Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 59393 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2022, 01:49:28 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Pels are not willing to give Igram up for KD.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another-report-pelicans-unwilling-put-215023859.html

That seems to be the party line out of NOP but it doesn't make sense to me.  I don't want to trade Brown for Durant but I think Brown is better than Ingram, close, but better.  I also think that with NOP having McCollum, it becomes more of a veteran team with Durant.

If I was NOP, I would definitely make a run with Durant, McCollum, Williamson and whatever.  I don't see them even sniffing a title with Ingram, Williamson, and McCollum.  And their window may be really short due to the age of McCollum and the durability of Williamson.

I would not be real surprised if the real issue for NOP was more the 4 picks or whatever else that BKN may want and less about Ingram.
They will absolutely trade Ingram for Durant, they just don't want to say that until Brooklyn has a more reasonable ask.

I'm not so sure the Durant market is as strong as Brooklyn would like. An older oft injured player with attitude problems...

« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2022, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think camp will start, Durant won't report, and the Nets will lower what they want and he will be traded.  No idea if that is Boston, New Orleans, or some other team, but I'd be surprised if Durant was still on the Nets for the start of the season.

I doubt he refuses to go to camp when required. The Ben Simmons strategy ultimately worked, but don’t see KD taking same tact.

« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2022, 02:23:16 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Nets will succumb to The C's offer within the next month.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2022, 02:26:56 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I think camp will start, Durant won't report, and the Nets will lower what they want and he will be traded.  No idea if that is Boston, New Orleans, or some other team, but I'd be surprised if Durant was still on the Nets for the start of the season.

I doubt he refuses to go to camp when required. The Ben Simmons strategy ultimately worked, but don’t see KD taking same tact.

So the possible outcomes are:

Traded by the start of the season
     Not traded, sits out until traded
     Not traded, things are worked out, and he plays

I don't think he will be traded and I don't think he will ultimately sit out.  It will definitely be very bizarre if he just shows up and plays after all the off season drama (including the reports that he asked the owner to fire the coach and the GM) but I think they will find a way to set that aside and just play ball.  The toughest relationship may be between Steve Nash and Durant.  They may need some professional counseling for that one. 

« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2022, 02:57:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I don't think he will miss games, but I absolutely think he won't show up to training camp.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2022, 02:59:42 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't think he will miss games, but I absolutely think he won't show up to training camp.
KD can say some odd things, but he's not a jerk like Simmons. He loves basketball (Simmons not so much) and he's a workaholic.  He will report.

« Reply #606 on: August 17, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

KD can say some odd things, but he's not a jerk like Simmons. He loves basketball (Simmons not so much) and he's a workaholic.  He will report.
Then he will be forced to stay in Brooklyn.  If he truly doesn't want to play in Brooklyn, he won't report to training camp.

« Reply #607 on: August 18, 2022, 07:14:57 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Then he will be forced to stay in Brooklyn.  If he truly doesn't want to play in Brooklyn, he won't report to training camp.
Exactly correct. Again, I predict he will report.

« Reply #608 on: August 18, 2022, 07:35:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Like Kyrie , he can easily afford not to show at all. He is set for life financially.

What needs to be on his mind is how his actions will effect the 98% of players in the league who don’t have his type of star power to jerk the owners chain and screw with a team he doesn’t own.

« Reply #609 on: August 18, 2022, 08:41:33 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

So you think he wants to play in Brooklyn?

« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2022, 11:30:44 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

I think he wants to play.  If the choice is play in BKN or don't play, I suspect that he plays.  We'll see.

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2022, 11:38:01 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

I think he wants to play.  If the choice is play in BKN or don't play, I suspect that he plays.  We'll see.

At this point I believe both he and Kyrie stay in Brooklyn.  No one is going to give them the value they want to trade either player.

As for Boston I know Tatum trains with KD and is friends with him but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about KD being in Tatum's ear 24/7.  KD left GSW because he couldn't get a long with some of his coworkers.  He played for the Nest for 2 years and wants to force his way out of there because he can't get a long with some of his coworkers.  There is a trend here.  I don't want him to poison the well with JT and have JT leave in a few years.  Then the C's stink, have no picks and are back to square 1 and can't even rebuild.  IMO trading Brown for KD straight up is tough because of their age vs talent gap.  Give me JB all day every day over KD.  If this were 4 years ago my thoughts would be different but today no thanks.

« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2022, 11:41:34 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

that isn't the discussion we were having.

« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2022, 01:13:42 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

that isn't the discussion we were having.

I am not sure your point.  It is a bit of a rhetorical question to ask if he wants to play in BKN.  He has publicly asked for a trade so it is pretty clear that he prefers to play somewhere else.  It seems like there are about 3 or 4 teams he would like to be traded to.  Not sure what there is to discuss around that.

What you can debate is if he ends up with no choice, would he play or sit out.  At this point, this is most likely where this is headed.

How about if you think of it this way.  Say they put a trade to Orlando on the table for him.  Do you think he would rather play in Orlando or play in Brooklyn?  Or do you think he would sit out in either case?  I think in that case he would say, yeah, I'll agree to show up to camp in BKN over being traded to Orlando and having to sit out or play there.

We are all just speculating though.  Just offering our opinions.

« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2022, 01:29:00 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
Windhorst: So from what I can gather, it appears he and the Nets are looking forward to meeting up in training camp. Whether Kevin Durant is there and his level of buy-in, that’s the big question. But right now, I think the Nets want to run this team back and they’re hoping Kevin Durant agrees. The way they’re conducting trade talks and the prices they are asking has teams out there thinking they don’t really want to trade Kevin Durant anyway. They want to bring this team back. We’ll see if Kevin Durant goes along with that in training camp.

I agree with this conclusion.  BKN does not want to trade Durant and never did.

“Marks is still asking for the world; that won’t change,” one front office executive texted late last week. “They could call his bluff and make him come to camp. I can’t see him sitting out.” – via Sam Amick @ The Athletic