Author Topic: Surgery for Rob (out 8-12 weeks)  (Read 15630 times)

Re: Surgery for Rob
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2022, 04:42:16 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Dup

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2022, 04:48:05 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Rob getting hurt again? Boston being impacted by injuries before the season even starts? Shocker.

No wonder I'm so jaded when it comes to Celtics injury news.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2022, 04:51:41 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Was hoping this was an old thread that was bumped, no such luck.

Yeah, that's not good.  Haven't we been told all off-season that the leg was doing great, no long term effects, etc.?

Ya my first thought too.  So what was up with this report from last month?

Williams has no long-term concerns with his knee and he should be 100 percent for the start of training camp, Brian Robb of MassLive.com reports.

More proof (as if we needed any more) that the Celtics are either dishonest when it comes to injuries, or their health-related personnel are bad at their jobs.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2022, 04:53:42 PM »

• Satch Sanders
I think until Rob gets back I go

Smart
brogdan
Brown
Tatum
Al

White, Pritchard back up the guards
Grant backs up Al
No idea who spells brown and others at the wing (layman)?

Would not play Kornet or the other six bench guys unless it’s absolutely necessary.

The Cs also need a plan in place for the inevitable Brogdon, Smart, and Brown injuries.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2022, 05:00:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think until Rob gets back I go

Smart
brogdan
Brown
Tatum
Al

White, Pritchard back up the guards
Grant backs up Al
No idea who spells brown and others at the wing (layman)?

Would not play Kornet or the other six bench guys unless it’s absolutely necessary.

The Cs also need a plan in place for the inevitable Brogdon, Smart, and Brown injuries.
C's have needed that plan since they acquired Brogdon.  wasting that MLE was foolish and arrogant and stupid.  golden opportunity to solidify the roster in the face of injuries expected during the season.

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2022, 05:15:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bruno waived

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2022, 05:17:48 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Bruno waived

Feels like a vet center who wanted to wait for playing time to open will be announced pretty soon.

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2022, 05:20:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bruno waived

Feels like a vet center who wanted to wait for playing time to open will be announced pretty soon.

Sure hope so

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2022, 05:23:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why exactly was this not done a month ago. Clearly any swelling that would have been necessary to get the best look at the knee would have subsided by then. There were reports he was going great.

Is this a new injury? Did he re-injure the knee while working out? Were we just being lied to about how well he was recovering?

I would love answers to these questions because this, "let's wait until just before the season to get the surgery done" thing seems like something that's happened before to this team, though maybe I am mixing up teams. Maybe I am confusing the C's with the Sox.

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2022, 05:25:31 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Practically speaking what does this mean?
A vet min is willing to come? The 1 year deal is fully guaranteed. It's a two year deal without league subsidies?

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2022, 05:30:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bruno waived

Curious to see if we sign an actual NBA player now, rather than a reclamation project.

I’m predicting Hasheem Thabeet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2022, 05:32:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
One option off the table:  Cody Zeller took a camp deal with the Jazz.

Hopefully that is a sign that Whiteside is no longer an option for them, because he is signing here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2022, 05:34:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Cameron Tabatabaie: Woj suggests Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge could be names to keep an eye on for the C’s. Says Boston showed “a little interest in” LMA this summer.

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2022, 05:35:02 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Why exactly was this not done a month ago. Clearly any swelling that would have been necessary to get the best look at the knee would have subsided by then. There were reports he was going great.

Is this a new injury? Did he re-injure the knee while working out? Were we just being lied to about how well he was recovering?

I would love answers to these questions because this, "let's wait until just before the season to get the surgery done" thing seems like something that's happened before to this team, though maybe I am mixing up teams. Maybe I am confusing the C's with the Sox.

Who knows?  Maybe it was recommended a while ago and he didn't want to do it at the time, but now that he's still feeling soreness he's agreed to it.  Maybe the plan was to rehab it for three months and see what happened.  Maybe the Celtics have told him he's fine and a second opinion said otherwise.  Maybe it was all going great until he tweaked something recently.

I see what's happening to Lonzo Ball with a similar initial injury and I worry, but that doesn't mean anyone did anything wrong.

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2022, 05:36:27 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
One option off the table:  Cody Zeller took a camp deal with the Jazz.

Hopefully that is a sign that Whiteside is no longer an option for them, because he is signing here.

I'm pretty sure that Zeller could get his release from the Jazz in an instant if he felt the Celtics wanted to sign him to something guaranteed.  The Jazz have 17 guys on guaranteed deals as is -- Zeller isn't going to be there after camp.  That said, I don't think Zeller would be the choice.