Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 115315 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #810 on: November 24, 2022, 01:58:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hope it's nothing serious, but Von Miller left the game with injury and then they showed him being carted off the field from the sideline. Out for the rest of the game with knee injury.

That'd be a huge blow for the Bills if it's serious. He's expected to be a big part of their playoff push (especially against the Chiefs)

Also worth noting though, Pats play the Bills next week. So he might be out for that game?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #811 on: November 24, 2022, 03:33:08 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
And the Bills kicker misses the PAT, so now Detroit needs only a FG to keep the game going.

Kickers should never miss PATs unless they're playing in a storm.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #812 on: November 24, 2022, 04:01:10 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Detroit ties it up with 23 seconds left and still loses in regulation.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #813 on: November 24, 2022, 04:03:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
That was brutal, but then again that’s what you expect from the Lions most of the time. Man rooting for them in any game is tough and I say that as a non-Lions fan lol

Also will the Lions actually draft a QB or keep playing Goff? That guy is a muppet. Huge reason they lost tbh but he’s cost them other games too

« Reply #814 on: November 24, 2022, 04:12:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Over the last 4 games Buffalo has lost twice, beat a terrible Brown's team by just 8 and barely squeaked out a win by a not very good Detroit team.

Chalking up the Pats' two games vs Buffalo as losses for NE, is far from a certainty. Buffalo just had not looked that good the last month or so and may have lost the heart and soul of their defense today in Von Miller.

If the Pats' win tonight, look for a win next week against the Bills as well.

« Reply #815 on: November 24, 2022, 04:25:22 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Over the last 4 games Buffalo has lost twice, beat a terrible Brown's team by just 8 and barely squeaked out a win by a not very good Detroit team.

Chalking up the Pats' two games vs Buffalo as losses for NE, is far from a certainty. Buffalo just had not looked that good the last month or so and may have lost the heart and soul of their defense today in Von Miller.

If the Pats' win tonight, look for a win next week against the Bills as well.

I missed the game other than the GW FG. What was Miller’s injury?

As much as I’d like to believe, I still have last year’s playoff decimation alive in my brain. Pats D is better now. Still, I have a hard time thinking the Pats will take 1 of 2.

« Reply #816 on: November 24, 2022, 04:52:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That was the most patient official ever.  Nobody deserves that sort of abuse.  That should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.  If it had been a player, rather than the coach, he might have been ejected.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #817 on: November 24, 2022, 06:13:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
That was the most patient official ever.  Nobody deserves that sort of abuse.  That should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.  If it had been a player, rather than the coach, he might have been ejected.

Sure but these refs definitely deserve it. Whole half was called inconsistently for both teams. The last 5 minutes of the half were some of the most excruciating I've seen

« Reply #818 on: November 24, 2022, 06:17:51 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sure but these refs definitely deserve it. Whole half was called inconsistently for both teams. The last 5 minutes of the half were some of the most excruciating I've seen

The call Daboll blew up on was correct, though.  The Giants lineman was down field by a couple of yards.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #819 on: November 27, 2022, 04:25:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
TB letting Jacoby Brissett feast on them, esp in OT. Yikes

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #820 on: November 27, 2022, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Jags score TD, 27-26. Made the 2pt conversion and takes the 28-27 lead vs Ravens. Wow, gutsy call to win game than settle for OT but glad it worked out for them.

Edit: Tucker missed a 67-yarder, Ravens lose. Thought he of all kickers would have made that, but it is a far distance anyway

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #821 on: November 27, 2022, 04:46:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
2 great finished with Cleveland and Jacksonville getting the wins!!!

« Reply #822 on: November 27, 2022, 04:50:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
That was an amazing game and ending to Ravens-Jags. WOW

Tucker is still the GOAT. Only he could come close to hitting that kick (and he's hit from 66-yards before)

Bucs-Browns was also awesome to the end. Great win for Brissett, Cooper and the Browns.

« Reply #823 on: November 27, 2022, 05:45:31 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I've gotta stop doing pick'em. So much inconsistency from week to week, and even from quarter to quarter.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #824 on: November 27, 2022, 05:48:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Broncos are in serious trouble lol. They gave Wilson 250M and he might be one of the worst QBs in the league, and it's obvious his teammates (especially the defense) hate him too. Panthers are one of the worst teams in football and DEN's offense put up 10 points and looked like they didn't even realize there was a game today. Yikes.

Hackett's also the problem but I mean I'm not sure how a new HC can come in and fix things unless if Wilson improves AND the relationships between the players and Russ improve as well

Denver also doesn't have their first round pick this year due to the trade, so Seattle can probably get a Top-5 pick in the upcoming Draft at this rate
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 05:58:37 PM by Phantom255x »