Author Topic: Micheal Beasley cited for Marijuana again ( I guess David Kahn was right )  (Read 7756 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214606/Beasley_Cited_For_Marijuana_Possession
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was cited for marijuana possession and speeding in Minnetonka, Minnesota last week.

Beasley was pulled over on June 26 for speeding around 3 a.m. on Interstate 394 and Carlson Parkway. He was clocked at 84 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Police also found 16.2 grams of marijuana in Beasley's vehicle.

Look what kahn said just last year proving his brilliance once again ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5404989
In an interview with 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, Kahn said the recently acquired Beasley used "too much marijuana" in the past but Minnesota's new power forward is maturing and was worth acquiring from Miami despite his off-court issues.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said in the interview, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

It's hilarious how David Kahn thought he was gonna change, look at the dude he has stoner written all over him .

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214606/Beasley_Cited_For_Marijuana_Possession
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was cited for marijuana possession and speeding in Minnetonka, Minnesota last week.

Beasley was pulled over on June 26 for speeding around 3 a.m. on Interstate 394 and Carlson Parkway. He was clocked at 84 mph in a 65 mph zone.

In an interview with 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, Kahn said the recently acquired Beasley used "too much marijuana" in the past but Minnesota's new power forward is maturing and was worth acquiring from Miami despite his off-court issues.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said in the interview, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

It's hilarious how David Kahn thought he was gonna change, look at the dude he has stoner written all over him .

I'm sensing a lot of unrelenting judgment here.  Perhaps Beasley is a pot-head (though none of us know the details -- for all we know, it really was his friend's), but that doesn't mean he's a bad person, or deserving of ridicule.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I'm sensing a lot of unrelenting judgment here.  Perhaps Beasley is a pot-head (though none of us know the details -- for all we know, it really was his friend's), but that doesn't mean he's a bad person, or deserving of ridicule.

trust me i enjoy the healing of the nation myself , but beasley's eyes look like he's half asleep all the time . Doesn't make him a bad person, just funny that Kahn looks foolish all the time . That was more of my point

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
He was rebelling due to the strike.  ;D ;D. Hey The Chief STILL smokes weed and he was one of our best centers ever!

Kahn is a joke however.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
With the strike on, are league policies re: drugs/conduct still enforceable?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
KAHHHHHHHHHHHN

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Haha, Kahn is the one getting (and deserving of) the ridicule here for what he publicly said about Beasley when acquiring him last summer.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

I'm sensing a lot of unrelenting judgment here.  Perhaps Beasley is a pot-head (though none of us know the details -- for all we know, it really was his friend's), but that doesn't mean he's a bad person, or deserving of ridicule.

trust me i enjoy the healing of the nation myself , but beasley's eyes look like he's half asleep all the time . Doesn't make him a bad person, just funny that Kahn looks foolish all the time . That was more of my point

Eh, I don't see the need to ridicule Kahn for this.  Last summer, Kahn was just trying his best to say something stern yet supportive of Beasley, to send the right message to him through the media.  Kahn has done plenty of eyebrow-raising things, but this is a non-story to me.

As for Beasley's eyes, they aren't much different from Marquis's eyes, and from what I recall most people around here loved the guy.

- Doc Rivers

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I'm sensing a lot of unrelenting judgment here.  Perhaps Beasley is a pot-head (though none of us know the details -- for all we know, it really was his friend's), but that doesn't mean he's a bad person, or deserving of ridicule.

Eh, I don't see the need to ridicule Kahn for this.  Last summer, Kahn was just trying his best to say something stern yet supportive of Beasley, to send the right message to him through the media.  Kahn has done plenty of eyebrow-raising things, but this is a non-story to me.

As for Beasley's eyes, they aren't much different from Marquis's eyes, and from what I recall most people around here loved the guy.

Saying that a player used to smoke too much pot is supportive??? No GM ever needs to let the public know that his player has admitted to smoking too much pot. He threw Beasley under the bus there and now has brought more attention to this incident because of that comment last summer.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
The bigger story is what this will mean for Beasley, basketball-wise. Kahn said he would trust Beasley as long as he really did quit smoking... And that apparently is not the case. Another incident like this will undoubtedly hurt his trade value as well

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Can they trade him now?

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
why would Kahn get ridiculed for this? he supported his player, whats he supposed to do.
Beasley let him down, that sucks

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
If it walks like a duck and it smokes pot like a duck...

Side note, under $200 dollars for possession? That's not a lot of weed, it probably was his friend's.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Eh, I don't see the need to ridicule Kahn for this.  Last summer, Kahn was just trying his best to say something stern yet supportive of Beasley, to send the right message to him through the media.  Kahn has done plenty of eyebrow-raising things, but this is a non-story to me.

Saying that a player used to smoke too much pot is supportive??? No GM ever needs to let the public know that his player has admitted to smoking too much pot. He threw Beasley under the bus there and now has brought more attention to this incident because of that comment last summer.

As I said, he was sending a mixed message to Beasley --

1. The organization is aware of his past off-court issues with pot etc. and isn't going to ignore the issue or be overly nice about it (e.g. they'll openly mention it in interviews)

2. The organization supports him and is behind him; they believe he will improve his behavior and not get into further trouble.

- Doc Rivers

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
If it walks like a duck and it smokes pot like a duck...

Side note, under $200 dollars for possession? That's not a lot of weed, it probably was his friend's.

u know ...

I am sure they didnt count the inside part.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!