Author Topic: Celtics (32-23) at Jazz (26-27) Game #56 2/19/16  (Read 33112 times)

Re: Celtics (32-23) at Jazz (26-27) Game #56 2/19/16
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2016, 12:53:10 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
In the post game interview with Brad Stevens, he said the guys who were in the last 3 minutes played the right way, and the guys in for the first 45 did not.

Does he think someone else is responsible for who was playing the first 45 minutes?

Mike

The answer to our problems is KO

KO would have helped but he couldn't have single-handedly fixed that terrible defensive performance.

No team plays great every night.  The Warriors just got smoked by the Blazers.  This team more than most, however, is prone to really bad efforts against bad teams. 

Mike

problem is that utah isnt a bad team tho...

« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
In the post game interview with Brad Stevens, he said the guys who were in the last 3 minutes played the right way, and the guys in for the first 45 did not.

Does he think someone else is responsible for who was playing the first 45 minutes?

Mike

KO would have helped but he couldn't have single-handedly fixed that terrible defensive performance.

No team plays great every night.  The Warriors just got smoked by the Blazers.  This team more than most, however, is prone to really bad efforts against bad teams. 

Mike

Yep. Utah won 7 in a row prior to the all star break.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I don't think the loss meant much other than the majority of the team was still in extended All Star Break Mode.  I think they were subconsciously satisfied with their first half accomplishments and just didn't get focused.  Maybe a couple of guys relaxed after realizing they wouldn't be dealt.   

Their team D sucked.  It's been a while since it was as bad as last night.

It may take them a couple of games to get their defensive mindset back but hopefully they do better in Denver.

« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

Mike

Utah is 26th in the league in scoring and we gave up 111.  They could have lost to anybody last night.

Mike

« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Mike

Mike

Utah is 26th in the league in scoring and we gave up 111.  They could have lost to anybody last night.

Mike

I agree.  But in general felt like Utah just shot as well as they will all season and we happened to be the victim.  It happens.  I don't think we played well though, a lot of guys didn't look like themselves and Olynyk was missed big time.  He makes a big difference on the court just creating space alone.  That makes the difference against a team like Utah.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Mike

Mike

Mike

I agree.  But in general felt like Utah just shot as well as they will all season and we happened to be the victim.  It happens.  I don't think we played well though, a lot of guys didn't look like themselves and Olynyk was missed big time.  He makes a big difference on the court just creating space alone.  That makes the difference against a team like Utah.
That's right. A guy his size just needs to be fundamentally sound on defense which he is. Though not an outstanding defender, he would have helped last night. Zeller and Jerebko were overmatched.

« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2016, 05:41:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why did we make Heyward look like the second coming of Michael Jordan.