Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 60616 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2022, 08:46:11 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Denver may have all the pieces to get Durant
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2022, 08:50:06 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

A lot of teams have the pieces, but no one wants him for anywhere near the price the Nets are asking.  If there were teams who wanted to pony up, it’d be a done deal.  But outside of some message board posters, no one really thinks that what the Nets want makes any sense if you’re trying to build a team.

« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2022, 08:54:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

A lot of teams have the pieces, but no one wants him for anywhere near the price the Nets are asking.  If there were teams who wanted to pony up, it’d be a done deal.  But outside of some message board posters, no one really thinks that what the Nets want makes any sense if you’re trying to build a team.

I think the Celtics are one of the few teams that could come close to the Nets asking price, and still have a dominant team left over.

I just don't think they have any desire to bid against themselves.  Until another team can beat Brown + White + #1, why add Smart, Grant and another first?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2022, 09:00:02 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
It is funny to hear people taking about Horford as a player that is defining our "window".  This is after the trade to get him was deemed "giving up a draft pick to dump Kemba Walker".   I guess that pick got us out of Kemba, got us a key piece that is defining our title window, and if you are keeping score, got a piece we traded for Josh Richardson.

Anyway, I have no sympathy for Durant.  He made this bed and now he wants out.  If I was BKN, I would trade Durant to Sacramento or some other dead end place.  The Nets have no reason to trade him to an in division rival that is a title contender.  That makes no sense.  It is bad precedence and bad for the Nets self interest.

« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2022, 09:40:24 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
How about Sabonis, Barnes, Mitchell (or Keegan Murray?) plus 3 firsts for Durant?  You are not going to do much better than SAC first round picks.

Kyrie
Harris
Warren
Simmons
Sabonis

The Nets are never going to "win" a trade with Durant but if Durant thinks BKN is mismanaged, then see how he likes it in SAC.  I actually doubt that BKN has reached the point where they really want to trade Durant.  They are probably getting real close now though with this latest chatter.  I predict that they either reach a point where they do accept a trade like this or they don't trade him.  There will be no "king's ransom" trade, just a SAC Kings type of ransom.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:47:58 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2022, 09:53:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
How about Sabonis, Barnes, Mitchell (or Keegan Murray?) plus 3 firsts for Durant?  You are not going to do much better than SAC first round picks.

Kyrie
Harris
Warren
Simmons
Sabonis

The Nets are never going to "win" a trade with Durant but if Durant thinks BKN is mismanaged, then see how he likes it in SAC.  I actually doubt that BKN has reached the point where they really want to trade Durant.  They are probably getting real close now though with this latest chatter.  I predict that they either reach a point where they do accept a trade like this or they don't trade him.  There will be no "king's ransom" trade, just a SAC Kings type of ransom.

Would Durant report to Sacramento?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2022, 10:00:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Warriors make most sense to me. Different conference. KD can mend fences. Team would be heavy favorite to repeat. Would involve Wiggins, the two rooks, Wiseman and picks.

Edit: Would have to route Wiggins to 3rd team. Would Celtics consider Wiggins plus Wiseman and send Brown to Nets in 3 team deal?

« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2022, 10:01:50 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm not sure I'd want Durant for Brown straight up.  I don't think I want another Drama Queen after the Cryee BS. 

« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2022, 10:06:01 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Agree 110%

« Reply #399 on: August 09, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Warriors make most sense to me. Different conference. KD can mend fences. Team would be heavy favorite to repeat. Would involve Wiggins, the two rooks, Wiseman and picks.

Edit: Would have to route Wiggins to 3rd team. Would Celtics consider Wiggins plus Wiseman and send Brown to Nets in 3 team deal?

No, the Celtics would not consider this.

« Reply #400 on: August 09, 2022, 10:29:23 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
seems like the price for durant should drop the longer this goes on

why would a team give up a lot for him? the nets have no choice but to deal him. they are going to be forced to take far less than he's actually worth

« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2022, 10:37:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So watching Durant's burn everyone who did what he wanted demand, how many GM/Coaching duos want to take that chance on?   

I mean if they are desperate, sure.   

« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Kyrie
Harris
Warren
Simmons
Sabonis

Would Durant report to Sacramento?
and why would Sacramento do that?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2022, 10:51:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Thankfully.

I think that people's opinion of Wiggins' is overinflated by a very good Finals, and a good first half of the year that got him an all-star nod.  But, after the all-star game, he averaged 15.7 / 5.1 / 2.4 with a .505 TS% (which is terrible).

I can't imagine if we traded JB and received that type of production in return.

« Reply #404 on: August 09, 2022, 11:00:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Thankfully.

I think that people's opinion of Wiggins' is overinflated by a very good Finals, and a good first half of the year that got him an all-star nod.  But, after the all-star game, he averaged 15.7 / 5.1 / 2.4 with a .505 TS% (which is terrible).

I can't imagine if we traded JB and received that type of production in return.

Also the Celtics already have their Center for now and the future.   I don't think Wiseman would be enticing enough.