Author Topic: Are we doing this again?  (Read 5127 times)

Re: Are we doing this again?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
If they sign Gallinari after he is released and can nab Kennard with the TPE, I say off season well done.
I hope we do better than that. Two guys who don’t play defense well.

Did you actually watch the Clippers last year?  Kennard’s defense isn’t great, but it’s playable.  Gallinari’s isn’t, I grant.

Ughh.

We just watched as the Celtics made it to the finals by having their first 8 guys all be excellent defenders. Pritchard was the only "playable", as a ninth guy, and I sincerely hope we shed him too.

We don't have a MVP level superstar. Tatum might get there some day, but I doubt it. We have a killer defense instead.

No playable guys need apply. Break that, and we don't have the kind of elite offensive players to be top tier.

Forget about Kennard, or Duncan Robinson or any of the other average or below defenders. I'm pretty sure that's what Stevens is doing, and I think he's absolutely right to do it.

Who were the first 8 if Pritchard was 9? I believe we mostly only played 7 with an 8th guy getting some spot minutes. I'd like if we had at least 10 playable guys or more.

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2022, 06:59:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I wasn't even that high on Burks but it's an example of passing on a vet addition and then tell folks about how you could've done it.

"According to MassLive’s Brian Robb, however, the Celtics had their chance to trade for Burks before he landed in Detroit. Instead, the Celtics turned down a Knicks offer earlier this month. If acquired, Burks would have fit into Boston’s $17.1 million traded player exception that is set to expire July 18. Reports previously surfaced noting the Celtics showed interest in Burks.

“From Brad Stevens’ perspective, this choice was likely a calculated gamble about the team finding something better with their bigger TPE in the next two weeks,” Robb wrote Wednesday. “The Celtics obviously weren’t willing to close the door on other potential options by taking in Burks, which would have used a huge chunk ($10 million) of their biggest TPE.”

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Patty Mills became a free agent. He’d be a nice get as a third/fourth guard behind Smart, JB, and White. He’d play very well off of White off the bench with his shooting.

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2022, 07:09:07 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Patty Mills became a free agent. He’d be a nice get as a third/fourth guard behind Smart, JB, and White. He’d play very well off of White off the bench with his shooting.

Mills got burnt out by the Nets fiasco last season playing more minutes than ever before both for the season and per game. He shot 40% from beyond the arc anyhow.

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2022, 07:09:15 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
If they sign Gallinari after he is released and can nab Kennard with the TPE, I say off season well done.

Did you actually watch the Clippers last year?  Kennard’s defense isn’t great, but it’s playable.  Gallinari’s isn’t, I grant.

Ughh.

We just watched as the Celtics made it to the finals by having their first 8 guys all be excellent defenders. Pritchard was the only "playable", as a ninth guy, and I sincerely hope we shed him too.

We don't have a MVP level superstar. Tatum might get there some day, but I doubt it. We have a killer defense instead.

No playable guys need apply. Break that, and we don't have the kind of elite offensive players to be top tier.

Forget about Kennard, or Duncan Robinson or any of the other average or below defenders. I'm pretty sure that's what Stevens is doing, and I think he's absolutely right to do it.

Celtics blog has to be the only site that doesn’t think Tatum is a superstar.

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2022, 07:27:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Ughh.

Celtics blog has to be the only site that doesn’t think Tatum is a superstar.

I think Tatum and Brown are both stars.

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2022, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Are the Celtics doing the thing where they get their names connected to every deal and then do nothing so they can say they tried? It seems so familiar.

Fireworks etc....still waiting on a PG to save this team...sigh
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2022, 07:33:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Are the Celtics doing the thing where they get their names connected to every deal and then do nothing so they can say they tried? It seems so familiar.

They do this every year to sell season tickets and they wonder why fans call BS on it.

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2022, 07:35:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

They do this every year to sell season tickets and they wonder why fans call BS on it.

Good Lord, guys. Free agency literally hasn’t even started yet.

Not sure why we’re going crazy over not paying a huge ransom for another defensive-minded guard who’s a questionable fit with the Jays.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2022, 07:35:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m going to save my panic until the TPE expires and all of the MLE free agents sign elsewhere.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2022, 07:41:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I’m going to save my panic until the TPE expires and all of the MLE free agents sign elsewhere.

I'm just trying to prepare myself.  ;)

I'll be overjoyed if they sign some vets. I really just want this team to be deeper than last year.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2022, 07:43:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Good Lord, guys. Free agency literally hasn’t even started yet.

Not sure why we’re going crazy over not paying a huge ransom for another defensive-minded guard who’s a questionable fit with the Jays.

I'm hoping for them doing it better this year than in years past. It's time to go all in!

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2022, 07:44:31 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

This

Murry is a nice player, but I don't know if he moves the needled too much since you'd have to move of one of Smart or White(theres a reason they traded White) and I don't like the line up of Murry/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams. Shooting doesn't get better.

WE should be looking at Al's replacement and scoring off the bench. Tomorrow is when things will start really flying, and the C's could take advantage of bad teams who don't get better who will cut decent players to tank.

I also agree with Stevens not moving pieces cause some thing looks shinny. He's been in the locker rooms after trades and how it effect guys, or seen a skilled player turn the team upside down.

BUT.... If they don't spend and there were guys that were gettable, ownership should be held accountable, they said they gave BS the green light, gotta prov it.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2022, 07:48:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

This

Murry is a nice player, but I don't know if he moves the needled too much since you'd have to move of one of Smart or White(theres a reason they traded White) and I don't like the line up of Murry/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams. Shooting doesn't get better.

WE should be looking at Al's replacement and scoring off the bench. Tomorrow is when things will start really flying, and the C's could take advantage of bad teams who don't get better who will cut decent players to tank.

I also agree with Stevens not moving pieces cause some thing looks shinny. He's been in the locker rooms after trades and how it effect guys, or seen a skilled player turn the team upside down.

BUT.... If they don't spend and there were guys that were gettable, ownership should be held accountable, they said they gave BS the green light, gotta prov it.

Yeah, green means go!

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2022, 08:45:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I hate most of BS's moves but they got to the finals. Maybe if I hate everything this year they win it all.