Author Topic: Celtics Trade Deadline  (Read 25815 times)

Re: Celtics Trade Deadline
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2023, 03:17:54 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
What about getting Theis back as our backup big? The Pacers reportedly are looking to move him, and he knows our players, coaches, system for the most part. He is set to return to action soon.

I think he’s a better fit than Gallo, so I’d make the move. Plus, we aren’t sure if Danilo will play this year, Theis is about 4 years younger and like you mentioned, already familiar with the players/coaching staff.

I'd prefer Olynyk to Theis as an insurance big, but Theis is solid as well.

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2023, 04:31:10 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’d like to have naz Reid as the big or Poeltl

As for a wing…find one on the buyout market

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2023, 04:32:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

According to Washburn, Terrence Ross is a wing candidate for the Celtics. He would at least be an upgrade from Hauser.

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2023, 04:35:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

According to Washburn, Terrence Ross is a wing candidate for the Celtics. He would at least be an upgrade from Hauser.

Terrance Ross is garbage.  I’d rather have Hauser.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2023, 04:41:28 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
knowing quality trades are difficult to execute, is there anyone in maine that could contribute more than pp, hauser, or kornet?

imo, mfiondu kabengele would be worth a look to replace kornet or blake. he’s got a serious motor, a 7’3” wingspan, quick springs like rob, and he’s super aggressive on the boards. granted, he’s not great defensively but he seems to offer far more than kornet and blake.

thoughts? anyone else in maine that’s intriguing? the roster seems to be light on wings and guys with length.

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2023, 05:41:34 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
knowing quality trades are difficult to execute, is there anyone in maine that could contribute more than pp, hauser, or kornet?

imo, mfiondu kabengele would be worth a look to replace kornet or blake. he’s got a serious motor, a 7’3” wingspan, quick springs like rob, and he’s super aggressive on the boards. granted, he’s not great defensively but he seems to offer far more than kornet and blake.

thoughts? anyone else in maine that’s intriguing? the roster seems to be light on wings and guys with length.

Kabengele got a look v. Orlando.  Played 5 uninspiring minutes. Not fair to judge him on that, but he looked awkward.  I like Kornet enough to believe he’s the best backup after the rotation bigs they have right now. Certainly should try to upgrade.

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2023, 07:58:25 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

I totally agree.  I got down voted to oblivion on reddit for suggesting this.  Ross averages 8 points in over 20 minutes with ORL and is generously considered negative on D. Hauser has had his struggles recently but I've seen enough to believe he's going to good role player for a long time.

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2023, 08:49:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

me too

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2023, 08:52:49 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

me too

Ross is a poor shooter and make 11.5m per year.  No way that's the best they can do.

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2023, 09:24:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Ross isn’t thrilling but a veteran and not a terrible shooter from distance. 38% from 3 this year, 36% for his career.   Has had some nice games v. the Cs if I’m remembering correctly.

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2023, 10:31:40 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Ross isn’t thrilling but a veteran and not a terrible shooter from distance. 38% from 3 this year, 36% for his career.   Has had some nice games v. the Cs if I’m remembering correctly.

43% fg
75%ft

He's not a good shooter or scorer.  I'd rather the cs.try to roll the dice and get isaac if they'd deal him.

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2023, 11:07:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

43% fg
75%ft

He's not a good shooter or scorer.  I'd rather the cs.try to roll the dice and get isaac if they'd deal him.
As an aside, I hate using FG%, especially for players that take more than half their shots from 3.  I much prefer separating them by 2PT% and 3PT%.  Ross isn't great from 2 at 48.9% and with his 3's that gives him an eFG% of 53.3 and including FT's gives him a TS% of 54.3%.  I think that is a more accurate picture.  Still not a good shooter though, I just hate FG%
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2023, 07:57:08 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
What happened to Harkless?  I think he is still out there.  I am surprised no one gave him a deal.  Seems like he fits what the Celtics need.

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2023, 08:04:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Quote from: Wyc Grousbeck
"The conversation that I've had with Brad is, it's about this year," Grousbeck said. "It's not about 'this will pay dividends in three years' or 'this will do this next year.' It is this year. Muscle up and let's go get the job done.

"So that's his instructions, and that's what we're going to try to do. If there's anything to do, we'll do it. If not, we love this team. We're at the top of the league right now."

All in, just like that time we used the $17.2 million TPE to maximize our chances.  Or the $7 million TPE.  Or when we signed good veterans to the bench...

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2023, 08:16:01 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'll propose a deal:

BOS trades:  Gallinari, Pritchard, Jackson, better of HOU / POR #2
ORL trades:  Bamba

It is basically salary neutral for this year.  We'd actually save $250k.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 08:30:56 AM by Roy H. »