Author Topic: LOL The Official NBA Refs Twitter Posted This (What A Joke...)  (Read 2356 times)

Re: LOL The Official NBA Refs Twitter Posted This (What A Joke...)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 11:14:41 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Have they apologized for the 4th quarter of Game 7 2010 NBA Finals?

Too soon.

Flippin Gasol was up and down!  >:(

Yes he was! I don't know why that wasn't called.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 11:15:36 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Yeah, sleepless nights. They'll be kept awake by all of Lebron's whining...

Mike

Yup. LeBaby just won't go to sleep.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 11:23:45 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
How about the NBA improves the refs and makes the whole process more transparent? How about the same refs through a 7 game series so we can have some consistency in the playoffs? The NBA just throws their hands up and says "Our guys suck but we have good highlights!"

That would be the logical conclusion.

Of course, I can no longer use “consistency” and NBA refs in the same sentence. Virtually every game there is a significant change in the officiating standard (for both teams) after halftime. It’s like they try and “adjust” based on the stats.

So I don’t know how much even that kind of logical change would impact the lack of consistency. The truth is NBA officiating is just a poor product and as bad as it has ever been. And the biggest reason for it is they’ve changed the rules to be so favorable to the offense that it makes the refs be hyper-involved in the process, which naturally leads to more errors.
I actually prefer changing the refs to avoid bias, which is the bigger evil (compared to consistency). 

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 01:21:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Could also be a great troll tweet from them.   Especially for those whole love the attention.   

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2023, 02:57:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Will they also lose sleep over missing Lebron’s blatant travel on that same play?  I hope the tweet was sarcastic, but probably not.

I thought the tweet was totally sarcastic,  they could give a rats butt about Lebron crying, they have heard  it so much ,I doubt anybody else cares either including most of his teammates.  He has made such a clown  out of himself over his career with his constant crying about NOTHING so much it’s impossible to care what he says at this point even if this time we was correct.   

Lebron …just  shut up already ,  nobody cares .

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Will they also lose sleep over missing Lebron’s blatant travel on that same play?  I hope the tweet was sarcastic, but probably not.

I thought the tweet was totally sarcastic,  they could give a rats butt about Lebron crying, they have heard  it so much ,I doubt anybody else cares either including most of his teammates.  He has made such a clown  out of himself over his career with his constant crying about NOTHING so much it’s impossible to care what he says at this point even if this time we was correct.   

I know I’ll probably get made fun of for saying this, but behavior like that is also kind of disappointing from someone kids look up to so much. I’ve already acknowledged I think just about every player would be upset and have some reaction. But literally laying on the ground crying for 10 seconds is not something that should happen there and is pretty cringe.

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2023, 04:23:02 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I know I’ll probably get made fun of for saying this, but behavior like that is also kind of disappointing from someone kids look up to so much. I’ve already acknowledged I think just about every player would be upset and have some reaction. But literally laying on the ground crying for 10 seconds is not something that should happen there and is pretty cringe.

My wife never understood why I always complain about LeBron until she saw that play live.  She likened it to the tantrum our first-grader had thrown earlier that morning when we couldn’t find her pink goggles for swimming class, and instead she had to use the blue ones.  It was embarrassing.

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2023, 04:37:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Have they apologized for the 4th quarter of Game 7 2010 NBA Finals?

Too soon.

Flippin Gasol was up and down!  >:(

Yes he was! I don't know why that wasn't called.

And Gasol or Artest got robbed of Finals MVP. Artest injured Allen. Bynum or whoever took out Perk. Still misery to this day

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2023, 04:38:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, I thought the tweet was hilarious. ‘Gut-wrenching’, ‘sleepless nights’. No way they would use that phrasing unless they were totally trolling. Take the W on this one Cs fans - the refs are even taking on our side on this one.