Author Topic: Miles Bridges was arrested for felony domestic violence in Los Angeles  (Read 10282 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah there are obvious differences, but the Deshaun Watson case, now this. YIKES. And what's even worse is that these guys can still get contracts probably and play at some point. Hell, Watson got 230M guaranteed despite all the cases...

True, but Bridges wife has photo’s of injuries sustained from assault, a doctors report stating that the patient sustained injuries from assault and a video of their son stating that his dad choked his mom. Watson is also a POS, but unfortunately none of his accusers had this sort of ammunition to use in court. Hopefully Silver makes an example out of Miles.

Additionally, while the police investigated Watson, I'm pretty sure he was never charged.  Bridges has been arrested and charged with a felony, and at least the early indication is that his accuser is unlikely to relent.  Convictions are a lot more difficult to wave away than civil suits, and they carry with them the likelihood the player won't even be available to perform, regardless of league discipline.
There is also a big difference between beating the crap out of someone and perhaps pressuring someone into voluntarily getting you off.  Out of all of the Watson lawsuits, only 2 sought criminal charges and they were dropped at the grand jury stage (which means there is basically no evidence of a crime).  If they can't even get past a grand jury, then it just doesn't rise to the level of crime.  Sure Watson is a creepy perv, but it doesn't make him a criminal.

Caveat there: some of the women may have not wanted to go through the criminal process, which can be a bit more intense than simply settling a civil lawsuit.  I believe some of the civil complaints alleged something other than voluntary contact.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Miles Bridges needs to be out of the nba
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2022, 12:04:34 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I know people read the headline, but more details have come out on this. Warning there are some graphic photos on this article, but I think this is an important read:

https://www.theroot.com/playing-in-the-nba-is-a-privilege-and-miles-bridges-re-1849134622/amp

In a situation like we had with rondo, there wasn’t evidence and photos like this. I think this is pretty cut and dry and don’t want to support this guy playing for anyone next season.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 04:31:59 AM by Redz »

Re: Bridges needs to be out of the nba
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2022, 12:14:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Agreed. Belongs in jail
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2022, 02:13:55 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
We really need to delineate that when people think of the name Bridges now, they think of Mikal Bridges, not Miles Bridges. Recommend changing the subject line to clarify.

Miles belongs off the court for a long time. Mikal is a defensive boss I’d love to have on our court.

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2022, 02:48:53 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Terrible,  terrible situation with Bridges. This might be worse than the Ray Rice assault. Big moment for Adam Silver.

And from a basketball standpoint Charlotte seems to be cursed.

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2022, 04:05:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
He needs to be thrown out..awful..Ray Rice was thrown out NFL
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Miles Bridges needs to be out of the nba
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2022, 05:22:29 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I'm curious to see if Adam Silver will live up to the league's reputation as being at the forefront of social justice. I think he and the league's lawyers are just working out the due process implications of suspending Bridges before they do it. The circumstantial evidence is pretty [dang]ing - that video from Bridges' kid saying "Daddy choked mommy - they were fighting again" and saying it in such a casual way (like he was used to it") is heartbreaking. The guy needs to get help and he needs to be out of the league while he gets it.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Miles Bridges career may have just ended.
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2022, 07:57:42 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Charlotte Hornets expected to pull their qualifying offer, making Bridges an unrestricted free agent, after he was charged with felony domestic violence.

Insane. This man may be blackballed from the NBA, wouldn't be surprised. He may have just cost himself tens of millions of dollars.

LaMelo and his camp may already be looking at exit strategies [speculation]. Yikes.

Re: Miles Bridges career may have just ended.
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2022, 08:00:30 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
He was due for a massive raise after having his best season ever last year. It’s all down the drain now.

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2022, 08:02:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Nah. He'll take a financial hit this year, rehab his reputation on a smaller deal and get back to earning ... so long as he doesn't end up in prison which will lead to a spell with no earnings followed by a small prove it to be contract and then back to earning.

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2022, 08:07:12 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Nah. He'll take a financial hit this year, rehab his reputation on a smaller deal and get back to earning ... so long as he doesn't end up in prison which will lead to a spell with no earnings followed by a small prove it to be contract and then back to earning.

I don't think any owner is going to want to touch him with a ten foot pole any time soon. Lakers may be the only team desperate enough haha.

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
I wonder sometimes if performance enhancing drugs, which are probably causing some of these guys’ testosterone levels to go through the roof, are partly to blame for some of these instances. The NFL’s domestic violence problem is, I think, mostly that coupled with the effects of head trauma. I’m not excusing Bridges, but when I see a muscle bound player who’s the most athletic guy on the floor most nights and hear his anger flew out of control, I can’t help make the association.

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2022, 09:52:46 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Charlotte Hornets expected to pull their qualifying offer, making Bridges an unrestricted free agent, after he was charged with felony domestic violence.

Insane. This man may be blackballed from the NBA, wouldn't be surprised. He may have just cost himself tens of millions of dollars.
I would say high tens. He would’ve commanded 4 years $100 million. Now he’s lucky to get one year at $10 million. And, who knows if gets hurt. Nothing is guaranteed.

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2022, 11:03:18 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I think prison is not out of the question.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2022, 11:07:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think prison is not out of the question.

I would be surprised.  First time offenders with great attorneys generally don’t serve prison time for DV.  I hope I’m wrong.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes