Author Topic: Donte DiVincenzo  (Read 3508 times)

Donte DiVincenzo
« on: June 29, 2022, 10:20:10 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Unrestricted.

Had a weird disrupted year, so his stock is low, but has demonstrated a talent for excellent physical defense. Shot about league-average from 3 the last couple of years; high steal %s; last season a FTr of .247, and shoots them at a AA clip (.843).

Potential for outstanding value.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Re: Donte DiVincenzo
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 10:34:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
C’s have enough 6’4” guards. He’s an average shooter as well. Team needs a wing.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 10:46:22 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
C’s have enough 6’4” guards. He’s an average shooter as well. Team needs a wing.

I don't understand what you're saying. He's a wing. Current thinking divides players into ballhandlers, wings, swings, and bigs. We know that Brad Stevens thinks in these terms - although he subsequently left out swings.

An outstanding defender who shoots league average from three and gets to the line is a valuable commodity.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 10:53:02 PM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 10:49:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
DiVincenzo would be a great pickup.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 10:50:12 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I don't understand what you're saying. He's a wing.

An outstanding defender who shoots league average from three and gets to the line is a valuable commodity.

Basketball reference lists him at 6’4” as a shooting guard. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/divindo01.html

I agree he’s physical so maybe he can guard up some, but height is height.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 10:52:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I want him. Good addition. Fills a need. We need a solid wing player.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 10:57:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Basketball reference lists him at 6’4” as a shooting guard. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/divindo01.html

I agree he’s physical so maybe he can guard up some, but height is height.

He's only an inch shorter than Nesmith...

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 10:58:15 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton

We're in an era when we're still using terms from the 1950's, even as the game has fundamentally evolved away from those terms having any meaning.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 11:03:52 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
The Celtics were very interested in Donte at the trade deadline, and it would be surprising to me that he didn’t get a QO except that Sacramento always changes it’s mind every three months, after giving up a 2nd for him.

He seems like a legit target with the MLE.  He was playing great for Milwaukee before he got hurt during their title run a year ago.  It was a bad injury.  Hopefully another summer of rehab can get him back on track.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
I want him. Good addition. Fills a need. We need a solid wing player.

He's likely available for bargain money, so he's an opportunity to add depth while still pursuing more valuable players.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 11:07:29 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
The Celtics were very interested in Donte at the trade deadline, and it would be surprising to me that he didn’t get a QO except that Sacramento always changes it’s mind every three months, after giving up a 2nd for him.

He seems like a legit target with the MLE.  He was playing great for Milwaukee before he got hurt during their title run a year ago.  It was a bad injury.  Hopefully another summer of rehab can get him back on track.

Sac declined the QO - or is that what you meant?

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 11:10:36 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Sac declined the QO.

Yes, I know.  I’m saying I’m surprised he didn’t get it, because he should have, except that Sacramento makes nonsensical decisions always so of course they declined it.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 11:13:39 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton

Sac declined the QO.

Yes, I know.  I’m saying I’m surprised he didn’t get it, because he should have, except that Sacramento makes nonsensical decisions always so of course they declined it.

Equally we ought to take what a player does playing for that dysfuctional franchise with a grain of salt. His defense was way below his standard, though as you were perhaps pointing to he's been playing at less than 100%.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 11:50:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

I don't understand what you're saying. He's a wing. Current thinking divides players into ballhandlers, wings, swings, and bigs. We know that Brad Stevens thinks in these terms - although he subsequently left out swings.

He’s not a wing. He’s a 6’4” SG. C’s need someone 6’6”+ that can backup Tatum. Donte Is not that guy.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2022, 06:48:48 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I’m meh on him..we need height cause Al is older & can’t depend on TimeLord health
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin