Author Topic: Utah trade idea  (Read 1111 times)

Utah trade idea
« on: September 29, 2022, 02:44:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This is more of a deal I'm proposing because I'm bored, rather than being in love with it.  That said...

BOS trades:  TPE #1, TPE #2, better of 2023 HOU + POR #2

Utah trades:  Rudy Gay, Jarred Vanderbilt

It clears some salary from Utah, both this year and next, and gives them a likely top-35 draft pick.  Is that enough for Vanderbilt, who looks like a solid but not spectacular play?  I consider Gay to have neutral to negative trade value at this point.  Would we have to add both of those second rounders? 

One positive is that we could potentially package those two together with Gallo and draft compensation at the deadline to bring in a substantial contract.  Those three alone could bring back $21.35 million in salary.  Throw in Kornet and we can bring back over $24 million.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:50:19 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Utah trade idea
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 02:47:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
This is more of a deal I'm proposing because I'm bored, rather than being in love with it.  That said...

It clears some salary from Utah, both this year and next, and gives them a likely top-35 draft pick.  Is that enough for Vanderbilt, who looks like a solid but not spectacular play?  I consider Gay to have neutral to negative trade value at this point.  Would we have to add both of those second rounders? 

One positive is that we could potentially package those two together with Gallo and draft compensation at the deadline to bring in a substantial contract.

I'd do this trade as it adds talent. Our biggest need is at the center position but adding talent is always a good thing.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

One positive is that we could potentially package those two together with Gallo and draft compensation at the deadline to bring in a substantial contract.  Those three alone could bring back $21.35 million in salary.  Throw in Kornet and we can bring back over $24 million.

Reportedly the inclusion of Vanderbilt was a principal reason the Jazz went with Detroit in the Bogs trade rather than Crowder, some other salary rumored to be Landry Shamet, and unspecified draft compensation.

With regard to the Houston pick, it's a little tricky to trade, because it goes to Indiana if we finish with a top-12 pick this year.  (That's unlikely, but as it would be the primary asset, Utah would need a contingency pick, and we're short on other 2nd to send.)

All that said, I've had similar trade ideas in my head, except that we get Leandro Bolmaro (reportedly on the cutting block) instead of Gay, so that we can keep our other mid-sized TPE (and because I have zero interest in Rudy Gay).  Also I normally make it the best of the Houston or Portland pick, and add in Madar since Ainge drafted him.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 03:14:58 PM »

Online No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

Let's say at the trade deadline we have those assets to give up in a deal that could bring back a player at $24M.

Who might fit that criteria?

And if they were potentially worth it, let's say we would also throw in our 2023 1st .  And maybe even our 2025 1st if the player was worth it (ex. John Collins at $23.5M).

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 03:16:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Let's say at the trade deadline we have those assets to give up in a deal that could bring back a player at $24M.

Who might fit that criteria?

And if they were potentially worth it, let's say we would also throw in our 2023 1st .  And maybe even our 2025 1st if the player was worth it (ex. John Collins at $23.5M).

Yeah, Collins and Harrison Barnes would be my top choices.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes