Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 59387 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I don’t think brown is in anyway untouchable.  But I’m not trading him with much else for a 34 year old kd.  I just feel like the cliff is in sight.

Re: Cs among teams in talks with BKN
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2022, 09:49:35 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
The only way this happens is if JB tells Brad he doesn’t plan to resign with the Cs?
I agree with this.

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2022, 09:50:17 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
article reeks of a Nets desperation move to get a bigger package for Durant from someone (and sow discord in the C's locker room) rather than a legit story that the C's actually made that offer.

If the story came from one of the 10,000 other beat reporters I'd agree with you. The fact that it's coming from Woj and Shams has to make you believe its legitimate

That the Nets asked for Brown? Sure. We have no reason to doubt that. That the C's are willing to include Brown in a swap for KD? That's harder to say based on what we have.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2022, 09:50:39 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This is kyrie all over again.  And it will be the same result

Ya know I forgot we got brogdon and danillo.  This might work

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2022, 09:50:42 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Brown, Smart and three number ones.  Boston gets Durant.

The rotation player I am throwing in is PP.

I don’t care about late round 1st rounders.

I love Jaylen Brown’s game. It’s aggressive and electric.

I love Marcus Smart’s game. Guy is a junkyard dog.

We already have a player that prefers to be passive by taking long 2s. His name is Jayson Tatum. KD is older and grumpier.

JB’s game is also reckless and inconsistent. Handles are incredibly poor and he lacks a solid basketball IQ. How many times have we seen him drive into four players and turn it over. Losing brown wouldn’t bother me…esp if there are indications he won’t resign.

Rather keep smart if they could.

What are the indications that JB won’t sign? I haven’t heard this from anyone in the know.

I love JBs reckless nature. I think he will improve his ball handling.

I don’t think KD is a ball handler.

Not sure what JB has told Brad. But I’m sure Stevens has gotten an indication of what he might want and might do.

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2022, 09:52:15 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Honestly if Marcus Smart is the player that is preventing this from happening I'm somewhat shocked.

I'd argue that White is more valuable if we get KD. Smart and KD in the same locker room to me would be a ticking time bomb. No chance those two can coexist.

White knows his role on this team, and with a core of KD and Tatum we need guys that are just that - those who know their roles.. Smart unfortunately is not, and has never been that player.

Again, i would NOT trade Jaylen for KD to begin with - but now I feel like we are forced to. If Smart is the piece preventing it from happening, if everything else is equal, to me is idiotic.

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Agree. Why would a malcontent change? What is different about Boston? KD went on Bill Simmons’ podcast a couple of years ago to say that he never actually considered Boston. What has changed? Why would he want to join just Tatum and Brogdon?

It doesn’t make sense why Boston would want to bend over backwards for KD. It doesn’t make sense that KD finally has fallen in love with Boston and will want to stay.

Let BKN trade him to PHX or Miami and ruin their chemistry.

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2022, 09:54:10 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
For me, if JB says he won’t or isn’t sure if he will re-up year after next, you make the trade. Otherwise you don’t. 

JB, White, Grant and a 1-2 firsts or JB, Smart and 1 first round pick for KD.

I hope that JB wants to be in Boston long term, but my gut is telling me that he doesn’t.  :-\
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2022, 09:54:17 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I understand the sentiment but I don’t see KI and KD being 2 peas in a pod. I’m not a big KD fan in terms of how he’s handled his career but as a player the guy is an all-time great and he’s still near the top of his game.  And while KI appears (to me) to have some ongoing MH challenges that invariably cause problems, I don’t really see that with KD.

KD and JT on the court together would be an opposing team’s nightmare - never mind with Brogdon too.  JT and JB together was great but manageable… but how do you stop these two 6’10 offensive juggernauts?

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2022, 09:57:42 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Honestly if Marcus Smart is the player that is preventing this from happening I'm somewhat shocked.

I'd argue that White is more valuable if we get KD. Smart and KD in the same locker room to me would be a ticking time bomb. No chance those two can coexist.

White knows his role on this team, and with a core of KD and Tatum we need guys that are just that - those who know their roles.. Smart unfortunately is not, and has never been that player.

Again, i would NOT trade Jaylen for KD to begin with - but now I feel like we are forced to. If Smart is the piece preventing it from happening, if everything else is equal, to me is idiotic.

That’s why I think this really may happen. It doesn’t seem that the counter is far off from the original offer - if the reporting is accurate. Seems to me if both sides want something to happen they’re close enough that it will.

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2022, 09:57:53 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

I understand the sentiment but I don’t see KI and KD being 2 peas in a pod. I’m not a big KD fan in terms of how he’s handled his career but as a player the guy is an all-time great and he’s still near the top of his game.  And while KI appears (to me) to have some ongoing MH challenges that invariably cause problems, I don’t really see that with KD.

KD and JT on the court together would be an opposing team’s nightmare - never mind with Brogdon too.  JT and JB together was great but manageable… but how do you stop these two 6’10 offensive juggernauts?

Not sure about JT, but I think Ime has a good idea how to sweep a KD led squad. Trade away our backbone (JB and Marcus) and we get to see soft basketball again.

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The fact the Nets would turn that down for a 34 year old Durant is telling. Another FO trying to dig themselves out of their own demise.

Yeah, that is just crazy. They got KD for free in the first place (Russell s&t wasn't necessary). The fact that we are offering up a young all-star, very good role player, and a pick is huge for them. KD isn't 28.

If I'm the Cs, I hold steady. BKN needs to compete over the next few years since they don't have any of their own picks. Sure, they can acquire some late picks from another team who will then have KD, but it could be a Tatum/Brown/Sexton situation all over again if they suck.

KD/Curry for Brown/White/1st. If it takes another 1st to get the deal done, then I probably fold and do it, but we need to keep Smart on the Cs.

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2022, 10:01:01 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

That’s why I think this really may happen. It doesn’t seem that the counter is far off from the original offer - if the reporting is accurate. Seems to me if both sides want something to happen they’re close enough that it will.

The thing thats ironic is how there have been multiple reports through the years of Smart and Brown clashing and not getting along, again speculation but with enough 'evidence' that kind of backs the theory.

The Nets want to keep them paired? If the goal is to get (and retain) Brown - you want to trade him with the guy he already can't stand?

Thats why the Nets are the Nets.

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2022, 10:01:06 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm in the "I don't trade Brown unless I'm certain that he isn't resigning" camp.

But I also remember that one of the reasons that we signed Big Al is that during Durant 1.0, he said that he wanted to play with Horford. Maybe that helps with the chemistry.

Mike

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2022, 10:03:34 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
Do the deal