Author Topic: Silver lining…  (Read 2687 times)

Silver lining…
« on: September 22, 2022, 11:05:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
All of this craziness with Gallo, Timelord, and now Ime is occurring before the season starts, not during. Hopefully this gives Brad enough time to make the appropriate moves to put the team in the best position possible. It’s really frustrating that all of this is happening, but it could always be worse…
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:18:18 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Silver lining…
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 11:43:27 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
My silver lining is this team seems to perform best when expectations are lowered and their backs are against the wall.  So hopefully this has that effect.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 11:46:58 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
My silver lining is that it's not one of the Jays.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 12:15:18 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
And I will drink to both of your silver linings. Couldn’t agree more.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Yeah, if we're getting all this out of the way now so the actual season can be smooth, that'd be great.

This type of thing can be a distraction or it can create the conditions to bring people together. I think it's more important than ever that the Celtics come out of the gates hot and if they do, I can see this as a championship season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 01:20:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
All of this craziness with Gallo, Timelord, and now Ime is occurring before the season starts, not during. Hopefully this gives Brad enough time to make the appropriate moves to put the team in the best position possible. It’s really frustrating that all of this is happening, but it could always be worse…

And yet, we've known this was an issue since July with Ime, and probably with Timelord, too.  No moves yet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 01:46:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not much of a silver lining at all....

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 01:52:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Not yet. The Celtics have an Ime sized hole to climb out of.

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 02:27:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

And yet, we've known this was an issue since July with Ime, and probably with Timelord, too.  No moves yet.

Celtics ownership/management has not handled the Ime situation well at all. I don’t think they knew about Rob’s knee flaring back up in July, though. If they did and waited this long to do something about it, heads should be rolling. I’m not thrilled with how the medical staff has handled him since last season.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 03:21:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Celtics ownership/management has not handled the Ime situation well at all. I don’t think they knew about Rob’s knee flaring back up in July, though. If they did and waited this long to do something about it, heads should be rolling. I’m not thrilled with how the medical staff has handled him since last season.

Celtics have handled the Ime situation very well.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 03:24:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

I think so too. I think that this situation is all on Ime!

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 03:28:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

So they found out about the Ime situation in July and are disciplining a week before training camp. That’s handling it well? We are almost into October.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 03:45:58 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

So they found out about the Ime situation in July and are disciplining a week before training camp. That’s handling it well? We are almost into October.

First, I don’t think you or I know the details so both of us are making the call based on how we are choosing to view it. As soon as they were aware it may be something more than a consensual relationship they investigated, were respectful to all parties, didn’t rush to judgment, and didn’t move too slowly. 

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 03:49:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

First, I don’t think you or I know the details so both of us are making the call based on how we are choosing to view it. As soon as they were aware it may be something more than a consensual relationship they investigated, were respectful to all parties, didn’t rush to judgment, and didn’t move too slowly.

They moved too slowly in terms of contingency plans.  We’re down our head coach and our top assistant from last season, and have done nothing to replace them / have people lined up to replace them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 05:00:43 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

You don’t think it’s better for all of these issues to happen before the first games are played vs after? It would have derailed the whole season. The C’s still have some time to sort things out at this stage. Play some preseason games and see how it goes. If Brad doesn’t like what he sees from the coaches or players he can make moves before meaningful games are played.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:13:33 PM by Goldstar88 »