Author Topic: Trade deadline contest 2023  (Read 43401 times)

Trade deadline contest 2023
« on: January 25, 2023, 08:46:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Predict the trades made by teams at or near the deadline, with bonus points for correct Celtics predictions.

Two points for predicting the Celtic who is traded.

Two points for predicting the team he is traded to.

Two points for correctly predicting any specific asset we acquire (i.e., Jae Crowder; OKC #1; etc.  Cash does not count.)

One point for predicting a non-Celtic who is traded to another team.  One point for predicting the team he is traded to. 

The winner receives 500 TPs and the title of "Trade Deadline Guru" (or a similar title of your choice.)

All submissions are due by 11:59pm EST on 2/8/23.  You will not get any points for deals you "predict" after they have been announced.  Submissions are limited to six total.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Trade deadline contest 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 09:23:41 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 Thanks! I love this stuff. Apologies in advance if I suggest something teams are unable to legally do. The financials and trade rules I can find very confusing. 

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 09:34:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Predict the trades made by teams at or near the deadline, with bonus points for correct Celtics predictions.

Two points for correctly predicting any specific asset we acquire (i.e., Jae Crowder; OKC #1; etc.  Cash does not count.)

One point for predicting a non-Celtic who is traded to another team.  One point for predicting the team he is traded to. 

The winner receives 500 TPs and the title of "Trade Deadline Guru" (or a similar title of your choice.)

All submissions are due by 11:59pm EST on 2/8/23.  You will not get any points for deals you "predict" after they have been announced.  Submissions are limited to six total.
TP for coming up with this and for taking on the challenge of tracking the barrage you'll likely get

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 09:49:01 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
my non Celtics early predictions are

Josh Richardson or Jae Crowder will go to the Bucks for Ingles, Hill, and a future first

My less likely blockbuster trade prediction is

Suns get Capella, Collins and a protected 1st

ATL gets Ayton and Crowder
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 02:10:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Celtics get Daniel Theis for Danilo Gallinari, Justin Jackson and a 2nd round pick.

Or

Celtics get Mike Muscala using a TPE and 2 second round picks.

Or

Celtics get Willy Hernangomez using a TPE and second round pick.

Or

Celtics get Kelly Olynyk for Danilo Gallinari, Payton Pritchard, Luke Kornet, Justin Jackson and two 2nd round picks.

I think the C’s will try to pickup a wing once buyouts ramp up(Hopefully J.Richardson).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 12:24:49 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 02:38:56 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Memphis gets OG Anunoby.  Toronto gets Danny Green, Ziaire Williams, David Roddy, and 2 1st round picks.

Celtics get Jalen McDaniels for Justin Jackson and a 2023 2nd round pick.

Celtics get Jarred Vanderbilt for Peyton Pritchard and 2023 2nd.

Miami gets Jae Crowder.  Suns get Caleb Martin and Omar Yurtseven.

San Antonio gets a 2nd rounder from Denver for taking Ish Smith’s salary.  Ish Smith gets to play for another new team.

The Jazz trade Jordan Clarkson to the Clippers for Robert Covington and multiple second round picks.

Bonus prediction:  There are 6 or fewer trades between now (Feb 2nd PM) and the deadline.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 02:25:48 PM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 09:53:07 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Justin Jackson to the Pistons with a heavily protected 2nd and Cash.

Muscala into TPE for Celtics top(via Houston or Portland) 2023 2nd round pick.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 11:27:55 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
So Ainge drafted Pritchard and traded for Olynyk and knows them both pretty well.  My guess is that we see Olynyk coming to the Celtics for Pritchard, Gallinari, Justin Jackson, and also maybe some 2nds.  Hate to see PP leave but Kelly O knows the Celtics and would be a nice backup to Rob and Al.  He's not perfect but he would help this year more than PP will.  Go Cs!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:27:57 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 11:41:35 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
I would recommend changing the due date to the end of Sunday or Monday because the rumors will fly after that and the folks who are unwilling to lay a bet now will kind of cheat by trying to sneak in their submissions right before the deadline after serious rumors leak/fly, other posters post their bets, etc.

If a tie-breaker is needed, it should go to whoever posted earliest unless they posted on the same day, in which case both should win since we all come on here at different times of the day (and we don’t want east coast bias, or at least us folks out west who generally only post in the evenings, rarely lunchtime or early morning). That would incentivize not trying to piggy-back on others after days of predictions.

But you’re the boss, Roy.

Six submissions at the bottom, but here are the players I think we might trade before the deadline:

Pritchard, Gallo, Hauser, Jackson

Utah, Golden State, Houston, OKC

KO, Vanderbilt, Martin Jr., Muscala, Wiseman

One point for predicting a non-Celtic who is traded to another team.

Rozier in the 6th trade bet

One point for predicting the team he is traded to. 

Phoenix

Six submissions capturing above:

1)

BOS In: KO
UTA In: Pritchard, Gallo, Jackson, pick(s)

2)

BOS In: Vanderbilt
UTA In: Pritchard, Hauser, pick(s)

3)

BOS In: Wiseman
GSW In: Gallo, Pritchard, Hauser, pick(s)

4)

BOS In: Kenyon Martin, Jr.
HOU In: Pritchard, Hauser, pick(s)

5)

BOS In: Muscala
OKC In: Jackson or TPE, pick(s)

6)

PHX In: Rozier
CHA In: Crowder, Saric, picks
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 11:48:24 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 05:58:13 PM »

Online Silas

• Danny Ainge
My next guess is for Irving going to the Mavs for Dinwiddie, Bertans, and two number 1s.  Man I dislike Irving.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 06:04:33 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
My next guess is for Irving going to the Mavs for Dinwiddie, Bertans, and two number 1s.  Man I dislike Irving.

Yeah I could see the Mavs doing that too.  But I don't even know if it would help them that much.
Irving isn't a very good complimentary player.  Him and Luka would fight over who gets the ball.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 11:29:08 PM »

Online Silas

• Danny Ainge
With the new rumor maybe having Irving going to the Clips, my guess is Irving for Kennard, Jackson, Covington and their 1st.  God I hate Irving.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 10:21:29 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Celtics doing nothing
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 10:45:49 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Gallinari and Pritchard to Charlotte for Plumlee

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 11:34:18 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Gallinari and Pritchard to Charlotte for Plumlee

I'm really not sure you can play Plumlee in the playoffs due to his horrid free throw shooting...