Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 118602 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #885 on: December 09, 2022, 01:36:35 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Baker Mayfield pulled a Brady from Monday night? Two TDs in the 4th quarter, less than 5 mins to go? 17-16 was final score lol.

But man, McDaniels blew that

McDaniels has proven that he sucks as a head coach, just like he sucks at calling red-zone plays. If I was the Raiders GM, I would’ve fired him after tonight’s game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #886 on: December 09, 2022, 03:29:30 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Raiders keeping McFlop after season??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #887 on: December 09, 2022, 07:00:07 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Baker Mayfield pulled a Brady from Monday night? Two TDs in the 4th quarter, less than 5 mins to go? 17-16 was final score lol.

McDaniels has proven that he sucks as a head coach, just like he sucks at calling red-zone plays. If I was the Raiders GM, I would’ve fired him after tonight’s game.

Speculation is that McDaniels is safe because the Raiders ownership doesn’t want to eat his contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #888 on: December 09, 2022, 07:27:01 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Speculation is that McDaniels is safe because the Raiders ownership doesn’t want to eat his contract.

Right. Don't they have a bunch of years to pay off on Gruden still? I thought I remember him signing a 10 year deal.

« Reply #889 on: December 09, 2022, 08:29:15 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
I think these McDaniels issues really underscore just how awful the Patriots offensive staff is this year since he is a clear improvement over what they have this year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #890 on: December 11, 2022, 01:45:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Texans up early 10-7 over the Cowboys. Vegas giving the Texans a 17-point handicap :o

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #891 on: December 11, 2022, 02:50:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2960
  • On To Banner 18!
Lot of teams so far today on upset alert. Cowboys, Vikings, Titans, Ravens. Bengals are also only up 10 at the moment but the Browns are driving
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #892 on: December 11, 2022, 03:11:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Any given Sunday today so far. Lions blowing out Vikings too.

Who knows, maybe TB will stun the 49ers in SF later today lol

« Reply #893 on: December 11, 2022, 03:57:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Sheesh, Texans blew it

« Reply #894 on: December 11, 2022, 05:31:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
This seems like a worse year for Brady than the one in like 2009. Getting blown out by the 49ers and Mr. Irrelevant

« Reply #895 on: December 11, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
This seems like a worse year for Brady than the one in like 2009. Getting blown out by the 49ers and Mr. Irrelevant

I'm never gonna count out the GOAT... but I'm just really not seeing it with them this year. Like... they need Brady to be herculean just to look like a good team lol. There's a ton of issues with the roster and they are also very undisciplined. They also had a TD earlier taken away due to a penalty. And the last game, they needed Brady to be herculean just to win by 1 against a bad Saints team too.

I guess it helps they host the wild card round due to winning the division, but it feels like they'll get pummeled if they face DAL/PHI/MIN/SF in the divisional round, and it won't entirely be because of Brady. Brady though might have to go supernova for them to have a chance.

They're also lucky the rest of the NFC South absolutely blows lol. They could finish 7-10 and still probably win the division

« Reply #896 on: December 11, 2022, 06:20:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I'm never gonna count out the GOAT... but I'm just really not seeing it with them this year. Like... they need Brady to be herculean just to look like a good team lol. There's a ton of issues with the roster and they are also very undisciplined. They also had a TD earlier taken away due to a penalty. And the last game, they needed Brady to be herculean just to win by 1 against a bad Saints team too.

I guess it helps they host the wild card round due to winning the division, but it feels like they'll get pummeled if they face DAL/PHI/MIN/SF in the divisional round, and it won't entirely be because of Brady. Brady though might have to go supernova for them to have a chance.

They're also lucky the rest of the NFC South absolutely blows lol. They could finish 7-10 and still probably win the division

Yeah I'm a Brady homer, but I have SF -3.5 today. Just can't see TB scoring on this defense. They're like ranked 1 in the NFL no? But yeah, I agree, this isn't entirely on Brady. Todd Bowles and Byron Leftwich are just not built to be head coaches nor do offensive playcalling.

As I'm typing this...Brady intercepted. Ball went over Mike Evan's head and into the hands of the defender.

« Reply #897 on: December 11, 2022, 06:29:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah I'm a Brady homer, but I have SF -3.5 today. Just can't see TB scoring on this defense. They're like ranked 1 in the NFL no? But yeah, I agree, this isn't entirely on Brady. Todd Bowles and Byron Leftwich are just not built to be head coaches nor do offensive playcalling.

As I'm typing this...Brady intercepted. Ball went over Mike Evan's head and into the hands of the defender.

The Bucs defense to me is also a bit overrated. To me they are kind of like the Patriots defense honestly. Against bad/mediocre teams they can look awesome, but usually against high-powered offenses like the Niners they just get shredded

« Reply #898 on: December 11, 2022, 06:35:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

The Bucs defense to me is also a bit overrated. To me they are kind of like the Patriots defense honestly. Against bad/mediocre teams they can look awesome, but usually against high-powered offenses like the Niners they just get shredded

Ironically speaking, Brock Purdy lighting up that TB defense and without Deebo Samuel. Thought this would be a low-scoring blowout win for SF. But 35-0? Blasphemy.

And my network just changed to Carolina-Seattle cuz it's more competitive and more ratings. This is an embarrassment for "game of the week" TB/SF. Sigh

« Reply #899 on: December 11, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Brady’s missing throws - though receivers don’t seem to be getting much separation. He’s still a good QB. But he’s not good enough now to bring an average team to contention. They shouldn’t make the playoffs but probably will.
I’m not a Brady fan since he left, so the shellacking is just fine.