Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 958588 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3405 on: June 13, 2022, 11:06:34 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Saw Dead Man Walking (1996) for the first time. Excellent and thought provoking movie about a murderer on death row. The acting from Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon was really top notch. Highly recommend.

« Reply #3406 on: June 13, 2022, 07:12:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hustle - good movie with strong soundtrack, lots of cameos, somewhat realistic of getting into the NBA (the situations I thought were realistic but how they got there maybe ehhh). Adam Sandler does a good job in the movie, Juan is okay, Edwards was natural and all around, good sports movie.

Northman - that movie was pretty terrible. I thought the action scenes were good and the plot was okay, but the movie was way too out there with their beliefs system and very slow. If they stuck with the historic component (including the graphic parts) and moved with that, it'd be okay but the other stuff just dragged the movie so much.
What exactly do you mean by this? The movie was very accurate with its depictions of what that culture was like. Several well-renowned historians consulted the director.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3407 on: June 13, 2022, 07:16:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hustle - good movie with strong soundtrack, lots of cameos, somewhat realistic of getting into the NBA (the situations I thought were realistic but how they got there maybe ehhh). Adam Sandler does a good job in the movie, Juan is okay, Edwards was natural and all around, good sports movie.

Northman - that movie was pretty terrible. I thought the action scenes were good and the plot was okay, but the movie was way too out there with their beliefs system and very slow. If they stuck with the historic component (including the graphic parts) and moved with that, it'd be okay but the other stuff just dragged the movie so much.
What exactly do you mean by this? The movie was very accurate with its depictions of what that culture was like. Several well-renowned historians consulted the director.

Maybe some of the mythic visions in a movie otherwise grounded in realism?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3408 on: June 13, 2022, 07:23:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I thought The Last Kingdom on Netflix and Vikings on Peacock did it way better. The movie was beyond boring for 75% of it. Maybe more than 75%

« Reply #3409 on: June 13, 2022, 07:45:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's Eggers' schtick, really. The surreal experiences are portrayed as real because the characters believe them to be so. Similar in The VVitch and The Lighthouse.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3410 on: June 19, 2022, 02:59:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Lightyear.  It’s decent, but not memorable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3411 on: June 19, 2022, 03:30:13 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Just finish Ozark..really like it and like how it ended..some ppl didn’t  but I put it in my top 20 series I ever watched
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3412 on: June 19, 2022, 06:31:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jurassic World Dominion. Suspend your belief in logic and it's a pretty decent movie. Maybe 4th best Jurassic movie as I thought it better that JP2 and JW2.

But my word the logic failures in this movie were pretty ridiculous.

Best line was when Ian(Jeff Goldblum) said: "Yeah, I never liked Jurassic World". Nice fan service with that line.

« Reply #3413 on: June 19, 2022, 08:23:54 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Just finish Ozark..really like it and like how it ended..some ppl didn’t  but I put it in my top 20 series I ever watched
I didn't really understand the ending...Jonah shooting the cop?? Can someone please explain it to me?

« Reply #3414 on: June 19, 2022, 08:33:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I didn't really understand the ending...Jonah shooting the cop?? Can someone please explain it to me?

That's pretty much it.  The Byrds have survived, but at what cost?  They're still under the thumb of the cartel, and their kids have gone down the same dark path they have.  Meanwhile, nobody gets a happy ending.

« Reply #3415 on: June 19, 2022, 10:28:45 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

« Reply #3416 on: June 20, 2022, 07:45:30 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
My wife loves movies, so we watch a lot, therefore, I don't post here every time I watch one, otherwise I'd probably have a star just from posting about movies on this thread.

That said, I did watch Jerry and Marge Go Large over the weekend.  Based on a true story, thought they did a good job with it.  It's one to check out for sure.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 08:29:25 AM by boscel33 »
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #3417 on: June 20, 2022, 08:52:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Yes he did cause the PI found Ben’s ashes and going to tell
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3418 on: June 20, 2022, 09:22:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, it might be my favorite Netflix series ever. The setting, mood, acting. I just loved it. No problem with the ending.

« Reply #3419 on: August 06, 2022, 06:17:06 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Just watched The Bikes of Wrath on Amazon Prime.

Definitely worth watching. Couldn’t help but think as I was watching — whether their experience would be different if they did it today  (2022) rather than 2016.  Also what if they were black, Mexican, Muslim… or women, would they have been treated the same?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:07:04 PM by Neurotic Guy »