE with a contender. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
With Webster out (indefinitely?) and Otto Porter being green, Pierce gets a starting gig and MLE money with a meaningful team. Great fit for him.

Washington looks to win their division next season, with Miami on the wane.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

The East will be as wide open as it's been in 4 years next season. Pierce probably doesn't want to come off the bench therefore his options are limited.

If he's starting, then that doesn't say much for the team.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This feels very weird. Although he will help that Wiz lineup tremendously.

But, man, KG has just been left behind.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Wow. I'm shocked at this. I can't believe he chose the Wizards for the MLE over someone like the Clippers.

Probably because he wants to have a chance to get to the Finals. West is a bloodbath, and East is wide open right now; Wiz were only two games away from the ECF last season.

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50

Pierce doesn't have a nice future.  He only has a couple good years left...He should've signed the MLE with a contender.
wizards in the east have a legit shot at winning the east now with the heat dismantled and the cavs where they are. youre telling me its not wide open in the east right now? this was a basketball decision for a ring. you can win the east with a decent team, you dont need a great team to be an east  contender

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Who? Are we even sure a contender wanted him for that price and gig.