Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 60357 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #465 on: August 10, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wonder, if it was permissible under NBA rules, if Brooklyn would offer Durant + Simmons for Tatum.

I bet they would.  And, I think the Celtics would turn it down.  There's a universe where that trade makes the Celtics substantially better in the short-term, but there's just way too much risk.

Horford / Timelord
Simmons / Gallinari
Durant / Williams
Brown / White
Smart / Brogdon / Pritchard

If that team reached its full potential and stayed healthy, it could realistically go Fo-Fo-Fo-Fo.

Durant plus Simmons represent about $78 million next year ($43 million plus $34.5M).

Tatum is going to be paid $30.4M. We’d need to kick in major salary to make the trade work. Assuming we don’t add Brown, I think it’s got to include Horford and then maybe others (can’t do the math right now.)

Gotta read, my friend. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #466 on: August 10, 2022, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Kevin Durant sees the Celtics as a desired landing spot.

Durant also would like to play with Marcus Smart if he's traded to the Celtics (via @IanBegley) https://on.sny.tv/I48lGWh

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1557403765858263040?t=0mH38tdpgzaYwE5shiGtlA&s=19

Where there's smoke...

Edit: Missed jbpats post.

« Reply #467 on: August 10, 2022, 02:11:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Durant also would like to play with Marcus Smart if he's traded to the Celtics (via @IanBegley) https://on.sny.tv/I48lGWh

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1557403765858263040?t=0mH38tdpgzaYwE5shiGtlA&s=19

Where there's smoke...
should have signed here as a FA when he could have instead of colluding with Dumpster Fire Irving to go to Brooklyn then.

« Reply #468 on: August 10, 2022, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
From the Yahoo Sports article:

It’s important to note that while Durant may indeed be increasingly open to new destinations after asking out and getting little traction, he has little in the way of leverage to force the situation.

I will be stunned if Durant starts the season on the Celtics.  Durant has lost his mind if this comment about Smart is true.  So Durant wants to be traded, traded only to certain teams, and he is trying to dictate which players are included in the trade?

« Reply #469 on: August 10, 2022, 02:40:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It’s important to note that while Durant may indeed be increasingly open to new destinations after asking out and getting little traction, he has little in the way of leverage to force the situation.

I will be stunned if Durant starts the season on the Celtics.  Durant has lost his mind if this comment about Smart is true.  So Durant wants to be traded, traded only to certain teams, and he is trying to dictate which players are included in the trade?

It's the standard tactic -- trade me, but don't get too much of a return or I'll balk.  It's the ultimate way that a player screws his former franchise. 

But, here is one of the few times (as you and the article note) that the player doesn't have any leverage.  Of course, Ben Simmons didn't have any leverage, either, and he forced a trade.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #470 on: August 10, 2022, 02:41:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Where there's smoke...

This reminds me of Harden’s list growing when he wanted to be traded from Houston. Boston eventually included. When he realized that it would increase his chances of being traded.

« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell

It's the standard tactic -- trade me, but don't get too much of a return or I'll balk.  It's the ultimate way that a player screws his former franchise. 

But, here is one of the few times (as you and the article note) that the player doesn't have any leverage.  Of course, Ben Simmons didn't have any leverage, either, and he forced a trade.

Paul George had no leverage with the Thunder when Kawhi and the Clippers came knocking. At least from the outside, that situation seemed far more civil though.

« Reply #472 on: August 10, 2022, 02:45:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Paul George had no leverage with the Thunder when Kawhi and the Clippers came knocking. At least from the outside, that situation seemed far more civil though.

I think that's in part because the Clippers paid through the nose, at least based upon the usual return at the time.

« Reply #473 on: August 10, 2022, 02:48:29 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell

Where there's smoke...

This reminds me of Harden’s list growing when he wanted to be traded from Houston. Boston eventually included. When he realized that it would increase his chances of being traded.

Conversely from a value stand point there are really only 2 teams that are capable of putting together true top notch offers for Durant and that is Boston for Jaylen Brown and New Orleans for Brandon Ingram. If Durant had to choose between those 2 teams, I think he picks Tatum with Smart over unproven Zion with CJ McCollum.

« Reply #474 on: August 10, 2022, 02:49:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
One thing about KDs demands is he at least offered a way he would stay. This truly is all how Nets treated Irving. Nash threw him under the bus, Marks wouldn't resign him. KD wants them out and Irving still there or he wants out.

KD can do one hell of a clean up job for Irving if he comes here. All he has to say is, Irving recommended coming here cause Boston fans are passionate. And just like that Irving will see less hate.

« Reply #475 on: August 10, 2022, 02:52:11 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Kevin Durant:

Sign DeAndre Jordan
Sign Kyrie Irving
Start DeAndre over Jarrett Allen
Fire Kenny Atkinson
Hire Steve Nash
Trade Allen & Caris LeVert for Harden

Brooklyn Nets:

Okay, we just want Kyrie to show up

Kevin Durant:

Okay, well fire Nash & Sean Marks or trade me

—————————

It never ends with this guy.

I’m still flummoxed that he cops no where near the level of criticism from the media that he should.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 02:59:51 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #476 on: August 10, 2022, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2022, 03:16:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
One thing about KDs demands is he at least offered a way he would stay. This truly is all how Nets treated Irving. Nash threw him under the bus, Marks wouldn't resign him. KD wants them out and Irving still there or he wants out.

KD can do one hell of a clean up job for Irving if he comes here. All he has to say is, Irving recommended coming here cause Boston fans are passionate. And just like that Irving will see less hate.

Didn't KD say not that long ago that he would not want to play in Boston because of what Kyrie told him what it was like playing there? 

« Reply #478 on: August 10, 2022, 03:28:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Didn't KD say not that long ago that he would not want to play in Boston because of what Kyrie told him what it was like playing there?
I only remember him saying he didn't want to play here again because of how fans were with Irving.

« Reply #479 on: August 10, 2022, 03:35:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

I only remember him saying he didn't want to play here again because of how fans were with Irving.

Wait until he gets a load of Philly fans!