Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 57397 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #585 on: September 25, 2022, 04:43:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I was just as curious as the next person when the news first broke, but it's really irrelevant now who it is. Salacious human curiosity drives people to try to find out who the woman was and try to glean more details but end of day Ime has been found to have engaged in improper conduct, he's the only one deemed to have done so, there was more than one violation, the incidents were deemed serious enough to suspend Ime for a year and Ime has accepted the penalty, and our new interim coach is Joe Mazzulla. Those are really the only facts that matter.

I've moved on from trying to find out who it is...my thoughts now are on how Joe Mazz will do, how the team will take to him, and how Ime's ignominious and unexpected departure will affect the players who by all accounts were close to him. There are certain parallels with Ime and Joe given both neither had head coaching experience prior to taking on the Celtics, but I think it's fair to say Ime had a much more solid resume - he was an assistant for a much longer period, worked under Pop and had some experience with playoff teams and players with big egos with Philly and Brooklyn, and coached for Team USA. And he played in the NBA so he has that "been there done that experience".

Joe's biggest strength is his continuity and the fact that he probably won't throw out Ime's existing system which the players already know. I think when things are going well he won't have an issue - it's going to be when the team hits a losing streak and the media starts to put the pressure on him, or when some players are out of form and he benches them and they start to get upset about playing time. I know Brad said that he has some solid guys in Aaron and Damon to help him but I'd love for Brad to get someone with some gravitas on the bench to help Joe manage the players.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #586 on: September 25, 2022, 04:50:56 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I just don’t see him coming back ever
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #587 on: September 25, 2022, 07:59:18 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Like many, I'm also guilty of speaking out without all the facts. At first I thought the Celtic organization overreacted on a simple consensual affair between two adults.

As per Matt Barnes, this seems to be much deeper and uglier than originally thought. Our imaginations are left to decipher exactly what took place, which in the long run could be most harmful. This really sucks.

« Reply #588 on: September 25, 2022, 12:19:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
More and more reporting kind of dribbling out.

I think we'll eventually get a full picture of what happened here but it's going to take time.

If the Celtics can come out focused and hit the gas hard to start the season, this can all be put behind them. But if they come out flat, it's all anyone will be talking about.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #589 on: September 25, 2022, 01:00:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Like many, I'm also guilty of speaking out without all the facts. At first I thought the Celtic organization overreacted on a simple consensual affair between two adults.

As per Matt Barnes, this seems to be much deeper and uglier than originally thought. Our imaginations are left to decipher exactly what took place, which in the long run could be most harmful. This really sucks.
I honestly questioned my own ethics on not viewing the initial report as a terrible thing one should be suspended for. At first I was saying, "cheating happens". Yet for the organization that promotes family. This is a betrayal of trust if Ime was indeed sleeping with married women. At a normal 9 to 5 you don't have the same interactions or forced duties. This puts a lot of faith in people doing right by each other. So if they wanted to suspend him a year or fire him for cheating with a coworker than I get it. You need trust and no way I'm trusting that guy.

« Reply #590 on: September 25, 2022, 02:42:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Kevin Frazier
@KevinFrazier
multiple sources confirm , #Celtics female staffer’s affair w/ Celtics Coach #ImeUdoka was uncovered by her husband when he overheard a private conversation on a home doorbell camera.

Not sure the credibility on this, but dang, that home doorbell camera must be doing its job well then

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2022, 02:47:19 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Kevin Frazier
@KevinFrazier
multiple sources confirm , #Celtics female staffer’s affair w/ Celtics Coach #ImeUdoka was uncovered by her husband when he overheard a private conversation on a home doorbell camera.

Not sure the credibility on this, but dang, that home doorbell camera must be doing its job well then

That would then throw the rumors out the window the rumors that a Celtics stater ratted out Ime

« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2022, 03:01:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kevin Frazier
@KevinFrazier

That would then throw the rumors out the window the rumors that a Celtics stater ratted out Ime

These are all made up rumors.  Look at the sources.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2022, 03:44:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Kevin Frazier
@KevinFrazier

Exactly.

« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2022, 07:23:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Kevin Frazier
@KevinFrazier

tmz ran with that one earlier I think.. Not sure if that is the tmz guy or not.  Tmz also said the staffer arranged his and Nia Long's travel.  The tmz source is from Nia Long's camp so take it for what that is worth.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #595 on: September 26, 2022, 12:06:18 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

I honestly questioned my own ethics on not viewing the initial report as a terrible thing one should be suspended for. At first I was saying, "cheating happens". Yet for the organization that promotes family. This is a betrayal of trust if Ime was indeed sleeping with married women. At a normal 9 to 5 you don't have the same interactions or forced duties. This puts a lot of faith in people doing right by each other. So if they wanted to suspend him a year or fire him for cheating with a coworker than I get it. You need trust and no way I'm trusting that guy.
Ime had it all going his way. Successful coach of a team that's among the favorites to win the title, long term contract, players and organization had his back. And in a league that's been pushing equality, a guy to look up to as a successful black head coach.

And he p---ed it all away because he couldn't control himself. He had to know what he was engaged in was wrong, but he did it anyway. So he's either got some issues that require professional help or he's a bit of a fraud when it comes to ethics.

« Reply #596 on: September 26, 2022, 09:09:06 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
People are starting to say that he isn’t just done coaching in Boston but possibly coaching anywhere.

There has got to be a lot more to this.  Having an affair with a married staffer, whose husband also works for the team is a ugly situation, even him behaving like a jerk after getting rejected on top of that makes it even worse. 

But for that to completely get him blackballed like some people are starting to say still seems like a bit much.  There’s got to be an even uglier side of this.

Greg

« Reply #597 on: September 26, 2022, 09:13:19 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
People are starting to say that he isn’t just done coaching in Boston but possibly coaching anywhere.

There has got to be a lot more to this.  Having an affair with a married staffer, whose husband also works for the team is a ugly situation, even him behaving like a jerk after getting rejected on top of that makes it even worse. 

But for that to completely get him blackballed like some people are starting to say still seems like a bit much.  There’s got to be an even uglier side of this.

There’s absolutely an uglier side to this.  Wyc said the investigation had a lot of “twists and turns”.  I don’t know what that means, exactly, but it implies there was a lot going on.

« Reply #598 on: September 26, 2022, 11:54:08 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

There’s absolutely an uglier side to this.  Wyc said the investigation had a lot of “twists and turns”.  I don’t know what that means, exactly, but it implies there was a lot going on.

Something to consider is I wonder if the relationship he had was with a player's wife. I think that would be a pretty significant breach of trust that doesn't go towards the criminal venue. Even worse, if he's out there preying on multiple players' wives, displaying a pattern that would make all players not trust him.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #599 on: September 26, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Ime should be gone, and I think he will be.

The “what’s wrong with consensual relationships” take is looking worse and worse.