Author Topic: Draymond may get suspended  (Read 12052 times)

Re: Draymond may get suspended
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2022, 09:51:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Golden State Warriors failure to suspend Draymond Green after he punched teammate Jordan Poole will cost them the NBA championship due to the internal chaos it has caused, Jalen Rose says. “I’m saying when you choose not to suspend him…their dynamics of that relationship will never be the same,” Rose said Wednesday on “NBA Countdown.” “And so therefore how can we coexist?” He added: “The people that’s riding with Jordan Poole won’t forgive Draymond, and they also are going to be mad at the organization that they didn’t suspend him.”

I agree with this.  Not sure how big the impact will be or for how long, but I think it does affect the team.

They're a vet team with guys who have been there a long time.  I really don't think it'll make much on impact and certainly don't think it'll be the reason if they won't win the championship. Heck, its October.  We still have a full season to go.  This will be a distant memory.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
The punch was bad. Seeing it, through video, was worse. However, I suspect there are so many instances of inappropriateness with Draymond that we don't even know about. That isn't to defend what he did or how the team handled this, but what if this entire organization is just so used to this type of behavior from Draymond?

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2022, 11:31:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Saint Draymond  ;)

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2022, 11:55:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The Golden State Warriors failure to suspend Draymond Green after he punched teammate Jordan Poole will cost them the NBA championship due to the internal chaos it has caused, Jalen Rose says. “I’m saying when you choose not to suspend him…their dynamics of that relationship will never be the same,” Rose said Wednesday on “NBA Countdown.” “And so therefore how can we coexist?” He added: “The people that’s riding with Jordan Poole won’t forgive Draymond, and they also are going to be mad at the organization that they didn’t suspend him.”

I agree with this.  Not sure how big the impact will be or for how long, but I think it does affect the team.

They're a vet team with guys who have been there a long time.  I really don't think it'll make much on impact and certainly don't think it'll be the reason if they won't win the championship. Heck, its October.  We still have a full season to go.  This will be a distant memory.
Plus, unless I'm missing something, I don't think Rose has any idea how Poole actually feels.  While it is weird he hasn't said anything publicly, it is quite possible he and green have made up and even if they haven't maybe Poole is fine with how it was handled by the Warriors.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
If the video showed Draymond calling Poole a name that everyone is sensitive about nowadays, everyone would be more up in arms than they are for the haymaker to the face.  It seems a little out of whack.

Poole called him triple single lol

« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2022, 02:00:35 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The punch was bad. Seeing it, through video, was worse. However, I suspect there are so many instances of inappropriateness with Draymond that we don't even know about. That isn't to defend what he did or how the team handled this, but what if this entire organization is just so used to this type of behavior from Draymond?
Doubtful. Punching a guy who is not ready to defend himself is a punk move and cross the decency line. GSW should trade him, but they won't, and Jalen Rose is right that they just blew their chance to repeat as champs.

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2022, 02:14:28 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Plus, unless I'm missing something, I don't think Rose has any idea how Poole actually feels.  While it is weird he hasn't said anything publicly, it is quite possible he and green have made up and even if they haven't maybe Poole is fine with how it was handled by the Warriors.

Rose is just offering the perspective of a past player and someone who has continued to be around the league.  Rose doesn't "know" anything.  And it isn't just about how Poole feels.  It is how the whole team feels.  I would expect some lingering issues that will be felt by the team in a negative way.  Whether this lingering effect will make a difference on them winning the finals or not, I can't say.  Rose has his opinion.  Just adding it to the discussion.

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2022, 03:40:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I thought Steve Kerr was against violence. I guess he is unless it's against one of his payers. Golden State is full of hypocrites. The Celtics suspended their head coach for a year and no violence was involved. The next time Kerr speaks out against violence I'll realize he's just flapping his gums.

« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2022, 04:36:00 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I thought Steve Kerr was against violence. I guess he is unless it's against one of his payers. Golden State is full of hypocrites. The Celtics suspended their head coach for a year and no violence was involved. The next time Kerr speaks out against violence I'll realize he's just flapping his gums.

This is probably not the takeaway.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2022, 05:33:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

It's easy to talk about doing something about violence but it's another thing to do something when it affects you. Steve Kerr has given all sorts of tearful speeches against violence but when it comes to a situation where he can actually do something he does nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxexKbtLr4

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 05:43:34 PM by liam »

« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2022, 06:08:41 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

It's easy to talk about doing something about violence but it's another thing to do something when it affects you. Steve Kerr has given all sorts of tearful speeches against violence but when it comes to a situation where he can actually do something he does nothing.

I think it’s possible for someone who a) has been around a lot of fights in 30+ years of pro basketball and b) experienced the murder of his father to view the two completely differently without having a shred of hypocrisy.

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2022, 06:46:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Apples and oranges. Or, perhaps more appropriately, apples and fire trucks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2022, 06:51:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think it’s possible for someone who a) has been around a lot of fights in 30+ years of pro basketball and b) experienced the murder of his father to view the two completely differently without having a shred of hypocrisy.

I guess someone punching someone in the face should have some consequences but not in Golden State... 

« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2022, 07:53:21 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

I guess someone punching someone in the face should have some consequences but not in Golden State...

Sure but maybe you can see how that’s a bit of a different take than what you said earlier?

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2022, 08:27:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yes....and no.

Kerr saw violence end a life.

If Green's violence was better aimed, he could have ended Poole's life.

Kerr appears to have a difference of opinion based on the end result of the violence. But, violence is violence and so, there is some hypocrisy in his stance. Violence should be punished.

But since, end results do matter, it's understandable he has that difference of opinion on both situations.