Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 60473 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2022, 01:31:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Now Shams is different, he flat out states the packages offered. but he isn't getting that from the C's, he's getting it from the Nets because there's no way the c's want this leaked.

While probably true, that doesn't make the reporting inaccurate.

No, it does not. But a grain of salt is necessary. All i'm saying is A) Only Shams has reported that the c's offered Brown, Woj has been very careful not to do that B) Both Shams and Woj clearly getting this info from the Nets side, and the info clearly benefits the nets agenda.

Its entirely possible everything Shams has said is correct, and there might still be only a 1% chance Boston trade brown for KD. The windy reporting that these discussions are weeks old, and the moves they've made since, make it seem like they are very happy with the sate of their team and not looking to make a huge move. Unless Brown does get traded we may never know.

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2022, 01:44:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
JB tweeted out, “SMH” about an hour and a half ago

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2022, 01:47:02 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Mark Murphy: Source on Jaylen Brown’s reaction to trade rumors: “He loves it in Boston. He was two games away from a championship. He’s happy and looking forward to coming back. … Like Kawhi, AD and others on that level, he’s going to be included in every report because of who he is.”

This was posted above but doesn't it feel like the Shams leak was from the Nets and this is a counter leak by the Celtics to attempt to throw cold water on it?

Smart gets included in trade talk every season (although not so much lately).  I hope Brown is able to deal with this for what it is, part of the job.

The good news is that based on this, he is not disgruntled as so many were sure he was, in fact he loves it in Boston, according to this.

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2022, 01:51:56 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
JB tweeted out, “SMH” about an hour and a half ago

He also posted an IG story from Spain around the same time too. Maybe he's going to leave the NBA to join the Spanish League?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2022, 01:52:17 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
If KD is worth it (he's not), why would JB make a decision to not resign based solely on his inclusion in trade talks? If KD is truly a top 3 player (he's not), wouldn't JB be willing to acknowledge that this is a business and be flattered that he's being compared to an all time great (he is)?

I don't think a lot of NBA players think like this, especially all-stars.

I’m saying that is not going to be the only reason that JB wants to leave.

« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2022, 01:55:14 PM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
If KD is traded for JB, Marcus Smart, etc I will be bummed. If JB really hates Boston, then you should trade him. IMO, KD’s stock has definitely dropped since he left GS.

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2022, 02:02:01 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
If KD is worth it (he's not), why would JB make a decision to not resign based solely on his inclusion in trade talks? If KD is truly a top 3 player (he's not), wouldn't JB be willing to acknowledge that this is a business and be flattered that he's being compared to an all time great (he is)?

I don't think a lot of NBA players think like this, especially all-stars.

I’m saying that is not going to be the only reason that JB wants to leave.

Yeah, I think the point is that if Jaylen is going to want out just because of a trade rumor, from a place that he otherwise is reported to love, and has a chance to win a title, where in the NBA is he going to go that he is going to want to stay?  There are rouge trade rumors everywhere.

There was this narrative that he was disgruntled because he didn't want to be "Robin", and that this is how all top players would think, so of course this is how Jaylen must think (all because of a tweet with a picture of him with Kyrie).  Now this has completely shifted and now he is going to want out because his name came up in a trade rumor involving a player (Durant) about whom there have been rumors from about every team in the league.

That sound you heard was the crane moving the goal posts on this Jaylen wants out narrative.

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2022, 02:07:47 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Mark Murphy: Source on Jaylen Brown’s reaction to trade rumors: “He loves it in Boston. He was two games away from a championship. He’s happy and looking forward to coming back. … Like Kawhi, AD and others on that level, he’s going to be included in every report because of who he is.”

This was posted above but doesn't it feel like the Shams leak was from the Nets and this is a counter leak by the Celtics to attempt to throw cold water on it?

Smart gets included in trade talk every season (although not so much lately).  I hope Brown is able to deal with this for what it is, part of the job.

The good news is that based on this, he is not disgruntled as so many were sure he was, in fact he loves it in Boston, according to this.

Literally all the guy has ever said is "I love playing in Boston" and "I want to win with this team." Everybody just kind of assumes he must want to be "the guy" and so must want to leave, even tho being a 30% usage guy on a NBA title contender in a high visibility franchise that can offer him the most money on his next contract is a pretty good argument to stay. 

« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2022, 02:13:14 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
As I've said many times, Marcus Smart is the guy that is similar value (arguably higher) than what other teams have/can offer, as their primary piece, not Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2022, 02:17:09 PM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
As I've said many times, Marcus Smart is the guy that is similar value (arguably higher) than what other teams have/can offer, as their primary piece, not Jaylen Brown.

Agree. Where are the Jimmy Butler/Bam rumors? Or Booker/Bridges offers? I keep reading stuff like Herro, Robinson, etc for KD.

Young all star plus DPOY for aging malcontent? Nope.

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2022, 02:20:06 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Agree. Where are the Jimmy Butler/Bam rumors? Or Booker/Bridges offers? I keep reading stuff like Herro, Robinson, etc for KD.

Yeah.  I at least want to hear about Brandon Ingram, DeVonte Graham, and some Lakers picks as an offer New Orleans makes.

« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2022, 03:09:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Still think Brown wants to be the guy. He’s never going to be the guy in Boston.
I agree with this. Unless this team changes this year and he gets more say I am sure he will listen to other team's offers. Nets are a great opportunity right now for him if they go rebuild. JB could get 30 shots a night and lead the league in scoring.

« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2022, 03:23:10 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
KD-Tatum would instantly form the best duo in the NBA. Worst case scenario a top 3 duo behind LeBron-AD, Kawhi-George (assuming AD and Kawhi return to their top form).

KD and Tatum are shot creators: They can create their own shot, plus they can create shots for their teammates. Brown is a scorer: He can create his own shot. He cannot consistently create shots for his teammates. The way I see it, Brown is overrated on this board. He leaves a lot to be desired in the half court.

Not sure how many pick(s) I'd be willing to throw in, but I hope the trade goes through.

« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Interesting bit of trivia - if KD does end up with the Cs, it will have been the second time in his career he joined a team that had beaten him the year prior  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2022, 03:29:38 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Not sure your point here? Teams can offer what they want, clearly the ones like Herro/Robinson aren't being considered.
BAM can't be traded to brooklyn because of the Rose rule, not because the Heat wouldn't do it.