Author Topic: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24  (Read 10371 times)

Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Reply #615 on: Today at 12:14:15 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
What bothers me as much as anything is the lack of push-back when there is a confrontation on the court.

Scooby mentioned a couple,
Draymond Green during finals taunting Tatum with no response.
Draymond Green during finals walking into the middle of our huddle during a timeout.
"Oh well, that's just Dray, he always like that, he cool." Of course, Cedric Maxwell was the only Celtic to come back on Green.
Maybe the worst Celtic villain since John Y. Brown, Kyrie Irving, walks around the Boston Garden blowing incense to "purify" the place.
Then after the game and a win over the Celts, Irving makes a special trip back out to the center circle to step on our hallowed logo, designed by Red's brother, no less to show his disdain for the franchise he damaged.
Caleb Martin makes what should have been called a flagrant, dirty foul knocking Tatum down hard and somehow Jayson thinks acting cool about it is the best way to handle it. "They'll know better next time, I'll really be non-chalant then. I might even just run back on defense to show how little I care".
All three of these opponents should have been knocked on their ass at some point by a Celtics player.

Can you imagine .......... how Garnett, Posey, Bird, Max, DJ, Cowens, Silas, Russell, Satch, Heinhson would have responded ?

Garnett would have whooped the other team and take 'em to the dumpster fire. Remember him nailing Zaza Pachulia during that Hawks/Celtics 2008 playoff series? Set that hard pick and yanked Zaza out. Those two kept going at each other in that series.

The Jays, the Kristaps, the Holidays, the Whites they all missing that Celtic culture. They need a little franchise history lesson.
These players don't care as they are more concerned on their individual brand then the front of their jerseys. At least KG lived the Celtics way when he was here. These kids are just players who wore Celtic jerseys. They doesn't scream "Celtic pride". Smart was the last player I can relate with it.

« Reply #616 on: Today at 12:25:29 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
What bothers me as much as anything is the lack of push-back when there is a confrontation on the court.

Scooby mentioned a couple,
Draymond Green during finals taunting Tatum with no response.
Draymond Green during finals walking into the middle of our huddle during a timeout.
"Oh well, that's just Dray, he always like that, he cool." Of course, Cedric Maxwell was the only Celtic to come back on Green.
Maybe the worst Celtic villain since John Y. Brown, Kyrie Irving, walks around the Boston Garden blowing incense to "purify" the place.
Then after the game and a win over the Celts, Irving makes a special trip back out to the center circle to step on our hallowed logo, designed by Red's brother, no less to show his disdain for the franchise he damaged.
Caleb Martin makes what should have been called a flagrant, dirty foul knocking Tatum down hard and somehow Jayson thinks acting cool about it is the best way to handle it. "They'll know better next time, I'll really be non-chalant then. I might even just run back on defense to show how little I care".
All three of these opponents should have been knocked on their ass at some point by a Celtics player.

Can you imagine .......... how Garnett, Posey, Bird, Max, DJ, Cowens, Silas, Russell, Satch, Heinhson would have responded ?

Garnett would have whooped the other team and take 'em to the dumpster fire. Remember him nailing Zaza Pachulia during that Hawks/Celtics 2008 playoff series? Set that hard pick and yanked Zaza out. Those two kept going at each other in that series.

The Jays, the Kristaps, the Holidays, the Whites they all missing that Celtic culture. They need a little franchise history lesson.
These players don't care as they are more concerned on their individual brand then the front of their jerseys. At least KG lived the Celtics way when he was here. These kids are just players who wore Celtic jerseys. They doesn't scream "Celtic pride". Smart was the last player I can relate with it.

Yup. This was the mental and physical toughness that we all missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFRnOAcG-0&t=64s - KG/Zaza scuffle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99aL8j4yyc - KG decked Zaza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrJQREnRkMI - KG elbowing Q-Rich by the sideline (ironically, Heat/Celtics playoff game)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #617 on: Today at 01:04:28 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Really interesting Sparz - that last clip vs Miami was game 1 opening round and the Celts had been playing ok thru the second half of the season and were losing this game and looking actually a little flat. Most will not remember this, but that skirmish when the Celtic team went over to help their teammate, Pierce, lit a fire under that team that, no joke, I think fueled their run to the finals that year 2010, a second title to be for Garnett's team until we got screwed after dirty plays by the Lakers injured first Ray Allen and then of course, Perk in game 6. The final insult that series was, of course, the ludicrous 4th quarter of game 7 when LA shot 24 FT's to our 6 FT's. Never have gotten over that loss.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #618 on: Today at 01:50:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Really interesting Sparz - that last clip vs Miami was game 1 opening round and the Celts had been playing ok thru the second half of the season and were losing this game and looking actually a little flat. Most will not remember this, but that skirmish when the Celtic team went over to help their teammate, Pierce, lit a fire under that team that, no joke, I think fueled their run to the finals that year 2010, a second title to be for Garnett's team until we got screwed after dirty plays by the Lakers injured first Ray Allen and then of course, Perk in game 6. The final insult that series was, of course, the ludicrous 4th quarter of game 7 when LA shot 24 FT's to our 6 FT's. Never have gotten over that loss.

And also health fueled our run that year. We rested players and tried remaining healthy while taking the #4 seed. After that skirmish, KG got suspended in Game 2 and C's just pummeled the Heat.

Hated those cheap shots by the Lakers. We should've won it in Game 7 thanks to the refs rigging it in the 4th quarter.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)