Author Topic: Celtics Trade Deadline  (Read 25767 times)

Re: Celtics Trade Deadline
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2023, 10:08:56 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Bulls want two first rounders for Alex Caruso. That’s….hopeful.

Carusos a good 9th man at best.

That's ridiculous. They are dreaming if they think they can get 2 first rounders for him and as Blondie said Dreamin is Free.

I'd take Caruso...he's not afraid of the big moments, unlike PP and Hauser and White for that matter.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2023, 11:01:17 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I'm not expecting much fireworks for this trade deadline  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2023, 11:39:30 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
The commentators (I think JVG?) mentioned in the 2nd half that the C's only played 7 guys during that half and both Pritchard + Hauser were pretty much benched.

It was a big game so obviously they wanted to play the best guys, and I know Timelord was out

But still, that kind of tells you that Brad HAS to make a move or two at the deadline. A lot of our mains guys also look gassed (can you blame them) and Timelord just can't be trusted to stay healthy

Standing pat would be a massive failure by the C's front office. And believe me, I'm usually one who is hesitant about "win now" moves at the risk of hurting the future, but like this team's window to win really is in the next few years. MAKE THE MOVES. Not saying they have to be huge trades but if you need to give up a future 1st or something for a real piece, they should.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2023, 11:43:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
The commentators (I think JVG?) mentioned in the 2nd half that the C's only played 7 guys during that half and both Pritchard + Hauser were pretty much benched.

It was a big game so obviously they wanted to play the best guys, and I know Timelord was out

But still, that kind of tells you that Brad HAS to make a move or two at the deadline. A lot of our mains guys also look gassed (can you blame them) and Timelord just can't be trusted to stay healthy

Standing pat would be a massive failure by the C's front office. And believe me, I'm usually one who is hesitant about "win now" moves at the risk of hurting the future, but like this team's window to win really is in the next few years. MAKE THE MOVES. Give up the next few first round pick(s) you have if need be.

JT didn’t have legs at the end v. NY or tonight.  He can’t go ISO all night and be fresh at the end.   First step is dealing with this offense.  But I agree Stevens needs to strengthen the roster. I think he will.

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2023, 11:56:37 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Bulls want two first rounders for Alex Caruso. That’s….hopeful.

Carusos a good 9th man at best.

That's ridiculous. They are dreaming if they think they can get 2 first rounders for him and as Blondie said Dreamin is Free.

I'd take Caruso...he's not afraid of the big moments, unlike PP and Hauser and White for that matter.

No one from our bench had a minus in plus-minus and every starter was a minus. You either trust your guys or you don't. If you don't get some you do trust or trust the ones you have.

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2023, 04:37:16 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

Standing pat would be a massive failure by the C's front office. And believe me, I'm usually one who is hesitant about "win now" moves at the risk of hurting the future, but like this team's window to win really is in the next few years. MAKE THE MOVES. Give up the next few first round pick(s) you have if need be.

JT didn’t have legs at the end v. NY or tonight.  He can’t go ISO all night and be fresh at the end.   First step is dealing with this offense.  But I agree Stevens needs to strengthen the roster. I think he will.

I checked JT’s game log and was surprised to see that he’s been getting 40 plus minutes per contest the past 7 or so games. He had 47 versus the Lakers. We desperately need wing depth because Hauser is obviously not getting it done. Unless of course Marcus’ return can help lower JT’s minutes.

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2023, 09:51:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I checked JT’s game log and was surprised to see that he’s been getting 40 plus minutes per contest the past 7 or so games. He had 47 versus the Lakers. We desperately need wing depth because Hauser is obviously not getting it done. Unless of course Marcus’ return can help lower JT’s minutes.

Or just get back to blowing teams like earlier in the year and rest in the 4th.

Tatum’s drop off in productivity and increase in boneheaded plays when he is tired is concerning.
Yup

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2023, 09:55:26 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Priority one is a wing to spell brown and Tatum. Hauser isn’t it.

Priority two is a big especially with Rob being injury prone.

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2023, 11:22:39 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Or just get back to blowing teams like earlier in the year and rest in the 4th.

Tatum’s drop off in productivity and increase in boneheaded plays when he is tired is concerning.

He's 24. The last level for him to achieve is to develop the mental toughness required to win a championship. He does seem to struggle at times. The very best always go down swinging, but when he's gassed and the defenses are swarming, you can feel a bit of give in his game.

I for one think he's got to figure it out, not rest and avoid it. It does help to have Brown, who can be sloppy, but never seems to give up. I like Mazzulla's approach to this. Tatum needs to climb that final rung in the ladder, and there is no way to work around that.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2023, 11:27:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Priority one is a wing to spell brown and Tatum. Hauser isn’t it.

Priority two is a big especially with Rob being injury prone.
Yes!! May have wait for buyout candidates
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2023, 12:22:37 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Does anyone think Serge Ibaka has anything left in the tank or would he be redundant to Blake?

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2023, 12:59:19 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Does anyone think Serge Ibaka has anything left in the tank or would he be redundant to Blake?

I mean, he can’t really be any worse, right? Would definitely spin the tires on him. He was pretty solid for the Bucks last year.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2023, 01:32:26 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I mean, he can’t really be any worse, right? Would definitely spin the tires on him. He was pretty solid for the Bucks last year.

If he has anything left, he has a lot of the same skills as Al. He'd be a good fit.

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2023, 01:41:20 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
What about getting Theis back as our backup big? The Pacers reportedly are looking to move him, and he knows our players, coaches, system for the most part. He is set to return to action soon.

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2023, 02:08:50 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
What about getting Theis back as our backup big? The Pacers reportedly are looking to move him, and he knows our players, coaches, system for the most part. He is set to return to action soon.

I think he’s a better fit than Gallo, so I’d make the move. Plus, we aren’t sure if Danilo will play this year, Theis is about 4 years younger and like you mentioned, already familiar with the players/coaching staff. 
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.