Author Topic: Are we doing this again?  (Read 5167 times)

Re: Are we doing this again?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 06:27:23 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
If they sign Gallinari after he is released and can nab Kennard with the TPE, I say off season well done.
I hope we do better than that. Two guys who don’t play defense well.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2022, 06:28:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Who knows. I just hope if we can see the bench is not good enough then Brad and company see it.

I know they want to develop within but I don’t see anything in Nesmith and Hauser seems like a good g league player.

It has to improve.

You'd have to play Nesmith and Hauser to develop them.

I don’t know why you consistently lump Hauser, who was a 2-way player for half the year and then injured a bit when he wasn’t, in with Nesmith, in terms of Ime not playing them.

Because of Brad’s comments about looking to fill needs within. The overall need is wing shooting off the bench. There are only two guys that could remotely fill that in Nesmith and Hauser.

I think counting on Hauser to be a regular rotation player is not a good idea if Brad is actually leaning that way.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 06:29:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If they sign Gallinari after he is released and can nab Kennard with the TPE, I say off season well done.

I'll take a couple of guys that Ime will play. If he'll play these guys I'll take it.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 06:29:54 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
TJ Warren would be so perfect. They have to see this, come on Brad.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 06:30:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Who knows. I just hope if we can see the bench is not good enough then Brad and company see it.

I know they want to develop within but I don’t see anything in Nesmith and Hauser seems like a good g league player.

It has to improve.

You'd have to play Nesmith and Hauser to develop them.

I don’t know why you consistently lump Hauser, who was a 2-way player for half the year and then injured a bit when he wasn’t, in with Nesmith, in terms of Ime not playing them.

Because of Brad’s comments about looking to fill needs within. The overall need is wing shooting off the bench. There are only two guys that could remotely fill that in Nesmith and Hauser.

I think counting on Hauser to be a regular rotation player is not a good idea if Brad is actually leaning that way.

It doesn't matter what Brad wants it's what Ime wants. I'll take guys Ime will play.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2022, 06:32:10 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

On a 1 year prove it deal. He would get plenty of minutes.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2022, 06:33:11 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Did you actually watch the Clippers last year?  Kennard’s defense isn’t great, but it’s playable.  Gallinari’s isn’t, I grant.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2022, 06:35:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Donte DiVincenzo?

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2022, 06:35:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Donte DiVincenzo?

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2022, 06:37:45 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Are the Celtics doing the thing where they get their names connected to every deal and then do nothing so they can say they tried? It seems so familiar.

Can you cite any quote by any Celtic, particularly Stevens, that does this in any way?

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2022, 06:39:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:45:15 PM by liam »

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2022, 06:44:44 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Are the Celtics doing the thing where they get their names connected to every deal and then do nothing so they can say they tried? It seems so familiar.

I don't think it's them connecting their names to every deal...it's the agents and poop-stirring execs from other teams  :police:

This time of the year I don't believe anything unless it comes from Woj or Shams, and unless it's clearly a scoop and not their speculation. They are very careful to differentiate between the two.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2022, 06:47:48 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Big upside if he's recovered and can stay healthy. Sign me up

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2022, 06:48:54 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Did you actually watch the Clippers last year?  Kennard’s defense isn’t great, but it’s playable.  Gallinari’s isn’t, I grant.

Ughh.

We just watched as the Celtics made it to the finals by having their first 8 guys all be excellent defenders. Pritchard was the only "playable", as a ninth guy, and I sincerely hope we shed him too.

We don't have a MVP level superstar. Tatum might get there some day, but I doubt it. We have a killer defense instead.

No playable guys need apply. Break that, and we don't have the kind of elite offensive players to be top tier.

Forget about Kennard, or Duncan Robinson or any of the other average or below defenders. I'm pretty sure that's what Stevens is doing, and I think he's absolutely right to do it.

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2022, 06:50:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I don't think it's them connecting their names to every deal...it's the agents and poop-stirring execs from other teams  :police:

This time of the year I don't believe anything unless it comes from Woj or Shams, and unless it's clearly a scoop and not their speculation. They are very careful to differentiate between the two.

You are right of course. I just get tired of hearing for the Celtics about all the deals they almost made after the fact. I hope they finally go all-in on a team that's right on the cusp.