Author Topic: Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby  (Read 8686 times)

Re: Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2023, 11:40:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
OG is too rich for our blood.
Unlike Kawhi?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2023, 11:52:03 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Smart for Anunoby works. Maybe add some other pieces or picks. I think I would do it.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 11:54:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Smart for Anunoby works. Maybe add some other pieces or picks. I think I would do it.
I wouldn't do that. Smart is too valuable to our offence with his passing under Joe

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2023, 12:27:55 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Unlike Kawhi?

Giving up JB for OG would be bananas. Giving up JB for Kawhi is something we should do if we can do it, and something we should have done nearly five years ago now.

I meant OG is too rich for our blood in the sense we would have to give up one of our top paid guys and messing around with our top eight is not a good idea while we’re on top of the league at the all-star break. Unless The Klaw, of course.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 12:40:35 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2023, 12:31:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Unlike Kawhi?

Giving up JB for OG would be bananas. Giving up JB for Kawhi in the off-season if we think JB will walk would be brilliant.

I meant OG is too rich for our blood in the sense we would have to give up one of our top paid guys and messing around with our top eight is not a good idea while we’re on top of the league at the all-star break.
None of this has stopped you before when you've proposed more lateral moves than acquiring OG for role players

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2023, 12:37:55 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Unlike Kawhi?

Giving up JB for OG would be bananas. Giving up JB for Kawhi in the off-season if we think JB will walk would be brilliant.

I meant OG is too rich for our blood in the sense we would have to give up one of our top paid guys and messing around with our top eight is not a good idea while we’re on top of the league at the all-star break.
None of this has stopped you before when you've proposed more lateral moves than acquiring OG for role players

We can’t send out Brogdon or D-White for OG, which is kind of forced given what OG costs. Those guys are jiving too well, and Marcus is injury-prone.

OG is not the original gangsta, the one active basketball god that I would do anything to see don the Celtic green ASAP.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2023, 08:04:33 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
You offer Pritchard, Grant, Gallo and 2 1st rounders without batting an eye.

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2023, 08:32:15 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I would probably do it, because I think that takes us from contender to title favorite. Smart-J-J-OG-Rob to close would be the best defense in the league. Also means Memphis and NO can’t grab him. But it would hurt a little, because that’s an overpay for OG and it means we’ve used up our trade assets for the  next couple years.

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2023, 08:51:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like him as a player and he would be a good fit, I would also ask about Saddiq Bey from the Pistons.   Either of them would help our wing depth and maybe a little PF here and there albeit smaller one.

I think this team needs to take a hard look at their ability to retain Grant or deal him if they think they cannot.   He has worked his tail off to improve, fits well in the locker room and is a valued rotational player.

Giving Tatum some rest is vital.   I think Bey might be the cheaper option.

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2023, 08:55:01 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I would probably do it, because I think that takes us from contender to title favorite. Smart-J-J-OG-Rob to close would be the best defense in the league. Also means Memphis and NO can’t grab him. But it would hurt a little, because that’s an overpay for OG and it means we’ve used up our trade assets for the  next couple years.
An overpay? Think other teams can easily beat an offer of an 7th man, a 12th man, and a couple of first round picks. Would be dancing naked in the street if Toronto accepted that offer.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2023, 09:12:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

An overpay? Think other teams can easily beat an offer of an 7th man, a 12th man, and a couple of first round picks. Would be dancing naked in the street if Toronto accepted that offer.
OG isn't that good.  Toronto is 7 games below .500 and he is the 4th or 5th best player on that team (Siakam, Barnes, VanVleet all clearly better then you have Trent).  He is a fine player.  A nice upgrade on Grant, but he isn't that much of an upgrade given Grant is a better shooter which often has more use in the role available on this team.  Grant is also a better rebounder. 

I'd be fine trading Gallo, Grant, and Pritchard for OG, but 2 1st's on top of that is a big time overpay and basically eliminates Boston from any draft pick trades for years (since we'd have to trade 25 and 27 or 26 and 28).  OG isn't worth that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2023, 10:09:12 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Yeah, I haven’t watched OG enough to have a firm opinion, but his rep is elite defender able to guard 1-5, and in our games against Toronto I think I see that. Adding him to our existing team puts 5 long, switchable, plus athletes on the floor at the same time. That context might mean he’s worth more to us than he would somewhere else - no weak spots at all in that defense. On offense I’m less sure. He’s good enough as a shooter to space the floor, but he’s hardly elite and I’m not sure he brings a lot more than catch and shoot. I do think, and maybe this is based on what I remember of him from the bubble - he’s got the athleticism and mindset that means he plays better in big games. Won’t shrink in the playoffs - should grow. If that’s right it puts me over the top.

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2023, 10:55:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Frankly I think people are overrating OG
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I wouldn't do that. Smart is too valuable to our offence with his passing under Joe

Agreed.   This team recent swoon on offense seems to match up with Smart being out.   

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2023, 10:59:16 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Frankly I think people are overrating OG

I don't think he is any different than Jerami Grant. I think his defense is fairly overrated. He's good on defense, but whenever I watch them, I don't see a dominate defensive player.

Jerami Grant got 1 first and a couple seconds.