Author Topic: The worst call last night …  (Read 3890 times)

The worst call last night …
« on: January 29, 2023, 12:12:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
… was not calling a T on Lebron for his gigantic temper tantrum.  Seeing him carry on like a spoiled four year old is an embarrassment to the league.

Lebron is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he only has one tech this year.  He’s only had six, combined, since joining the Lakers!  To me, that’s low-key corruption.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: The worst call last night …
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 12:17:58 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
… was not calling a T on Lebron for his gigantic temper tantrum.  Seeing him carry on like a spoiled four year old is an embarrassment to the league.

Lebron is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he only has one tech this year.  He’s only had six, combined, since joining the Lakers!  To me, that’s low-key corruption.

Remember Tatum getting a T for clapping his hands after a questionable call by the refs.  Crazy stuff and so unfare to JT.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 12:19:05 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Agreed but it’s somewhat understood in that you don’t want to rub salt in the wound after a blown call. But, as another poster mentioned in the game thread, he took 3 clear steps before Tatum hit his arm. Should have been traveling. 😂

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 12:20:08 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
He's setting an example for his son!  ::)

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 12:24:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Agreed but it’s somewhat understood in that you don’t want to rub salt in the wound after a blown call. But, as another poster mentioned in the game thread, he took 3 clear steps before Tatum hit his arm. Should have been traveling. 😂

Eh.  Guys get techs after blow calls all of the time.  It’s understandable to be frustrated, but this was unsportsmanlike to an extreme degree.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Tatum would have been kicked out of the League if he did what LeBron did.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 12:31:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Eh.  Guys get techs after blow calls all of the time.  It’s understandable to be frustrated, but this was unsportsmanlike to an extreme degree.

A tantrum is what it was.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 12:40:00 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Lots of Laker fans giving JT heat for not admitting the foul and for pointing to the sky after the non call. I don’t get it. What’s he supposed to say? That he fouled Lebron and he should have been given freethrows?

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 12:43:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Lots of Laker fans giving JT heat for not admitting the foul and for pointing to the sky after the non call. I don’t get it. What’s he supposed to say? That he fouled Lebron and he should have been given freethrows?

Tatum should have called it “marginal contact”, like the nonsense reversal on Anthony Davis’s foul on Tatum.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 12:47:41 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

A tantrum is what it was.

It was quite funny to see actually. It reminded me of old WWE wrestlers like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 12:58:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
They right, there was a missed a call. They missed a traveling call on LeBron on that layup attempt before the slap to the arm.

That being said, the Lakers were the benefiters of getting most calls going their way last night. LeQueen and Lakers should be the last entity to whine about refs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 12:58:56 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Now the rivalry will get heated again thanks to this no-call meltdown started by LeBron hahaha. JT is gonna become public enemy #1 in LA.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 01:02:05 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
For the record, I am not complain about the refs guy.  It's a tough job and missed calls are a part of the game.  So I can say with a very clear conscious, so what?!?  I will also happily rub it into the face of any laker fan I encounter.  Ha ha ha ha!  No ounce of hypocrisy from me end whatsoever.

The interesting part is how this has resonated across the league.  The Celt's absolutely public enemy number #1 across the league right now.  Shoot, as I recall, JT was smacked in the head at the end of the cavs game where a call and ft's could have likely won the game. 

So stuff happens.  So what.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2023, 01:05:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
How about that Brogdon “flagrant” though  ::)

I mean, Beverley also made contact with Jaylen’s head with 5 seconds left in the 4th (the -and 1 play which tied it up). Should that have been a flagrant then too?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2023, 01:06:27 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Considering what Draymond Green gets away with in regards to the officials, I’m not surprised at all that Lebron, the face of the NBA doesn’t get a T there. Also, will be interesting to see what the league does with Pat Beverly for the camera stunt and AD who told reporters after the game that the Lakers were “cheated” by the officials.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.